Boba Fett post sarlac

Can't you wait for the post sarlac armor to be added to the CRL?

• Of coursee!

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Nahh staying ESB

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Naah staying RotJ

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it’s easy to forget this is only 5yrs after ROTJ. Boba would be 40ish and Tem is almost 60. Of course I’m attributing his looks to the Sarlacc and 5 years spent under the Tatooine suns (just look what happened to Obi-wan!). As for the costume, I don’t mind it changing and evolving from what we know but I think more time could’ve been spent on it. I don’t hate it but with some tweaks, I think it could look much better.

I think it’s easy to forget this is only 5yrs after ROTJ. Boba would be 40ish and Tem is almost 60. Of course I’m attributing his looks to the Sarlacc and 5 years spent under the Tatooine suns (just look what happened to Obi-wan!). As for the costume, I don’t mind it changing and evolving from what we know but I think more time could’ve been spent on it. I don’t hate it but with some tweaks, I think it could look much better.
Exactly. He was born 32 BBY, and it's 9 or 10 years ABY. Like I said, I'm a year older than he should be, so I like to pretend I'm doing pretty well based on how that 42 year old looks. But that is a great point about Obi-Wan and the Tatooine sun. Owen and Beru obviously had the same issue!

I get why you all want that, but to me... we already had that. It's cool to have a new look. It took me several days to accept this new version after The Tragedy, but as soon as I saw him in The Believer, I was totally sold.

My main reason for wanting it to go back to the ESB look or the ROTJ look isn’t just because I like it better but more for the fact that I believe he kept his flightsuit and everything to carry on his fathers name not just the armor but his look as a whole and of course he made it his own but it still had a resemblance of his father and I just don’t think that would be something he would just all of a sudden drop his whole outfit was a part of him not just the armor

So, I get the dislike for this especially since it is so drastically different from the costumes we've all obsessed over for decades, but it makes a lot of sense to me to have what is essentially 'old man Boba' (even though he should be only a year younger than I am right now, but he's been through the mill for sure).

My main reason for wanting it to go back to the ESB look or the ROTJ look isn’t just because I like it better but more for the fact that I believe he kept his flightsuit and everything to carry on his fathers name not just the armor but his look as a whole and of course he made it his own but it still had a resemblance of his father and I just don’t think that would be something he would just all of a sudden drop his whole outfit was a part of him not just the armor

My assumption is that most of the soft parts of his suit dissolved or were at least heavily damaged by the Sarlacc. Of course that doesn’t explain the flak vest but maybe it’s beskar weave! Lol

My assumption is that most of the soft parts of his suit dissolved or were at least heavily damaged by the Sarlacc. Of course that doesn’t explain the flak vest but maybe it’s beskar weave! Lol
Yeah, that's what makes the most sense. All you have left is the hard parts and the vest, which may have been corroded anyway since he changed it.

His jumpsuit was definitely similar to Jango's but not the same, but now it seems like he is almost born again. He came out of the Sarlacc changed. While he wants his father's armor, he is still moving further toward being his own person. Is he even a bounty hunter anymore? He may be moving in a totally different direction.

I had kinda expected him to revert when seeing Grogu, jumping at the chance to take out another Jedi, but maybe revenge no longer drives him. And costume designers tend to take a lot of character developments into consideration when designing their look.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back