*SPOILERS* The Book of Boba Fett Discussion

Scott Kaufmann

The Dent
Community Staff
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is the place to discuss all of the things that transpire in The Book of Boba Fett. Reader beware, there will be spoilers.

Max Rebo! Didn't he blow up with the sail barge?

Why was there a random TK in the Sarlacc?

Left knee and codpiece gone when climbing out of the sand. Explains the Cobb Vanth armor set.

Tuskens always seemed cool. Until this episode.

Fennec parkour was probably the coolest part of this episode.

Just gonna keep watching and see where it goes.

Last edited:
Well that was.. a thing
1DCE0747-B7E5-49AA-9500-D1A7B6646746.png

Last edited:
Well that was a disappointment. i think the thought process behind this episode must have been '' Let's show the thing that people have been waiting 40 years to see in 15 seconds because we need to be able to fill the episode with more shots of boba digging sand and healing in the bacta tank '' That scene looked so bad as well.. I hope this doesn't turn out like mando S1 where every single episode is the same boring long pointless filler for the final, i mean how often can you lose the most valuable asset in the galaxy because you left it with someone you've never met before so you can help another pointless character you've never met before and will probably never see again?

Last edited:
The escape from the Sarlacc, while cool to finally see on screen was absolutely disappointing to watch. We didn’t need that many flashbacks of Sandpeople either in my opinion.

Also, either Boba went right back into the pod after every fight scene in Mandalorian Season 2 or those eclectic weapons took their tool…either way…Boba kinda looked weak.

Yea he looked weak, the fighting and stunt people over choreographed the entire fight sequences, slow and mundane. Got that Wilheim scream in rather early too. Why didnt they show him flying out of the pit? They overdid that volume work to show the Sand People village, they couldve flown him out and made him weak after that. Was sorta disappointed. Ill keep watching cause its Boba and I want to see where it goes, but so far its just ok.

I mentioned this over on the facebook page... but other than the majority of the episode being 100% "meh".... honestly, the most surprising thing that stood out to me, is that it never occured to disney to try and digitally modify the actor's "body", to resemble boba fetts' physique in ROTJ.

Let's face it, in ROTJ, Fett was slim. *shrugs*
He falls into the Sarlaac pit, digs his way out and he's suddenly gained 40 pounds of weight around his mid section? This is supposed to be 5 or so years before BOBA appears in season 2 of the Mandalorian. The flashbacks in this episode are supposed to be RIGHT AFTER ROTJ..... yet they have 'flashback' Fett look exactly like the heavier Fett from 5 years in the future. Really surprised they didn't address that, as it's glaringly obivous.

The fight scene with Fett was painful to watch with how bad it was choreographed, and how weak it made him look, having to be dragged all the way back to jabba's palace and thrown into a bacta tank on the edge of death.

I know this is laying the ground work for future episodes, and it WILL get better, I have faith in the people behind the series (in Filioni we trust...).... but I was completely underwhelmed and disappointed by this 1st episode. :(

I don't even look forward to having to watch it again with my wife, because I stayed up to watch it at midnight, and she wanted to watch it when she gets home today. How sucky is that... I'm not looking forward to having to watch the first episode of a freakin' boba fett show, again.

I mentioned this over on the facebook page... but other than the majority of the episode being 100% "meh".... honestly, the most surprising thing that stood out to me, is that it never occured to disney to try and digitally modify the actor's "body", to resemble boba fetts' physique in ROTJ.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Shorter, stockier. I get it, you laid the ground work in AOTC with TM and Jango clone stuff, just not entirely thrilled here.

He falls into the Sarlaac pit, digs his way out and he's suddenly gained 40 pounds of weight around his mid section? This is supposed to be 5 or so years before BOBA appears in season 2 of the Mandalorian. The flashbacks in this episode are supposed to be RIGHT AFTER ROTJ..... yet they have 'flashback' Fett look exactly like the heavier Fett from 5 years in the future. Really surprised they didn't address that, as it's glaringly obivous.
This is what probably bothered me the most. It is very jarring. For the flashback scenes, instead of digitally modifying TM’s body, they could have had a younger actor with the same build as the ROTJ Fett. With all the scarring, I don’t think it would have made a difference that it wasn’t Morrison.

Also, for some reason the Gamorreans don’t look right to me. They didn’t in The Mandalorian either.

Last edited:
Just finished watching it.

I'm interested to see where this goes. But yes, like many of you, for a first episode it was a bit underwhelming. They should really start with a bang to build interest, but there wasn't much to grasp. I agree that the escape from the sarlacc needed more time instead of playing in a sandbox. I'm not hating it...yet...as there is still room for it to grow.

Again, I think this series in itself is going to be hard for many of us. We grew up with a specific vision of Boba Fett in our minds - through the movies, books, and comics. We know that he's a mysterious character, and has always been a secondary villain, never in the spotlight. Now that he's front and centre, a lot of the mystery will be revealed, and not in the way many of us will have expected. This feeling is just going to be something that we need to accept. It was the same deal when it was revealed that Boba was just a clone of Jango and not a student of Jaster.

On that note......

Anyone notice how much more ribbing there was in that OT flight suit? Shoulders and at the waist? Ahhhhh crap. Time to update :)

Just finished watching it.

I'm interested to see where this goes. But yes, like many of you, for a first episode it was a bit underwhelming. They should really start with a bang to build interest, but there wasn't much to grasp. I agree that the escape from the sarlacc needed more time instead of playing in a sandbox. I'm not hating it...yet...as there is still room for it to grow.

Again, I think this series in itself is going to be hard for many of us. We grew up with a specific vision of Boba Fett in our minds - through the movies, books, and comics. We know that he's a mysterious character, and has always been a secondary villain, never in the spotlight. Now that he's front and centre, a lot of the mystery will be revealed, and not in the way many of us will have expected. This feeling is just going to be something that we need to accept. It was the same deal when it was revealed that Boba was just a clone of Jango and not a student of Jaster.

On that note......

Anyone notice how much more ribbing there was in that OT flight suit? Shoulders and at the waist? Ahhhhh crap. Time to update :)
Lol yeah. I was looking at the flightsuit and even his armor vest and thinking “man, couldn’t thry even TRY to have him in an actual screen accurate costume when he comes out of the pit, because it IS supposed to be rotj fett .

Man, the jango reference… i never thought of that. AOTC was a long time before i got here. I never thought before of the storm the whole clone of jango thing thst must have created in here when that got dumped into canon.

This wasn't the Fett I grew up with from the Original Trilogy in the 80s. The one I loved had a mysterious air and kept his helmet ON, making for total badazzery. The way he removed his helmet in that bar/club reminded me so much of what Sly Stallone did with Judge Dredd...sigh.

While agreeing that some digital work could have been done with TM's body [anyone remembers Laurence Fishburne in Predators? and how he put on weight despite being stranded on an Alien World for so long.] for that scene, the Sarlacc sequence could have been kept longer and more detailed. Hell minus off the time spent with that Tusken Kid, that was totally unnecessarily long.

Don't get me started on his need to keep recovering in the Bacta Tank bit...

I'll keep watching it but truth be told, all I'm seeing and hearing is Jango Fett in new colored armor.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back