My Rick Massa Shadowfax ROTJ Armor Build Thread

The damage you’re pointing out in the video is ESB damage. That looks like a recast FPH2 ESB helmet. You’ll need to fill it and as you said add the ROTJ damage. Do not fill the that little square in the upper cheek, it’s not damage. The Borden is incorrectly angled, but yes the holes are supposed to go all the way through.

Last edited:
The damage you’re pointing out in the video is ESB damage. That looks like an FPH2 ESB helmet. You’ll need to fill it and as you said add the ROTJ damage. Do not fill the that little square in the upper cheek, it’s not damage. The Borden is incorrectly angled, but yes the holes are supposed to go all the way through.
Which cheek are you saing is not damag the wearer’s left or right?

Oh I see I looked at some photos, you mean the rectangle on the wearers left cheek. I also see the borden holes. I will fill them and drill them correctly.

Last edited:
Some photos:

XjH8s7Y.jpg

rjAJ1wg.jpg

1lWPln1.jpg

UmjoTLK.jpg

Your videos are great! Very informative and I can totally relate when you reference your task list, or reaching out to someone for parts, or waiting for a run to start up - totally been there yet my build is barely off the ground!

What exactly are the pastels you referenced? Are they pigments? They look like “pens”...? Just curious cause the weathering of the pouches looks natural!

Your videos are great! Very informative and I can totally relate when you reference your task list, or reaching out to someone for parts, or waiting for a run to start up - totally been there yet my build is barely off the ground!

What exactly are the pastels you referenced? Are they pigments? They look like “pens”...? Just curious cause the weathering of the pouches looks natural!
Thanks I'm glad if they help anyone. I think pic heavy descriptive threads are great but I am also a fan of videos and enjoy watching people do things too so I just went with a vlog style.

Here are the pastels. Got them at Blick art store in the US but I think any good art store would have them. I basically just colored them like crayons and used my hand to blend it all in.
rTeVGte.jpg

Thanks I'm glad if they help anyone. I think pic heavy descriptive threads are great but I am also a fan of videos and enjoy watching people do things too so I just went with a vlog style.

Here are the pastels. Got them at Blick art store in the US but I think any good art store would have them. I basically just colored them like crayons and used my hand to blend it all in.
View attachment 172698

Thanks for the info! I’m in the US, but none of the art stores around me have individual pastels (just the kits). No biggie - I found the Blick website and were good to go. I feel way more comfortable weathering fabrics with pastels. I wonder if anyone has input on “setting” the pastel weathering; can you use Dullcote over them?

Thanks for the info! I’m in the US, but none of the art stores around me have individual pastels (just the kits). No biggie - I found the Blick website and were good to go. I feel way more comfortable weathering fabrics with pastels. I wonder if anyone has input on “setting” the pastel weathering; can you use Dullcote over them?
I tried using pastels on my armor and then Dull coat over them and it did not work because you’re putting liquid on a chalk material so it just disintegrated. As for the hip pouches I used something called fixative to help set it into the fabric, as well as a waterproofing shoe spray

Well, I ordered about 15 different colors from Blick Art Store, hahaha! Thanks for the info - I’m excited to start weathering using these. I also have some spray fabric dye that I’ll be using (leftover from my ammo belt) and some flat black for misting. It’ll have to be trial and error on the dull coat.

Well, I ordered about 15 different colors from Blick Art Store, hahaha! Thanks for the info - I’m excited to start weathering using these. I also have some spray fabric dye that I’ll be using (leftover from my ammo belt) and some flat black for misting. It’ll have to be trial and error on the dull coat.
Cool glad I can help. Very curious to see if mine are ok now. Staff has still not commented since I posted the new bags, but I know everyone was busy with elections. Right now I’m focusing on the gauntlets, jetpack, and helmet. You have a build thread?

Cool glad I can help. Very curious to see if mine are ok now. Staff has still not commented since I posted the new bags, but I know everyone was busy with elections. Right now I’m focusing on the gauntlets, jetpack, and helmet. You have a build thread?

Unfortunately no, not yet anyways. I’m awaiting receipt of my Armor, gauntlets, helmet and Jetpack (from Fettpride). While I’ve waited I’ve acquired pretty much everything else I’d need, or every “upgrade” and found part available (for certain items). Got my boots, ammo belt and blaster done, but that’s it for now. At least until I get my pastels anyway...hahaha!

So I did a few things on the gauntlets today.

TiVq547.jpg

The piece in the upper left is glued in, the piece on the lower left shows where it will go after painting it separately, the darts on the lower right are just test fitted in there, they need to wait until after I've painted, and the light in the upper right is test fitted, also needs to go in after painting.

Looking Good Sean !! It's hard to hear everything in your Gauntlet video. It sounded like you had some question about the switches?
Those appear to be the push button switches which are the correct ones to use. The most common are the Alco or Tyco switches. The model numbers that you see on the Alco's are 106D, 106F and the 206 version. The "F" is a momentary contact, the "D" is a regular constant on or off and the 206 versions are double pole switches...

Looking Good Sean !! It's hard to hear everything in your Gauntlet video. It sounded like you had some question about the switches?
Those appear to be the push button switches which are the correct ones to use. The most common are the Alco or Tyco switches. The model numbers that you see on the Alco's are 106D, 106F and the 206 version. The "F" is a momentary contact, the "D" is a regular constant on or off and the 206 versions are double pole switches...
Thanks good to know I have the right switches. I was concerned because if I add the switches to the right gauntlet, I have to do the weathering for the gauntlet that had switches on screen, and I’m not finding as much reference material for the gauntlets with switches. Do you know if there’s a thread that has great photos? The MOM gallery has great photos of the gauntlets but they don’t have the switches

Sean, on the right side is what is shown on the real gauntlet, the left side is "T"'s (Tennantlim's) recreation of it ("T" has done Great Work on his Fett) I have some of these switches (3 position slider) to use that might work better than the toggle if you're interested?
You could construct a cover to put over the slider that would be close to original. I've had pretty good luck using the Instamorph pictured below.
Shoot me a PM if you're interested in the slider switch.
PS - You can get the Instamorph on Amazon !!
PhotoGrid_1539825838764.jpg IMG_20181027_115815 (1).jpg 81SQW7ctslL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back