*SPOILERS* The Book of Boba Fett Discussion

Honestly - this whole series seems like the worst kind of fan service. It still makes me laugh that Rodriquez is on record stating he got a lot of ideas for Boba Fett from playing with action figures with his kids.... he should have stuck with that. This whole show just feels like 10 year olds playing with action figures on a play set. Everything is fast paced, makes no sense, has an incredibly vague plot, and is generally very predictable. Only, I feel like kids would have had Boba doing a lot more action scenes. I did enjoy Boba and Din jet packing into the action though - that was pretty neat.

Also the whole rancor thing is just ridiculous. We all knew it was going to be inevitable but I figured he would have been busting out of the palace riding it to attack something not fleeing Back to the palace, where his ship is which is A) faster, B) has guns C)is more heavily armored and D) doesn't make him literally a sitting duck/target sitting on top of the rancor.

Also the whole plot part with Grogu showing back up wearing the chainmail and doing force stuff to help save the day just makes me sad. "The fans loved Grogu - let's just give them more of him so make them happy. People will love everything that is Grogu, he'll cover up how poorly we actually wrote this series" - also, did we really think Grogu wasn't going to end back up with Din after the whole pod space just for Grogu being built in his ship?

Last edited:
Great…The Mandalorian just became BJ and the Bear in space…

Hell yeah! Let’s Go!

CB9037C4-5B05-42ED-BBB8-E3DB010A2328.jpeg

The Mandalorian is different though. For a start, the writing is miles better. The characters are better defined with clear goals and motivations. Yes it has it's cutesy appeal with Grogu and yes Disney want to sell toys but I think The Mandalorian at least gets this stuff right and knows when to do it.

I'm personally glad they brought Mando in from episode 5 and gave us a headstart on S3, it means we can jump straight in to the story.

Something else that is still annoying me about BoBf. We've said before about how Boba appears clueless throughout and seemingly has to be told what to do at all times, but is it me or did they seem to purposely go out of their way to drive the point?

That scene in the finale when they're in the ruins of the bar and Boba suggests heading back to the palace before Captain scooter literally says to him:

"that's a bad idea."

For a start - no, it's not. Surely that's a much better plan because it draws the Pykes away from the city to the palace which, as Boba says - is much better fortified than an already blown to bits building, but what kind of weak reasoning is it to say "oh no, we need to stay for the people" - you mean the same people who turn on you 5 minutes later and betray you for the Pykes? :lol:

Then Boba just caves instantly and is like "yea ok." I mean - is there a scene I missed where Boba goes to the mod parlour and has his balls removed?!

Also, more shoddy writing - when Cad Bane says "I think I have a way to draw out Boba Fett" so, I was thinking - oh, what's his plan? And it's literally just to...go and see him? That's not a plan Cad, that's a pop-in.

The more I think about the finale, the worse it is. The hammy King Kong reference (WHY?!) The mayor's assistant - why are they still keeping this guy around?! The rancor nonsense, all of it just atrocious.

And now, we have full hindsight to be able to say what the f*ck was the point of the Tusken storyline. Jesus, everyone who was defending the show early on was saying he's going to learn from them and forge an alliance and they're going to come back at the end to help him...

...na.

They literally served no purpose. At a stretch you could say it gave motivation for Boba to want to kill the pykes but he was already in the middle of preparing to fight them when he found out they were responsible NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE

Last edited:
Well ..... I think i would have been more into Fett as a 4 part mini series
Him sitting in the cantina that he now owns ( with his armor hanging behind the bar ) as a old man telling the tale of his escape and the adventure that came after with the flashback quick cut scenes.....

Cade Bane was so cool in the clone wars series -- it just felt empty with him in live action
the last 3 episodes could have been the first part of the mando new season

I enjoyed the show. It did feel like 90% fan service. And while I believe it could have been written better or paced better, it isn't what weakened the character. It was Lucas introducing Jango Fett and the clone angle that mucked up his image. It doesn't help that they created Mando, who is kind of the personification of everything we loved about Boba Fett.

I didn't hate this show. But it ultimately felt like an after thought. It's telling when the two best received episodes don't star the main character and fail to advance the plot. I'm ready for Mandalorian season 3.

I still love Boba Fett. I just kind of accept this is who he has become.

This show felt like some high school kids saw some Peckinpah and Kurosawa movies but didn't understand them, then decided to make a show with their toys but don't grasp fundamentals of storytelling. Or even really film making. Any Godfather vibes are things like having people talking at a table or standing on steps. Sure, it's got stuff like that other movie but completely missed the point or what made it good. Cad Bane shows up and mentions they have a history. Is that why it's called "Book" of Boba Fett? Because they wanted to tell not show this stuff?

I was one who really wanted to give this show a chance and argued for it even on here. I've seen far better work from everyone involved on this show so I have to wonder if it was a rushed project. Really the worst time for me as a fan since Rise of Skywalker, which is another reason I wonder how rushed they were on this. They had bullet points rather than scripts.

Again, I wanted to like this, and did enjoy most of a couple episodes before they completely showed how little they know what this show even is about.

