Ord Mantell's PP2 Build

Shin tools done. Using Mojo-Fett metal for the Michell brush rods for now, until the more accurate replicas are released.

IMG_1966.jpg

Mojo made great stuff, I still have his shoe spikes! :lol:
Indeed. And his jetpack harness will never be equaled.

When I met with Mario the first time he explained to me he traced the PP1 emblems directly off the suit and transferred those to manila paper to make stencils. So I used the same technique, except I copied the PP2 emblems directly from photo references and laid them out in photoshop to print to manila paper.

IMG_0921.jpg

E6B420BB-E3B8-424A-A12D-46034CBEF126.JPG

For the right gauntlet paintup, I assembled it all together and painted it the way the Daydream guys would've had to paint it. Which requires a good bit of masking tape. Also the hose for the plug block was inserted with the rest of the hose not masked, which is why the end of the hose on the original was clean despite the paint spillover.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 3.07.31 PM.png

17C96E4D-18D6-4FBE-94FF-99967265972A.JPG

3A59D48B-CA2D-41F2-96FE-219F063A53AF.JPG

These gauntlet shells are the new photogrammetry gauntlets by MinuteFett. Since the photogrammetry source was the Celebration IV display, the shell is actually copied from the original PP2 gauntlet, the version of it used for the RotJ backup costume, aka the RotJ SE version. The piezo gas lighter greeblie was a printed model made by ConvergenceProp. I'm using the correct RS branded push switches and real dental files.

3DCAA52C-0A23-4139-A1C7-E1BC84F624E9.JPG
245AD9FC-1E9E-42BD-9BF1-AA1CF2F584B3.JPG

IMG_2400.jpg

Untitled 10.jpg

Last edited:
Just getting this far on the left gauntlet was challenging... gas and igniter line connectors are now pretty solid. Gas line uses rubber air/fuel hose and igniter line uses xlr cable with 1/8" minijack like on the ST.

2E0A705C-9FBF-4B84-A779-C2E545C6AAEC.JPG

However, I don't believe the PP2 had an igniter connector there like the ST. I think that line was hardwired from the gauntlet interior all the way out to the first XLR connector past the clear tubing. The main piece of evidence is its obvious the tube was not disconnected when it was painted because of the silver paint overspill on it. If it was easily removable it would've been disconnected when painted, like the gas line was. So I went through extra trouble to be less accurate, but the interior parts of this are unknown to me so it's not a thing I really care about. Besides, it's easy to change, but for the ease of getting things on, it's nice for both lines to disconnect as needed.

E07B6459-BCB1-486E-B6B5-85E7873829A6.JPG

Last edited:
Clothears put dirty down on them and it grayed them out. I told them not to do that. To the naked eye they look more blue, but I agree they should be more blue even under this lighting. Should be the same blue as the ROTJ spats. Its pretty much ESB suit blue as far as I can tell. But thanks. I was aware and I agree. Actually I was just trying to calculate earlier this afternoon how long to put them into the dye bath. The other thing is, though, that pic is taken with an iPhone 12, and its pretty bad at reproducing blues. It has a strong tendency to gray out blue tones. I hate it, but my DSLR is kaput.

They should have some color, and not look white...maybe it's the lighting
View attachment 239078
Fair. Lighting always messing with color accuracy across the various Fetts. The PP2 definitely has the best reference photos. I took a peak at mine tonight to see how I matched up (below) and for what it's worth, mine definitely look more washed out in the photo than they do to the naked eye...

Complete PP2 01.jpg

This thread is more than 2 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back