Trying to understand

cattaylor333

New Hunter
Hi everyone,
I’ve been a long time member reading posts and learning all that I can from threads on paint and other issues. I bought a Fettpride FPII helmet a long time ago made by Chris. I think it’s awesome! I’m told it’s not worth what I paid for it. I also bought a bunch of MOW pieces and I think the quality is really nice. I guess I’m an idiot because I’ve been absolutely run through by a builder trying to buy the pieces off of me. My question is have these pieces lost their value or am I being taken advantage of? I’ve also been told that none of MOW’s stuff works for 501.

I wouldn't say an original FPH2 would lose value over time.
If you feel like you're being taken advantage of, you just might be.

Any items value is what someone is willing to pay for it.

As for MoW, the boots are one of the best out there, and the boots along with his gauntlets and jetpack properly painted and set up will pass. The gloves will require work to pass though.

I'd say post images of what you have for a better assessment from the community.

Any items value is what someone is willing to pay for it.

As for MoW, the boots are one of the best out there, and the boots along with his gauntlets and jetpack properly painted and set up will pass. The gloves will require work to pass though.

I'd say post images of what you have for a better assessment from the community.

9730B1B9-BB30-498B-9045-B29A8AA6F5F9.jpeg

772B4DE1-55BA-4D18-8B41-6994FBA2F1E4.jpeg

C7E7EACC-059E-4016-BA4D-3193A80A8D8F.jpeg

66390C22-7D15-4C84-9E18-8EF0A212896F.jpeg

1E39699E-35CA-42F5-9BAA-75DB034EA81F.jpeg

68D6023A-23ED-4F2F-8F59-526BD40D2489.jpeg

It also depends on what you paid for the items in question. If the FPH2 was bought for the standard price then I can't see why it would now be worth less to most people, I'd have thought the kit would be worth pretty much what it was bought for. Weird. Who is the builder?

Honestly it sounds like the Workshop, if it is, avoid at all costs. He just tried scamming someone out of a large sum of a money for a full suit recently.

Who's the builder you're dealing with?
I don’t want to cause any ill will between people. He’s not a member here but maybe I value my collection more than he does. As I was told by him he knows every maker and builder and I have no idea what I doing. Maybe he’s right or maybe he just wanted to make as much off of me as possible.

I'd have thought the FPH2 hold its value. Wasteland currently sells a version of that helmet for $275 so it's got to be worth at least that. I don't know if they were more or less from Chris. I think the same would be true of the MOW items.

I'd have thought the FPH2 hold its value. Wasteland currently sells a version of that helmet for $275 so it's got to be worth at least that. I don't know if they were more or less from Chris. I think the same would be true of the MOW items.
I bought the original for $350 in 2012.

I didn't realise there was such a difference in price. I believe there are only some minor differences so I guess the market value might be at 275 these days. If that was a ballpark value quoted it might account for it?

The FPH2 Chris sells and the one Wasted Fett sells are not exactly the same. Wasted’s the prototype and don’t include the calculator circuit board in the actual cast and some other slight differences I believe.

The MoW belt will be fine but you would do well to hit it with a darker brown dye. The current color of it is a decent base color that will look nice showing through as "wear spots" when you airbrush it. The flight suit will be fine too if your dye job goes well. Technically you'd want it to be a one piece garment but the 501st CRL doesn't require it so you're good. The JP harness will be fine as well. The CRL does not require you to have the accurate O2 tank style harness. The FPH2 should absolutely hold its value, if not be worth more since that version sold by Chris is no longer available. The guy is just trying to rip you off.

The other guys are being polite about it but I'll just say it...the "builder" (ha!) that you've unfortunately been dealing with is a liar, a thief, and a con man. He has a long history of dishonesty and is rightfully banned from here and from several other communities (including the 501st Bounty Hunters Guild). You'd be wise to just flush the toilet on that relationship now and let him go to the sewer where he belongs.

You have the right to ask whatever price you want for any item. If the potential buyer doesn't like it, oh well.
If they throw a temper tantrum, then you're better off not dealing with them.

I guarntee if you sell something to this builder he’ll claim it was damaged (no matter how well you pack it) and then demand a refund immediately.

And if you’re going to post about me on Facebook at least spell my username right! ;-)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back