New Target Boba Fett helmet released

I just used scissors on mine, it works OK, you just have to be careful.
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/atta...tt-helmet-released-visor-jpg-92737d1444522756
You also don't want to make it fit tight in the slot, you want it to over hang the insides to allow for what ever method of attachment you use.
Even if someone else cut it for you, you may have to trim it a bit for however you mount it.

Lynn
mine did not turn out nearly as nice. it is horribly jagged and bad. but I made it work.

Welding #5 visor is in and dent cleaned up.
OjVBVBX.jpg

No glue, no fuss no muss easy visor removal.
5kwXC26.jpg

Lynn

nice job. what brand of epoxy did you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter if it is jagged or not, you won't see it when inside the bucket. Keep it up, you'll get the hang of it soon.

Lynn
it's not the jaggedness that I don't like, I cut it too narrow in places witht hte dremel and it there are blank spots near where the visor it so it looks broken-ish and doesn't glue in right

it's not the jaggedness that I don't like, I cut it too narrow in places witht hte dremel and it there are blank spots near where the visor it so it looks broken-ish and doesn't glue in right

That is why you make a visor pattern out of paper and fit that inside the helmet and make sure it fits correctly and then trace that on to the visor stock so know how to cut out the visor to avoid the problems you encountered because you know exactly where to cut.
Lynn

Wow thats awesome. Whay did you use to mask for the damage areas?

Sent from my SM-N910P

I used liquid latex masking fluid I found in the art supply area of Walmart. You could probably pick it up anywhere art supplies are sold. I used a toothpick to apply each layer in between each color of paint. I must say it's a pain to apply with so much detail. Not as good as some of the pro painters on here, maybe I'll upgrade to an airbrush some day, just using spray paint for now, but not too shabby. Definitely one of my better paint ups. It's got me wanting to repaint my other bucket now.

I used liquid latex masking fluid I found in the art supply area of Walmart. You could probably pick it up anywhere art supplies are sold. I used a toothpick to apply each layer in between each color of paint. I must say it's a pain to apply with so much detail. Not as good as some of the pro painters on here, maybe I'll upgrade to an airbrush some day, just using spray paint for now, but not too shabby. Definitely one of my better paint ups. It's got me wanting to repaint my other bucket now.
So for each area of damage you have to make a layer for each color?

Sent from my SM-N910P

Pretty much, depending on your preference. I primed and painted the whole thing with a base of silver, then traced where the silver areas show through and masked over it, then cover with the next color and repeat. Once the final layer of paint us dry remove the masking fluid. Some people remove the masking and reapply between each layer of paint.

So for each area of damage you have to make a layer for each color?

Sent from my SM-N910P

Here's the best Boba paint up video series I have seen so far. Lewis breaks it all down and shows you how to do it step by step. If you have the time to watch all 26 or so of his vids you'll have no trouble. I think he starts the painting on video number 11 and starts the stenciling on vid 12. Watch it from number 11, it'll help you, I promise!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes- been a long time since i have posted , been lurking occasionally thru the years , but im ready to get back on track now that most life issues are fixed - love there helmets - i have found 2 at targets in central ohio - will be looking again today - these are nicer than most others ive seen - very close to my fang mystery

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back