New Target Boba Fett helmet released

I'm planning to try my hand at a ROTJ style for my 2nd Target helmet

I think I have most of what I need paint wise but I'm struggling for the upper cheeks, I've seen some builds use blue & some use green

I will be using Spray paints again & could really do with a recommendation please

im In the UK so I haven't been able to find some of the suggested colours from some of the paint up threads here

any suggestions? Most of the dark Blues & greens I've found have been gloss & I'd rather use Matt or Satin

thanks

I have done a RotJ helmet in the past with only spray cans and this is the tutorial I followed: stormtrooperguy's rotj helmet rattlecan colors

I then sprayed matt over the whole thing. If you do it that way then there is no need to worry about the shininess of the paint before you do the matt finish.

This may be a long shot but, is anyone willing part with one, or someone who's has and extra I'm on a very tight budget and I refuse to spend 100$ on it when an animefan and asok have some for around the same price and there quality far exceeds it but, once again very tight budget

Sent from my LG-D850

Stenciling madness... Not 100% accurate, but neither is the bucket, so meh.

stencil madness.jpg

SB

So do you free hand that from images? Or is there something you can print out and trace? Thanks

I trace the templates on that are found in this thread using graphite paper. So you lay down the graphite paper on the section that you're going to paint, and then tape the template to the helmet on top of that, and then trace the areas that need the stenciling. Once you life the graphite paper, you have the outline of the damage that you'll then want to mask in using some masking fluid.

I DID have to scale the templates that I linked to above. In Photoshop, I set the view to "print size," and then (since there is a 1" measurement scale on each of the templates), I scaled it (after trial and error) so that the 1" scale on the templates equals 3/4" on my screen (remember, it's scale in PS is set to PRINT VIEW, so that's the actual size that it's going to print at). Then I just printed it out, and taped it onto the helmet like I mentioned above.

SB

Ok guys, here's my finished product, for now. I really screwed up the inside of the visor trying to clean some over spray off and rendered it useless, so i had to apply the window tint to the outside. All I can say is do not try to clean clear plastic with acetone, fogged up the whole dang inside of the visor. (P.S. Automotive window tint was created by the devil himself) So as of right now this is strictly a display piece, at least until I can order and install a new visor. Enjoy! Thanks!

IMAG0704.jpgIMAG0711.jpgIMAG0710.jpgIMAG0709.jpgIMAG0708.jpgIMAG0707.jpgIMAG0706.jpgIMAG0705.jpg

Wanted something to wear for Halloween so I busted out the acrylic paints and a couple brushes. 2 Evenings later...

Target%u0025252520Fett%u00252525201.jpg

Still touching it up for a photoshoot, after making the decision to hand paint it I have decided to embrace it and give it an artsy, impressionist styling to it. I actually really enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks much, this is technically my second paint job, Im quite proud of it myself. Ill be re-painting my old bucket in the near future after seeing how well this one turned out.

- - - Updated - - -

Props @Armydad. You look like a natural at this!

Thanks much, this is technically my second paint job, Im quite proud of it myself. Ill be re-painting my old bucket in the near future after seeing how well this one turned out.​

Ok guys, here's my finished product, for now. I really screwed up the inside of the visor trying to clean some over spray off and rendered it useless, so i had to apply the window tint to the outside. All I can say is do not try to clean clear plastic with acetone, fogged up the whole dang inside of the visor. (P.S. Automotive window tint was created by the devil himself) So as of right now this is strictly a display piece, at least until I can order and install a new visor. Enjoy! Thanks!

View attachment 93378View attachment 93385View attachment 93384View attachment 93383View attachment 93382View attachment 93381View attachment 93380View attachment 93379

Jaw is on the floor fella...... gone from $30 to $300 in the waft of an air brush :lol: outstanding work (y)

View attachment 93378View attachment 93385View attachment 93384View attachment 93383View attachment 93382View attachment 93381View attachment 93380View attachment 93379
That looks absolutely top draw man! Very impressive.

The fett is a hasboro that's been worked to death - but I'm doing a similar mod to the rubies as well - not sold , yet, on the visor concept - designed it , cut out and tossed on there , not sure if it will stay or not

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back