New Target Boba Fett helmet released

Its rustoleum
Sage Green
Moss green
Metalic Silver
Flat Black
Claret Wine
And Navy Blue
I also got and ultra flat olive from the krylon camouflage line to blend the body color some.

Sent from my SM-N910P

Getting a closer to being done. Got a little away from the ROTJ screen accuracy....but pretty happy with it for a target bucket and first attempt. Enjoy. More to come. uploadfromtaptalk1448343787897.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448343812602.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448343832391.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448343858420.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448343882621.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P

Damn...those are great. Really nice job on the details. I found it was hard to peel the paint layers using the rattle can paint. Maybe i put it on to thick? Nice work on these.

Sent from my SM-N910P

Damn...those are great. Really nice job on the details. I found it was hard to peel the paint layers using the rattle can paint. Maybe i put it on to thick? Nice work on these.

Sent from my SM-N910P

Thanks man.... Yeah it's much easier with the humbrols to use the maskol.... It's just a much quicker way to finish I reckon

View attachment 94168View attachment 94169View attachment 94168
View attachment 94170

Here's a couple of pics of my esb and rotj View attachment 94170... I'm not going for 100% screen accurate but I'm really pleased with both.... One was done with purely airbrush humbrol the other 90% rattle can. Not great lighting to show the colours I'm afraid.
Hope you likeView attachment 94171View attachment 94172

Very nice! What did you replace the stalk and RF with?

Yeah i second that. Where do i get that replacement stalk and RF?

Sent from my SM-N910P

The rangefinders are the ones that came on the helmet (the l.e.d. one came with the rubies supreme costume helmet) ....the stalks I got 3d printed from shapeways Rafalfett and toolguy both sell them on there. They are a bit thick for the Rubies ears, so you will need to cut the plastic back a bit to make them fit, but they are a good sturdy replacement.
P

I bought this display stand from Ebay for $12.99 shipped within the USA.
Stand is 17inches tall and comes apart in three section, base, rod and top and is made of iron and cooper.
The factory paint job is not great but that can be easily repainted.
Only down side is, there is a small bump in center of inside the Rubies Fett helmet. So, its tricky to balance the Fett helmet properly. But remove that small bump and there should be no issues
Overall the stand is great, especially for the price. But I did have a small problem with my order, the top part was missing. Seller was great and a week later I got the missing part.

Heres few pics of my helmet. Haven't had time to paint it, which well be the white proto version. I'm not skilled painter like you guys

DSC01498_zpsclobed22.jpg

DSC01499_zpsgzjp5rv9.jpg

DSC01497_zpsap6tx6um.jpg

DSC01495_zpsjn0jqxu3.jpg

DSC01493_zpsqekr5pu4.jpg

DSC01490_zpstdkvfah9.jpg

DSC01489_zps5po7nl7g.jpg

Man I am kicking myself for not picking one of these up when I saw them. If anyone happens to have an extra they would part with I would be forever grateful.

View attachment 94168View attachment 94169View attachment 94168
View attachment 94170

Here's a couple of pics of my esb and rotj View attachment 94170... I'm not going for 100% screen accurate but I'm really pleased with both.... One was done with purely airbrush humbrol the other 90% rattle can. Not great lighting to show the colours I'm afraid.
Hope you likeView attachment 94171View attachment 94172

You've got mad painting skills. Also, the shape of the helmet really is the best I've seen for a mass-produced bucket you can find in general stores. Very nice.You've got mad painting skills. Also, the shape of the helmet really is the best I've seen for a mass-produced bucket you can find in general stores. Very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got mad painting skills. Also, the shape of the helmet really is the best I've seen for a mass-produced bucket you can find in general stores. Very nice.You've got mad painting skills. Also, the shape of the helmet really is the best I've seen for a mass-produced bucket you can find in general stores. Very nice.

thank you very much ...I'm still a newbie painter really so I'm chuffed you approve :)

Hi guys 1st post and just joined. I think I got this helmet, but not sure. It could be a knockoff. Any help would be appreciated, and if I can and knew how to post pictures it would help as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back