New Target Boba Fett helmet released

Haven't reinforced mine, the helmet is sturdy enough on its own, it's not like any one will actually be running and gunning in it. It holds up quite well on its own.

I put my Rubies ROTJ helmet together tonight

I know the paint job isn't 100% but I feel it's close enough for me

there is still some more weathering I could do

actually found it more challenging than the ESB (which I didn't expect) especially finding a suitable blue/green for the cheeks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I haven't replaced the visor yet, when I do it'll be with the t-visor slim deluxe. The rigidity of the visor will help keep it structurally sound as opposed to a wobbly replacement that won't add any support to the overall structure. The cut out welding shields may be cheaper and easy to cut, but unless you add a cross member behind the visor at the bottom of the mandibles you will most likely have bowing inward from the visor area, warping the overall shape if the helmet.

All of these domes look great!

I'm just about to endeavor on my paint-up and am wondering what grit sandpaper you used on the Rubies/Target helms before you started the arduous painting process?

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
All of these domes look great!

I'm just about to endeavor on my paint-up and am wondering what grit sandpaper you used on the Rubies/Target helms before started the arduous painting process?

Thanks in advance,
Justin
I'm not them, but when I painted mine I went with a pretty fine 320. Just enough to help the paint grip.

Gonna wanna get the fake weathering off for sure, though. It's awful.

Sent from my SM-G900P

I went with a rough 150-180 to get most of the topical paint off, then went back over it with 0000 steel wool. Used a plastic bonding primer, either rustolium or krylon, don't remember which, hit it with a coat or two of silver base then let the stenciling begin.

The silver "damage" and kill stripes were topical and easily removed with a little sanding, just make sure the surface is evenly sanded so your primer will stick, do t work about getting down to bare plastic

Ok so i took the plunge finally a couple days ago and started 1 of my target helmets transformation. I watched video, downloaded stencils and tried to stick to the screen accuracy. Im pretty pleased how the first part is turning out with the silver and the base metal. Ive never done anything quite like this before layering paint so intricately, definitely give some props to you guys out there its hard. Enjoy. Hope to have more colors on this weekenduploadfromtaptalk1448074756455.jpg
7f564af69d79bf50d4074e84d06089b9.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1448074816945.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448074835987.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448074858239.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P

Quick paint question. Has anyone ever done layered painting with spray cans? I don't have an airbrush so I was thinking of doing it with spray cans.

Quick paint question. Has anyone ever done layered painting with spray cans? I don't have an airbrush so I was thinking of doing it with spray cans.
The post right above you is mine. Im doing the whole thing with spray cans. There is a thread on here for the colors but i can post a picture.

Sent from my SM-N910P

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back