Mix's ESB Boba Build

It really was quite the challenge, but I'm happy to say my helmet is done! Again, this is my first ESB paint up and I know it's not perfect, but I'm really happy with how she turned out.

98ljQ9M.jpg

jcGLZ5i.jpg

I went back and fixed a portion of the killstripes I left out because the stencils I used had the thumbprint covering them! :oops: Thanks to Raizo Fett for pointing that out!

n2nOR51.jpg

5jTCAJS.jpg

yQyUAF3.gif

I even got my servo and RF light kit installed from Jc27

Now that my helmet is done. I moved onto boots.

nMcWuYy.jpg

Fresh out of the box when I got them from Man of War Studios last year for my Protector build.

I darkened the stripe down the middle and started the first phase of weathering off of what spideyfett did to his CA boots.
Vtncq0H.jpg

If all goes to plan, I'll be able to get these done this weekend.

Looks good, did you have any issues with the servo or light kit?

I have been working on this here and there...

oifqOFc.jpg

Dyed, or rather stained my girth belt with minwax penetrating wood stain.

AshlxUg.jpg

DUEP'

And finally got my locking pins onto my armor. The surface of the plate and pin got roughed up and attached with JB weld and after that set and dried, I pressed on plumbers epoxy for reinforcement.

5LEr09B.jpg

TY5KFHj.jpg

I have been working on this here and there...

oifqOFc.jpg

Dyed, or rather stained my girth belt with minwax penetrating wood stain.

AshlxUg.jpg

DUEP'

And finally got my locking pins onto my armor. The surface of the plate and pin got roughed up and attached with JB weld and after that set and dried, I pressed on plumbers epoxy for reinforcement.

5LEr09B.jpg

TY5KFHj.jpg

Made some more progress before starting the paint process on the chest plates.

ai3uG5D.jpg

Tested my attachment method with the clutch back pins. Super secure, really cheap, and no sewing of velcro! The pins literally just poke through the vest and are secured with a little push pin. Really easy. I got my plates primed immediately after this so I'll have pics of that and the painting process here shortly.

G71sv7R.jpg

Also got my collar stud holes drilled for attaching the collar to the back plate.

Little bit of progress to report...

WiVpaeU.jpg

Painting commences on the chest plates. Back plate is done in gray as well. I'm going to come up with my green mixes, mask off appropriately, and add the silver topically.
WiVpaeU.jpg

A wild harness has appeared! This is one of Big Dane's kits.
BAQwUlo.jpg

PkGL9GS.jpg

Jetpack paintup by Dent Eastwood.
PkGL9GS.jpg

aMml2E1.jpg

Test fit!
aMml2E1.jpg

Sorry for terrible selfie.

Slowly working on getting the chest armor painted here. I got the orangeish color half laid down on the right shoulder last night before I ran out of paint.

So, that means a trip to the paint store! While I'm there, I'll be looking for the right blue and maroon used on the chest sigil and shoulder skull since I have the stencils from Fett4Real. With that said, what are people using color wise for the chest sigil and the skull on the left shoulder?

Hey guys!

Sort of fell off the WIP train, but I did end up finishing my ESB Fett! Just got approved as BH-65041 with the Great Lakes Garrison. Hopefully I see a lot of you guys at Celebration next year!
G6CCNRZ.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back