And what I was afraid would happen is exactly what they did: Boba and Fennec are essentially in the same spot we thought they were in at the end of Mandalorian season 2. They are ruling over Tatooine. The show also managed to undo the emotional gut punch from the end of Mandalorian season 2 for bonus points. (edit to clarify, I did expect it to happen eventually just not immediately after, but later in Mando season 3 or even season finale)

Simply disappointing. I told my wife it's like getting a massage from someone who has never experienced one before. It's something that should have been really easy to make enjoyable.

Last edited:
This show felt like some high school kids saw some Peckinpah and Kurosawa movies but didn't understand them, then decided to make a show with their toys but don't grasp fundamentals of storytelling. Or even really film making. Any Godfather vibes are things like having people talking at a table or standing on steps. Sure, it's got stuff like that other movie but completely missed the point or what made it good. Cad Bane shows up and mentions they have a history. Is that why it's called "Book" of Boba Fett? Because they wanted to tell not show this stuff?

I was one who really wanted to give this show a chance and argued for it even on here. I've seen far better work from everyone involved on this show so I have to wonder if it was a rushed project. Really the worst time for me as a fan since Rise of Skywalker, which is another reason I wonder how rushed they were on this. They had bullet points rather than scripts.

Again, I wanted to like this, and did enjoy most of a couple episodes before they completely showed how little they know what this show even is about.

And what I was afraid would happen is exactly what they did: Boba and Fennec are essentially in the same spot we thought they were in at the end of Mandalorian season 2. They are ruling over Tatooine. The show also managed to undo the emotional gut punch from the end of Mandalorian season 2 for bonus points.

Simply disappointing. I told my wife it's like getting a massage from someone who has never experienced one before. It's something that should have been really easy to make enjoyable.
I agree with most of this.

For me, Godfather vibes would’ve involved some actual depth to the characters which Temuera Morrison seems unable to provide.

I wasn’t disappointed at the undoing of the Mando S2 finale. It doesn’t make it any less special for me. I think we all knew Mando & Grogu would be reunited again and I thought they set it up and executed it ok. I’d have preferred it to happen in an episode that didn’t otherwise completely suck but beggars can’t be choosers I guess!

Just don’t utter any of this elsewhere or you’ll be labelled a toxic fan.

I agree with most of this.

For me, Godfather vibes would’ve involved some actual depth to the characters which Temuera Morrison seems unable to provide.

I wasn’t disappointed at the undoing of the Mando S2 finale. It doesn’t make it any less special for me. I think we all knew Mando & Grogu would be reunited again and I thought they set it up and executed it ok. I’d have preferred it to happen in an episode that didn’t otherwise completely suck but beggars can’t be choosers I guess!

Just don’t utter any of this elsewhere or you’ll be labelled a toxic fan.
Well too late, but I'm trying to have discussions rather than spew bile in other spots.

And what you're saying is exactly my point, but probably more lean. Anything they did that was "Like the Godfather" was missing the point of why Godfather is so loved.

And yeah, I did know they'd be reunited but it's a common thing to do on shows where you spend the 3rd or 4th season with the main characters apart somehow, then the following season is sorta status quo again but in a new way. Now Walter White's wife knows about the business or Steve Buscemi gets out of prison etc. Eh, but it's their show.

My wife pointed out to me Favreau's movie Chef is very similar to Book of Boba Fett as far as the sudden ending. Instead of Boba suddenly caring about "my people", whom he hasn't made any onscreen connection with, and now having a great relationship with them at the end, it's a chef who suddenly rekindles things with his ex, off screen, whom he never showed interest in rekindling with before.

I think... My bottom line is... There were good parts but I felt they could have done a better job telling the story and building to those parts as well as the ending. That's my drilled down reaction anyway. Now I intend to stop moaning about it. At least to my wife since I'm sure she's sick of hearing it, heh.

The highlight for me of the whole series was Boba shooting his Knee rockets and Blaster at the same time.

Expect that to be the next Boba Fett toy no doubt

Waited 6 episodes to see him use the EE-3 and then didn’t get even get that wrong? Should be burst fire no?
Not sure about that level of detail. I watched the episode again yesterday, and as a round up for me, out of the whole series I only liked about 12 minutes.

Use of rocket pack
Mando and Boba together fighting, this made Boba quite cool for a moment!
Slave 1 in action firing on the bikers
Anything Cad bane and some BK

The rest was pretty bad, but the mods and there "slowers" was just next level bad!!

It should not have been made, I could have just lived off the Trajedy episode in Mando S2, that was shot way better, with all the use of his armour tricks and gun twirling!

Not sure about that level of detail. I watched the episode again yesterday, and as a round up for me, out of the whole series I only liked about 12 minutes.

Use of rocket pack
Mando and Boba together fighting, this made Boba quite cool for a moment!
Slave 1 in action firing on the bikers
Anything Cad bane and some BK

The rest was pretty bad, but the mods and there "slowers" was just next level bad!!

It should not have been made, I could have just lived off the Trajedy episode in Mando S2, that was shot way better, with all the use of his armour tricks and gun twirling!
It’s just frustrating because people like Filoni harp on about being super fans. I’d prefer if they were honest and just said yeah, I’m innit for the money.

Not just with the EE-3 stuff - you’re right, it’s a little too much detail to be overly critical of but you’d think someone who is as big a fan as the people involved claim to be would never in a million years sign off on such an overall humiliating depiction of one of the most loved characters in the franchise.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back