Pinkflamingos6 ROTJ Build

PinkFlamingos6
You have a "Tron Gun"? Well c'mon man, show us!
View attachment 222104

Hahaha!

This is just my opinion, but I'd airbrush them black band on the tanks. Yes, it takes a little longer to tape it up, but the rewards are worth it!
View attachment 222105

-Iron
Here's the old tron gun lol
20220401_194023.jpg

20220401_194114.jpg

Did a practice suit up today, just waiting on my gloves and need to fix up my wookie scalps.
20220402_134738.jpg

20220402_134345.jpg

20220402_134325.jpg

Other than the boot spikes getting twisted, how'd I do on my suit up? Any feedback is good feedback as far as getting my costume in order for submission.

Also had a near death experience today meaning I almost lost my jetpack :( I think I'll attribute it to not securing the harness as well as I should of. When I was walking back up the steps to my house THANK GOD my mom was there to catch it from falling. Both straps Un hooked and it was hanging on by a clip that ended up twisting the lower scuba tank bar. Definitely gotta look into what caused this and fix it asap.
20220402_141131.jpg

Other that that I had a good time lol

Let me know if you see anything else that needs fixing!

PinkFlamingos6
Oh man, that sucks! But truth be told, it coulda been way worse! Thank god for mothers, right? <Whew!>

That is thee one thing I didn't find appealing to the Toe Spikes that some vendors offer. The fact that the Toe Spikes could swivel like that and having that potential to get all cock-eyed. I'm curious why some one hasn't come up with a way so that it is all one piece made out of solid steel? But then again, I know next to nothing when it comes to fabricating metal parts - who knows maybe it is truly impossible. Or is there fear out there that in making toe spikes this way that they could be used as legit weapons?

In any case, I should think a little bit of metal/metal epoxy would get that taken care of. But you're looking good sir. I know I have to do this myself, but a little scuffing up on the Ammo Pouches could be done as well.

-Iron

Last edited:
Iron,

Thanks for the tip! I just think I took one wrong step and kicked one of the spikes loose. As for the ammo belt, I think you're right but I feel so bad about weathering the beautiful work of delta leatherworks.

Iron,
As for the ammo belt, I think you're right but I feel so bad about weathering the beautiful work of delta leatherworks.
PinkFlamingos6
....and that is exactly why I couldn't bring myself to do it either. But having it now for just about two years, I think it is time. But I agree, is it very difficult to blatantly damage a gorgeous $230.00 work of art. To take a piece of sand paper and small scribe and damage the ammo belt does make me a little sick to the stomach. But.....Boba doesn't keep his gear in pristine order, and neither should we! You might even say, to NOT weather it is to dishonor him. Hahahaha!

1648934440226.png

I guess we could always buy another one. One to keep in pristine order and the other.....not. In fact, that is the first rule in Government spending, why buy one, when you can have two at twice the price.
1648934916421.png

-Iron

Attachments

• 1648934424537.png
    1648934424537.png
    455.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
After some troubleshooting I ended up shortening the white straps about half an inch or so and I bent the top hooks on the jetpack to close them up a bit more.
20220403_094541.jpg

I also think it was a suit up error on my part putting the scuba harness on wrong.

Did another test fit last night and got the pack to sit a lot better. I initially was going for the "sagging" look you see in some of the promo shots but now I'm at the other end of the spectrum.

Only thing I'm concerned about is that the straps might be too short since almost none of the white strap is visible thru the backplate. I don't know if I'll lose points for this but the way I have it set up now is extremely secure. I was able to do jumping Jack's without the pack moving at all.
20220402_174416.jpg

20220402_174437.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

Also per Iron's suggestion... I weathered up my ammo belt a little bit. As hard as it was taking sandpaper to the beautiful craftsmanship of a nice new belt. As well as repeatedly dropping and dragging it across the basement floor and taking a Screwdriver to it lol. Here's the end result. I also added a little bit of leather lace to the back.
20220403_110531.jpg

20220403_110543.jpg

Also per Iron's suggestion... I weathered up my ammo belt a little bit. As hard as it was taking sandpaper to the beautiful craftsmanship of a nice new belt. As well as repeatedly dropping and dragging it across the basement floor and taking a Screwdriver to it lol. Here's the end result. I also added a little bit of leather lace to the back.
PinkFlamingos6
Oh man…..you did it! Hahaha! A much braver man than I. I’m gonna have to step up.
:lol:

-Iron

Now the weathering on the jetpack begins...
20220404_111341.jpg

Got the tank caps painted up again. Hopefully get them attached soon enough!
?hash=3dec0749e339421c70d037cb21107e9e.jpg

Lastly I washed my flightsuit for the hell of it, mostly to test the long term durability of the acrylic craft paints i used to weather with. I'm actually happy with how it came out.
It looks like it lost a little bit of color but I was kinda hoping for that. I always felt the grime was a little too heavy on the suit, especially the lower half.
It's still a little damp but here's the result!
20220404_111739.jpg

I think I'll wash it again once I get the gloves weathered and I'll wash the ammo pouches too to get rid of the stiffness.

Attachments

• 20220404_111553.jpg
    20220404_111553.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
PinkFlamingos6
You're off to a great start on the weathering of the JP. I've only worn my flight suit like 5 times for more than a few hours. I was always pretty nervous about washing it and wondered like you how the acrylics would hold up under the washing circumstances. now I know. Unlike your flight suit, I kinda felt like mine coulda been weathered more - initially, I just didn't wanna go overboard. I have thought about dry cleaning it. But would be interested to hear what others do with their flight suits.

-Iron

PinkFlamingos6
You're off to a great start on the weathering of the JP. I've only worn my flight suit like 5 times for more than a few hours. I was always pretty nervous about washing it and wondered like you how the acrylics would hold up under the washing circumstances. now I know. Unlike your flight suit, I kinda felt like mine coulda been weathered more - initially, I just didn't wanna go overboard. I have thought about dry cleaning it. But would be interested to hear what others do with their flight suits.

-Iron
I know Arkady recommended using vodka in a spray bottle to eliminate any odors. I know I was definitely getting a little sweaty having all the gear on for half an hour, can only imagine being dressed up for a troop for a few hours. I figure you can probably get away with a quick wash on a gently cycle and be fine, worst comes to worst you gotta airbrush some more grime on the suit from time to time.

PinkFlamingos6
Interesting on the vodka. That's the first I've heard of that technique - -I would think that'd make you smell like a drunk - Hahaha! But then when talking with Arkady we never got into "How to care" for the flight suit. Last couple times I've taken to using...
1649089023879.png

But I know that will only last so long before I'm gonna wanna give it a good wash - with the washing machine. And it seems like your gentle wash was the way to go!
(y)

-Iron

I would not recommend washing the flightsuit In a washing machine. Febreeze has been my go to and has worked for years. You don’t want to undo any of the weathering you worked on.

I would not recommend washing the flightsuit In a washing machine. Febreeze has been my go to and has worked for years. You don’t want to undo any of the weathering you worked on.
That'll probably be my go to in the future, I just wanted to see if I could tone down some of the weathering I'm my case.

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back