My Rick Massa Shadowfax ROTJ Armor Build Thread

That Boba is VERY articulated! I received one as a gift recently, but I don’t recall the brand off the top of my head. Mine is “die-cast” like; so its got some significant weight to it, and I thought it was fairly poseable, until I saw this video...

Here I talk about the magnets in the gauntlets, some real switches, modding the thrusters in the jetpack and a msg to all who have helped along the way so far.

TUlDomE.jpg

st47SxY.jpg

lKzyhHC.jpg

Jsr3m0Y.jpg

rHkbUx4.jpg

A7jPGft.jpg

ryiA8mn.jpg

aCTVH6o.jpg

TOptpTJ.jpg

ZwSQzRl.jpg

x0rGytS.jpg

My4Oh0x.jpg

0LFGFLA.jpg

1fOJqJ4.jpg

YRu3t8C.jpg

I’ve been thinking about the keyslots and the calculator circuit board recently too. I have the actual calculator, and thought it might look cool, though not accurate, to leave it unpainted...

Don’t know how much detail would show up, but I’ll mess around with it once my helmet gets here!

And I like your videos; they’re informative and entertaining! Even if we are at different points in our builds (as most of us are), there are situations you discuss and are working thru that I can relate too!

I’ve been thinking about the keyslots and the calculator circuit board recently too. I have the actual calculator, and thought it might look cool, though not accurate, to leave it unpainted...

Don’t know how much detail would show up, but I’ll mess around with it once my helmet gets here!

And I like your videos; they’re informative and entertaining! Even if we are at different points in our builds (as most of us are), there are situations you discuss and are working thru that I can relate too!
Thanks brother. New video going up tomorrow where I build the left gauntlet. Also gonna tackle the right tomorrow too. In tomorrow’s video you’ll see me screw up and find solutions! Thanks for the feedback and support.
As for the circuitboard im trying to get it approved in the 501st so im married to the crl

OK I put the jetpack together and I like the look of the thrusters but the bungie isn't doin a great job so I have to come up with another way to keep them in place, I may try something later today or tomorrow on that.
tNFsCdF.jpg

j3rEoJ9.jpg

Yesterday I attached the flame thrower and dart to the left gauntlet, glued on a few greeblies, and mocked up the switches at this point it is ready for final sanding and painting. I will do the padding and electronics when I am in the final stages of sizing everything up. Planning on putting lights in the flame thrower but recessed back so you don't see them and I decided on a non functional tower switch. I will be going with the actual hero paint scheme on the as per JB Dubz suggestion even though I do not feel confident about having great reference material, especially for the right. I will be building the right gauntlet today.

If you have man of war gauntlets you want to watch the video below.
hq7TdtR.jpg

spYdA0V.jpg

Ok the Machingcraft bordon came in

gX80x4u.jpg

I got some jectpack decals from Scott Lucks and some negtive decal stencils from Fettology

I carved up Rick's bin so I could hang it on the wall

lQcbuTr.jpg

d7mgTWc.jpg

D0T8ieB.jpg

and got my new Rangefinder from Uhbif on the Dented Helmet

WbBMH3Q.jpg

Gby1uNA.jpg

It came with a resin stalk so I modified my aluminum sithplanet to work with it and it now fits and also fits in the ears.

Looking good! Not sure I’ve ever seen the RF Topper lights work like that...? On what, gravity? Hahahaha! Not too sure about your unboxing videos - I was cringing thinking you were going to in-box your palm with that knife!!!

Looking good! Not sure I’ve ever seen the RF Topper lights work like that...? On what, gravity? Hahahaha! Not too sure about your unboxing videos - I was cringing thinking you were going to in-box your palm with that knife!!!
Lol Yeah my buddy Taylor yells at me all the time the way I use knives and razor blades.

I got my Mike M gloves in to replace the Manofwar because i was told mine were "too dark". Funny thing is Mike's are darker than the Manofwar, but more accurate and well respected in the community so Mike M it is I guess.

3VhvSLe.jpg

XcHAZFW.jpg

I also got in a new MQ-1 greebly for the back of the helmet from shapeways because I felt like the blacktusk one was not "clean" enough or sharp enough. you can see them side by side

pjBa5oT.jpg

71b1C8a.jpg

New Machinecraft bordon is in

tJKIkQ9.jpg

Ordered a real shelter half but I think it's a remake or copy of the old originals. Color is good but seams are different but for basic 501 approval I don't think it matters. I was able to cut 2 out of it I will weather them both and see which I like better.
Rd5BYKh.jpg

pMNptJE.jpg

This weekend is all about gauntlets, been too cold too paint and also been busy, and bought some new paints that were on order. In this video I prime the gauntlets, silver them, build them, mask them, then paint a layer of flat black. Next I'll be testing the reds all day and hopefully painting that on tomorrow.

ER9L9Yy.jpg

SxwxNtx.jpg

VfADkhr.jpg

32RuMiP.jpg

qGgT63t.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back