New Target Boba Fett helmet released

Welcome Kobalos!

I am by no means an expert, but I would say you have a Rubies Supreme bucket, not the Target Rubies.

Your range-finder has l.e.d.s and a slanted outer edge, the Target Rubies did not.

Also, that foam on the inside was not in the Target version.

Justin

Welcome Kobalos!

I am by no means an expert, but I would say you have a Rubies Supreme bucket, not the Target Rubies.

Your range-finder has l.e.d.s and a slanted outer edge, the Target Rubies did not.

Also, that foam on the inside was not in the Target version.

Justin

It was repackaged I guess in the new packaging, how disappointing. Is this helmet as easy to mod to an ESB helmet?

I am actually a little envious, as I got the Target version which doesn't have that particular range-finder.

When did you get this?

As far creating an ESB helm with it, as evident in this thread, you can do any theme that you would like! I am currently beginning work on an ESB myself. You'll find that if you use Rafal's stencils, you'll have to manipulate the shapes to fit this particular model.

Here are some pictures to help I hope they post.

thanks for posting these pics, I'd seen these helmets starting to show up on eBay but the pics were always blurry

The Rubies Target Kylo Ren, First order Stormtrooper & Vader have started appearing in the UK in different packaging but not the Fett

This looks slightly different to the Target one, the details especially the triangles seem a little softer, it doesn't have the connector on the right cheek or the notches on the left?

is it hard plastic (like the target) or the vinyl that Rubies sometimes use ?

does it look like it could come apart like the Target (made painting easy) or is it one piece?

I managed to pick up 2 of the Target Helmets but wish I could have got more

i may end up picking one of these up

image.jpeg

thanks for posting these pics, I'd seen these helmets starting to show up on eBay but the pics were always blurry

The Rubies Target Kylo Ren, First order Stormtrooper & Vader have started appearing in the UK in different packaging but not the Fett

This looks slightly different to the Target one, the details especially the triangles seem a little softer, it doesn't have the connector on the right cheek or the notches on the left?

does it look like it could come apart like the Target (made painting easy) or is it one piece?

the rubies is exactly the same helmet as the target one other than the fact that the rubies has the flashing rangefinder. As you can see from my previous pics...I have one of each. My ESB is the Rubies and the ROTJ is the Target,
There is no difference in the structure or even the gawd awful paint job . The one posted above looks similar, but It's not the same helmet....maybe it's an early version of the rubies, it's deffinately not as sharp looking as the current one anyway..

I am actually a little envious, as I got the Target version which doesn't have that particular range-finder.

When did you get this?

As far creating an ESB helm with it, as evident in this thread, you can do any theme that you would like! I am currently beginning work on an ESB myself. You'll find that if you use Rafal's stencils, you'll have to manipulate the shapes to fit this particular model.

Just got it actually it was an eBay auction, I thought it was the newer target one but guess not.

it seems like one piece, but I'm not too sure the black foam on the inside makes it a hard judgement call. The triangles are soft and not cut out like usual. As for vinyl of plastic I'm not really sure? Never messed with any helmet until now to know a definitive difference.

the rubies is exactly the same helmet as the target one other than the fact that the rubies has the flashing rangefinder. As you can see from my previous pics...I have one of each. My ESB is the Rubies and the ROTJ is the Target,
There is no difference in the structure or even the gawd awful paint job . The one posted above looks similar, but It's not the same helmet....maybe it's an early version of the rubies, it's deffinately not as sharp looking as the current one anyway..

Yeah it's probably a good knockoff in newer packaging, have any of the rubies had black foam on the inside?

I think that's the new Rubies helmet they just released.
The helmet looks a bit different compared to Target's version. The cast seems less sharp but the RF is a awesome upgrade, wish Targets had that/

And I seen that new helmet on Ebay for $75.00 shipped and seems below retail price compared to $100 at Entertainment Earth but the site has the older version.
Star Wars Boba Fett Collector's Helmet - Rubies - Star Wars - Costumes at Entertainment Earth

So, if you guys missed out on Targets version, maybe this a decent alternative instead of dropping $100+++ for Targets version on Ebay.

I think that's the new Rubies helmet they just released.
The helmet looks a bit different compared to Target's version. The cast seems less sharp but the RF is a awesome upgrade, wish Targets had that/

And I seen that new helmet on Ebay for $75.00 shipped and seems below retail price compared to $100 at Entertainment Earth but the site has the older version.
Star Wars Boba Fett Collector's Helmet - Rubies - Star Wars - Costumes at Entertainment Earth

So, if you guys missed out on Targets version, maybe this a decent alternative instead of dropping $100+++ for Targets version on Ebay.

Yeah as I was hoping it was the target, yeah it was 75.00 but I'm not really sure how to attack it first I have paint and will sand but I wish I knew how to take it apart :/

I hope this hits my area (Iowa, USA). I wanted a second bucket to work on and I like the fact that it is slightly different, even though it's not necessarily in a good way. (Those soft edges!)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah as I was hoping it was the target, yeah it was 75.00 but I'm not really sure how to attack it first I have paint and will sand but I wish I knew how to take it apart :/

I would tackle taking it apart like the Target version. Start by trying to pop the ears off. If they come off, you may have luck seperating the rest of the helmet.

I hope this hits my area (Iowa, USA). I wanted a second bucket to work on and I like the fact that it is slightly different, even though it's not necessarily in a good way. (Those soft edges!)

- - - Updated - - -

I would tackle taking it apart like the Target version. Start by trying to pop the ears off. If they come off, you may have luck seperating the rest of the helmet.

Thanks! I'll have to put up a thread for my step by step process!

Ok fellow target helmet guys. So ive been banging away on mine some more in between R2 and TFA and BB8 and MSE.....but i digress. So after some serious tricky modifications and the help of toolguys 3D Printed RF stalk, RF and Body, JCs lights and RF servo kit this is what ive got now! Im pretty pleased. Oh i threw one of T-VISOR.COM slim visors in there also

Sent from my SM-N910P

Has anyone scaled the paint stencils for these helmets that is willing to share? Figure rather not try and re-invent the wheel if someone has already played with it. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back