General gablesz WIP

Here’s some other pics from the troop. Back on topic.. my chest lights ran out of battery but I think everything else looks good :)

B9BB0B46-B38B-48D0-9003-E7261C30D07E.jpeg

351C7022-6038-4877-B287-26A4AB4134FF.jpeg

A93C4F30-B672-4567-B02F-BFC86015C729.jpeg

Nice. Congrats. A tip for keeping the rangefinder from drooping down, glue a rare earth magnet in the stalk and ear (unless you have a servo in there); it gives a satisfying tug when you pull it up and down.

Nice. Congrats. A tip for keeping the rangefinder from drooping down, glue a rare earth magnet in the stalk and ear (unless you have a servo in there); it gives a satisfying tug when you pull it up and down.

As soon as I noticed it I pushed it up and it stayed for the rest of the night. Somehow it got hit down at the beginning. Glad I noticed..

Thanks everyone!

Troop 2 went well although I had a kid nearly rip off my Jetpack. Parents please teach your kids how to behave!

My scanner is definitely an issue. It got loose again and by the end of the troop I just put it in down position.

4A8E6266-D06C-4040-A4C1-9CD378B5D787.jpeg

F24E745B-91A7-4F81-A893-EEA85C20AF40.jpeg

This sounds like a good idea but I’ve got no idea where to start with something like this. Any other quick fix methods?

This sounds like a good idea but I’ve got no idea where to start with something like this. Any other quick fix methods?
Here's a video of someone explaining it. Kinda:

You'd need to use two small n52 magnets and drill a space the size and depth of the magnet into the ear housing and the stalk so that they line up (being careful not to drill too far if you have a hollow RF stalk with the RF light wire in it, you don't want to cut through those wires. Then match the polarities and glue the magnets in place. I'll get you a picture of my setup when I get back from work.

Here's a video of someone explaining it. Kinda:

You'd need to use two small n52 magnets and drill a space the size and depth of the magnet into the ear housing and the stalk so that they line up (being careful not to drill too far if you have a hollow RF stalk with the RF light wire in it, you don't want to cut through those wires. Then match the polarities and glue the magnets in place. I'll get you a picture of my setup when I get back from work.

Thank you man I would definitely be interested :)

Thank you man I would definitely be interested :)

IMG_6925.jpg
Here's where you want to install the magnets. They can be bigger or smaller than the one I've got, but they'll have to be pretty thin to accommodate the thinness of the ear and stalk. You'll also want to be pretty accurate with the magnet placement because the magnet will pull the stalk out of alignment if you're off. Its easier if your ear is removable.

What I did the drill and glue the magnet in the stalk first, then I place it in the correct upright position then turn it around and let the second magnet find the other magnet on the back of the ear. I circled it with pen and drilled out the resulting mark which worked out pretty well.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back