My Rick Massa Shadowfax ROTJ Armor Build Thread

Very Nice Rick !! Good Job !!

Haha no I’m not Rick, I’m Sean. I have Ricks armor . If you watch the first or second video I explain how Rick had passed away back in 2016 after just completing his Boba Fett. I won his armor in an auction. The money went to his long time girlfriend who has cancer. I’m trying to bring his kit back to life so we can keep it in the Garrison. But it needs many updates to get approved. Thanks for watching and the compliment though. Any feedback is appreciated. Lots of people counting on me to get this armor approved. We want to remember Rick and Sue and honor them.

Those colors look great! I've been following along on the facebook page as well!

Cool just watched they video. I will take note of this. Thanks again for posting this as I would have tried dye first. I will be doing it in washes also. I used washes on my boots.

You might be OK with dye I think the reason it didn’t work for me is number one I’ve never done it before and number two there was a lot of bleach on my bag it probably affected the dye

You might be OK with dye I think the reason it didn’t work for me is number one I’ve never done it before and number two there was a lot of bleach on my bag it probably affected the dye
I'm going to go with paint washes as I have only used dye on my girth belt. I am better at using the paint washes.

Haha no I’m not Rick, I’m Sean. I have Ricks armor . If you watch the first or second video I explain how Rick had passed away back in 2016 after just completing his Boba Fett. I won his armor in an auction. The money went to his long time girlfriend who has cancer. I’m trying to bring his kit back to life so we can keep it in the Garrison. But it needs many updates to get approved. Thanks for watching and the compliment though. Any feedback is appreciated. Lots of people counting on me to get this armor approved. We want to remember Rick and Sue and honor them.
I've got the Flu, so I'm not to sharp here lately !!

OK I really want to put these hip pouches to bed. I have no idea how many versions I finally ended up doing I just kept working it and working it based off the 2 reference photos I had. In this post I will show you where I am at now with them. Here are 3 photos in different lighting. You can really see how lighting effects paint. It really does on armor but on fabric too. When I get close to matching the photos in the pictures from the computer and in my iphone photos yeah they look close, but that same bag looks wrong to the naked eye and vice versa. So the struggle is to get close to the photo but still look right with the naked eye because ultimately we will be seen in real life not just photos.

FSMY3c2.jpg

zwL4F79.jpg

EBDxB1I.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back