Boba Fett post sarlac

Can't you wait for the post sarlac armor to be added to the CRL?

• Of coursee!

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Nahh staying ESB

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Naah staying RotJ

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I gotta say I think it’s pretty horrid. I’m not even the most mad about the paint job, it’s the way the armor doesn’t even seem to properly fit and the horrible helmet they used as the base. I get he had a hurried event putting the stuff on but with the way it was all fitted out I hope we never see anyone trooping this version. Yeah call me a hater and I honestly think it looked ok in some scenes but I really hope they change it significantly for whenever the next time we see him on screen.
WHy would it look like it is suppossed to fit him? The vest was modified to fit Cobb Vanth who has a smaller frame. Plus, having a thicker robe on underneath . I thought it looked like it was suppossed too overall wise. It was fit for a different framed persona nd he is throwing it on over other clothes.

Images of the Tusken Fett action in chronological order (mostly the weapons and jetpack):
00 - Bomb Detonation.png 01 - Landing in Action.png 02 - Blaster Shot 1.png 03 - Blaster Shot 2.png 04 - Blaster Shot 3.png 05 - Flamethrower-Laser 1.png 06 - Flamethrower-Laser 2.png 07 - Blaster Shot 4.png 08 - Blaster Shot 5.png 09 - No Double Sided Knee Darts.png 10 - Flamethrower-Laser 3.png 11 - Flamethrower-Laser-Cannon.png 12 - Double Sided Knee Darts.png 13 - Double Sided Knee Darts Fire 1.png 14 - Double Sided Knee Darts Fire 2.png 15 - Blaster Shot 6.png 16 - Blaster Spin Jango Style.png 17 - RF Activation.png 18 - RF Down.png 19 - Targeting Lower Ship.png 20 - JP Rocket Fire.png 21 - JP Rocket Fired.png 22 - Hitting Upper Ship.png 23 - Eliminated Both Ships.png 24 - JP Activated.png 25 - Fly Away.png 26 - Hologram Tree Activation.png 27 - Hologram Tree Activatied 1.png 28 - Hologram Tree Activatied 2.png

I didn't add all the action scenes. Read the file names for more info.
Two details to highlight: no double sided knee dart launchers (the inner one is most likely CGI) and he said that he targeted the other ship, which he did.

Last edited:
No, it was the rocket/laser located on the top of the left gauntlet:
View attachment 203170
Ahhh, I gotcha.

Well Boba definitely cleaned up for this newest episode! Flak vest is now black and he’s sporting a fresh coat of paint. Jetpack is now more TESB style green. But he also painted over his dent! That just feels wrong! Lol! Def prefer the weathered look personally but interesting nonetheless... Also has a new EE-3 variant. Similar to the TESB version but not quite the same...

Well after today’s episode I can honestly say I am not enjoying the paint job on his armor at all... maybe I’m being to critical but he never took off his helmet in cannon and it’s weird to always see him not wearing it and like I said the new paint job really got me. I’m glad he’s back but dang it’s not the Fett I love.

Well after today’s episode I can honestly say I am not enjoying the paint job on his armor at all... maybe I’m being to critical but he never took off his helmet in cannon and it’s weird to always see him not wearing it and like I said the new paint job really got me. I’m glad he’s back but dang it’s not the Fett I love.
Yeah it’s def a little offputting. I almost wonder if Tem only agreed to play him if they regularly showed his face or something. It’s otherwise a weird choice on Favreau/Filoni’s part since he was famously portrayed as faceless and mysterious in most media back in the day. It wasn’t like he was chilling out on Cloud City or in Jabba’s palace with his helmet tucked under his arm...

Last edited:
I can't say the helmet thing really bugged me. I guess I'm used to animated Mandos taking them off all the time, and maybe living without it for 5 years or so has impacted his attitudes. Plus he's not really a mystery man anymore, even if his face is hidden. For almost 2 decades we've known the canon version of who he is, where he comes from, what makes him tick, etc. At this point I think it's more interesting to dig into his character more than to try and keep a mysterious air.

The paint job though... That's going to take some getting used to, and I hope it gets some good wear on it before long lol. I think I would have preferred the super weathered post sarlacc look for the armor combined with the more neat, finished looking soft goods from this weeek

Yeah it’s def a little offputting. I almost wonder if Tem only agreed to play him if they regularly showed his face or something. It’s otherwise a weird choice on Favreau/Filoni’s part since he was famously portrayed as faceless and mysterious in most media back in the day. It wasn’t like he was chilling out on Cloud City or in Jabba’s palace with his helmet tucked under his arm...

Exactly I just didn’t care for it at all and the fact he painted the armor was very strange seeing as he went so long with his armor just the way it was..

Clean slate or not this was a huge mistake on the production of the show that would be like if Darth Vader lived and painted his armor white or something! It’s just not right

Yeah I'm surprised it's super clean and the dented part is painted over. But... it's probably to sell more action figures! Cobb Vanth, Boba Fett weathered, Boba Fett clean.

Maybe we'll see him scratch it off or something in some upcoming episodes. As well as they may be able to show some new gadgets he may have in upcoming action sequences with his new "shiny" armor.

I do actually like his new look more than his debut.

Last edited:
I'm not typically the sort of person to get too bogged down in the "in universe" explanations for these types of things, but Boba Fett obviously painted the armour since originally taking it over from Jango Fett, so the paint would have looked clean and un-weathered at that point too. Anyone trying to say that it was a production mistake to write this in or that it goes against the "character" of Boba Fett to bother with any design aesthetic choices is just ignoring the larger history of this story. I think it makes total sense that he might want to freshen up after all that he has gone through and I really dig the look. You can already see scratches in the paint forming in this episode, so he's on his way towards the classic worn look we all love, just give him some time.

I'm not typically the sort of person to get too bogged down in the "in universe" explanations for these types of things, but Boba Fett obviously painted the armour since originally taking it over from Jango Fett, so the paint would have looked clean and un-weathered at that point too. Anyone trying to say that it was a production mistake to write this in or that it goes against the "character" of Boba Fett to bother with any design aesthetic choices is just ignoring the larger history of this story. I think it makes total sense that he might want to freshen up after all that he has gone through and I really dig the look. You can already see scratches in the paint forming in this episode, so he's on his way towards the classic worn look we all love, just give him some time.

But he never painted again after that and had let it weather. No repaint even for the Empire job. So why now? They drastically changed the look as they did with Vader in ROTS. Why change it that much? I know Vader was Lucas' original vision but do Filoni and Favrea have their reasoning?

But he never painted again after that and had let it weather. No repaint even for the Empire job. So why now? They drastically changed the look as they did with Vader in ROTS. Why change it that much? I know Vader was Lucas' original vision but do Filoni and Favrea have their reasoning?
Maybe he wants to forget about falling into the Sarlacc? Hahaha.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back