New Target Boba Fett helmet released

I don't wait for trailers...
Boba.jpg

I had an idea for the Mickey Halloween party at Disneyland. But didn't end up getting tickets before they sold out. But decided to finish this project anyway. Seeing that disney has some rights, decided to do a Mickey mouse fett.

Kill stripes added. Just need to change/add a couple minor things and finish the ear caps and rangefinder

I'm also planning on making the Borden connector another hidden Mickey.

Used rustoleum spray paints and liquid latex from a Halloween store. Still trying to figure out the spraying technique before I tackle a ESB fett paint job on my scratch build.

The ears were fabricated with plastic/fiberglass/bondo. Inside was reinforced with bondo as well.

image1_1.jpg

image1_2.jpg

image1_3.jpg

image1_4.jpg

anybody know the right measurements for the length of the stalk from right ear rim to RF, also small piece connected to the RF? not lenth of the whole stalk cause Rubies is different.

I see different sizes, but if any could measure their MR, AF, FP, etc stalk I would greatly appreciated. I'm going to extend my stock stalk with styrene sheets.
thx

helmet%20size%20stalk_zpsgnjcmdqw.jpg

anybody know the right measurements for the length of the stalk from right ear rim to RF, also small piece connected to the RF? not lenth of the whole stalk cause Rubies is different.

I see different sizes, but if any could measure their MR, AF, FP, etc stalk I would greatly appreciated. I'm going to extend my stock stalk with styrene sheets.
thx

helmet%20size%20stalk_zpsgnjcmdqw.jpg
There's a guy on here making accurate replacement stalks for these.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N910P

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello- I'm writing to tell you there is hope for those that hate e-bay. My wife found one in Anaheim Hills, CA at the target YESTERDAY. Brought it home, and i'm excited to start this project. I managed to pop the range finder off pretty easy as you'll see from the pic. I'm also concerned with the ears, but will be holding my breath and taking a #3 flathead screwdriver to it later today. One question i had is this- above the T-visor, the arrow indicators (is that the right term?) are off-center. Is this something i should try to remedy by removing the whole upper dome and centering it? Or is it not a big deal? My OCD is firing and telling me to center it. If i did- what is the safest method to remove the dome? I'm scared to use un-cure as i do not want to melt the plastic. I appreciate any guidance you might send my way.target helmet 1.jpg

There's a guy on here making accurate replacement stalks for these.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N910P

I know and contacted him a few weeks ago. But I want to customize the Rubies stalk to partially hallow out to add lights for the RF and also make the stalk more accurate in shape using styrene. Its not a hard process I just need the right measurements for the stalk.

Hello- I'm writing to tell you there is hope for those that hate e-bay. My wife found one in Anaheim Hills, CA at the target YESTERDAY. Brought it home, and i'm excited to start this project. I managed to pop the range finder off pretty easy as you'll see from the pic. I'm also concerned with the ears, but will be holding my breath and taking a #3 flathead screwdriver to it later today. One question i had is this- above the T-visor, the arrow indicators (is that the right term?) are off-center. Is this something i should try to remedy by removing the whole upper dome and centering it? Or is it not a big deal? My OCD is firing and telling me to center it. If i did- what is the safest method to remove the dome? I'm scared to use un-cure as i do not want to melt the plastic. I appreciate any guidance you might send my way.View attachment 93059

when I got my helmet in the mail from Target.com, the dome was not aligned perfect like yours . the back of the dome and helmet are tiny markers for the alignment. I rotated my dome by not removing it, see if you turn the dome while its still locked on the helmet. That worked for me, if not then you must take apart the whole helmet.

I'll admit I'm a little nervous posting this on here because I know my paint job isn't accurate (& I've seen the standard here on TDH) but I put my Target helmet back together this evening

paint is all spray cans & maskol

Ive still got some minor weathering to do but I'm pretty pleased

First attempt at a Fett helmet it's been a learning experience

I just clipped it all back together as it came (no glue) just taped some limo window tint in behind the visor for now

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'll admit I'm a little nervous posting this on here because I know my paint job isn't accurate (& I've seen the standard here on TDH) but I put my Target helmet back together this evening

I just clipped it all back together as it came (no glue) just taped some limo window tint in behind the visor for now
Very nice paint job!!!

Looks awesome!

What did you use for the light green? I love how matte it is, can't get that finish for the life of me.

Looks awesome!

What did you use for the light green? I love how matte it is, can't get that finish for the life of me.

Thank you :)

the light green on the dome & lower cheeks is Humbrol dark green 30 it's a matte finish paint anyway & I just used a little wire wool to even it out

The paints cost me a lot more than the helmet :lol:

Any body know if there will be a new run of this and if there are any available anywhere, like from a member possibly. I missed out on this one thanks guys

Sent from my LG-D850

Any body know if there will be a new run of this and if there are any available anywhere, like from a member possibly. I missed out on this one thanks guys

Sent from my LG-D850

Word on the street is that it's no longer in production, sorry for the bad news. You might be lucky enough to find some of the last stock, but the gougers on evil bay may be your only chance to grab one.

Word on the street is that it's no longer in production, sorry for the bad news. You might be lucky enough to find some of the last stock, but the gougers on evil bay may be your only chance to grab one.
I live in WA for the first time ever I am sad for this, looks like others members from this area said there all gone.

Sent from my LG-D850

I'm planning to try my hand at a ROTJ style for my 2nd Target helmet

I think I have most of what I need paint wise but I'm struggling for the upper cheeks, I've seen some builds use blue & some use green

I will be using Spray paints again & could really do with a recommendation please

im In the UK so I haven't been able to find some of the suggested colours from some of the paint up threads here

any suggestions? Most of the dark Blues & greens I've found have been gloss & I'd rather use Matt or Satin

thanks

I'm planning to try my hand at a ROTJ style for my 2nd Target helmet

I think I have most of what I need paint wise but I'm struggling for the upper cheeks, I've seen some builds use blue & some use green

I will be using Spray paints again & could really do with a recommendation please

im In the UK so I haven't been able to find some of the suggested colours from some of the paint up threads here

any suggestions? Most of the dark Blues & greens I've found have been gloss & I'd rather use Matt or Satin

thanks

Not sure on ROTJ, I've always done ESB myself, I use rustolium earth brown, always does the trick
IMAG0673.jpgIMAG0674.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what it looks like
IMAG0662.jpg

I have looked at over a dozen Targets in 3 separate states and have yet to find one. I am sad. Also I was driving through those states I didn't make a special trip.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back