My Rick Massa Shadowfax ROTJ Armor Build Thread

So I weathered the Ammo Belt. Here is a photo of Rick's as he had it and where it is now.
oQYnARD.jpg

Here are a bunch of close ups:
Kw1F41N.jpg

8j9eDI1.jpg

G680yk1.jpg

UmipmuK.jpg

H8nbsSY.jpg

5Y80mgj.jpg

zdbibpZ.jpg

UROH9Hi.jpg

4yJ6bpP.jpg

5R0xRD4.jpg

4PzFbfD.jpg

bmnXZIz.jpg

NcaaKp6.jpg

4PxZXpL.jpg

and of course the video

So last night with the help of a brother clone in the Garrison (thank you Albert) I was able to dress in everything I can wear now to start to get a look for sizing and corrections that may need to still be made. We took these photos. I posted them on the 2 facebook groups expecting to get roasted but the feedback was surprisingly good. I do need some tweeks but nothing major. Here are those photos with the caption from the FB post:

This is where I am at so far on my repaint and rebuild rotj hero. I think I have to raise the girth belt a little, lower the ammo belt a little, make sure the knees are better attached and straight, weather all soft parts more including the girth belt, cut button holes in the vest to attach strapping for jetpack, drill holes in backplate for connection to collar studs, make sure neck seal closes all the way. There is a strong possibility my shin tools are inaccurate as well I need to go look at photos. I am still waiting on my new gloves from Mike M, my wookie braids from Woody. I need to strip and repaint my hemet and jetpack, and build and paint my gauntlets. I also opened up the shelter half for the first time today and I’m pretty sure that needs to be replaced completely. Anything else you guys see? Be gentile.

qwzr4z7.jpg

jHavCiq.jpg

83lPvvf.jpg

L98FJUk.jpg

XiiOGRu.jpg

And a before work started until now side by side:

v81sbYg.jpg

I also need to tighten the sleeves around my biceps in the flight suit and add the missing dent in the right chest for Hero. See anything else?

Some slight things I see. The silver on the diamond is supposed to be a bit thicker but I’m not sure if they’ll ding you on that

I was also going to mention the shirt sleeve.

The rope belt should not have the black belts sticking out.

I’m not entirely sure but the girth belt looks a bit bright to me.
Also it looks like the thigh pouches are facing outwards?

Just some small things but it looks great!!

How are the braids and gauntlets coming along?

Some slight things I see. The silver on the diamond is supposed to be a bit thicker but I’m not sure if they’ll ding you on that

I was also going to mention the shirt sleeve.

The rope belt should not have the black belts sticking out.

I’m not entirely sure but the girth belt looks a bit bright to me.
Also it looks like the thigh pouches are facing outwards?

Just some small things but it looks great!!

How are the braids and gauntlets coming along?
Yeah I’m gonna wait to see if they mention the diamond. I agree it is on the smaller side but I think it’s passable. Its up to them. If I have to, there is a way I can surgically repair it. The black belts were sticking out because my helper didnt know how to buckle them I should have explained it better to him. The girth belt is very bright so I it will need to be weathered. The pouches I think are correct on the thighs. The angle of the flap starts on the outsides of my body moving inwards towards the knees. Correct right? I think that’s how it is in the CRL picture . Thanks for all the feedback it’s helpful

Added the missing dent for ROTJ hero. I heated the armor from the back with a lighter and pushed. Luckily the paint stayed put. This is the 4th dent over all I had to create in this kit. SMH

mCVp7Mz.jpg

8CyjDE3.jpg

ok so i was able to get some pastels here is the list

giw5gxA.jpg

I weathered the 2 bags we made based off the crl and a reference photo and came up with this base color.

ByCM1XY.jpg

they can still be airbrushed with some black if I want but most of the reference photos ive seen dont have a ton of weathering. the crl photo is way more weathered. here is where I started to where I ended

ZnHHyaI.jpg

and of course the video

Little bit of a sad day. This was the last bit of Rick's Fett paint, even if he didn't paint it. This was the face we saw when Rick wore it, but alas it must be redone for accuracy and 501st approval. I sanded all the paint off and gave it a bath. I will need to add the physical damage and correct the accidental damage and then prime it for painting.

xxClmCC.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back