General gablesz WIP

Damn, that helmet looks great with everything on. Is the jetpack loose in those photos, or just a quick setup to take them?

Hey man thanks! Actually the ESB Jetpack setup changes throughout the movie. Sometimes it’s looser than others. On the star destroyer it’s pretty tight and in the bespin halway scene it’s pretty loose. I think mine is someplace in the middle which I personally like. Although I had a very inexperienced handler for these photos and there’s a good chance it’ll look totally different next time I put it on. But if I fall between the “star destroyer and bespin halway” scenes im happy.

BD47E0B3-3AF8-465F-A46C-3C1FD8155807.jpeg

FE3F7E11-DC35-4861-982D-38F57E1640B6.jpeg

Ahhh, thank you for that tidbit. I never actually noticed it being that loose in the hallway scenes before!

I will have to think about how I want to wear mine now once I have it. Haha

Ahhh, thank you for that tidbit. I never actually noticed it being that loose in the hallway scenes before!

I will have to think about how I want to wear mine now once I have it. Haha

For sure man! I learn new stuff about Fett every day and have been for over a year now. I’m not sure if the CRL states what the “correct” look for the jetpack is. I don’t think it does. Like I said before I kinda like when the rocket leans outward a little instead of pointing straight up. Reminds me of ESB Fett a lot. Obviously you don’t want too much sag so you need to be in the sweet spot for it to be alright. I’m sure you guys would tell me if it looked janky! Haha

ROTJ has a similar situation with the jetpack. In the movie it is drawn up tight and high but the promo shoot it is super low and loose. I personally prefer the way it looks when it's high up. Seems more "finished" to me.

Ok here’s some more photos. The biggest thing I see right now is my girth belt in back. I think from every angle except behind it looks fine. Because I’m only 5’6” tall I’m having a hard time finding the room to have both straps showing. My handler put the top strap under my ammo belt. Also due to my height I have not much of a gap between my ammo belt and my vest/armor. Basically my drivers buckle will never be seen I’m just not tall enough. I think if I worked at it could have my handler pull down my top girth belt strap but I’m not sure how that’ll effect the look in front.

03D109C3-AF82-48F3-8658-E1C7E048ACA3.jpeg

282CEF53-EBF3-45C3-AE1B-44883CF03C1D.jpeg

03AA00E0-3224-49E3-AAD8-048479F7DFCD.jpeg

E469A8FE-CBA8-42A8-B2F7-E56467737FF8.jpeg

My personal opinion is that the Diver's belt buckle should never be seen, so I think what you have there is great. Like Fett with his knees upside down in the carbon freezing chamber, I believe any time the buckle is seen is a costume error.

The girth belt straps should be pretty easy to jockey around into position. This makes me realize that I'm gonna have a tough time when I have my wife suit me up for my approval pics next year. I'm gonna have to print out the CRL and hand it to her. "You know I love you dear, but I don't trust you to do this right. Make it look like this."

When I looked through the reference pics, only one showed the buckle, and it was a behind the scenes pic, not a screen grab from the movie. So I wouldn't sweat that. As for the girthbelt, if you loosen the top strap a little, will it sag down at all? If so, you could do that and use Velcro or some other attachment method to hold it up in front??

This makes me realize that I'm gonna have a tough time when I have my wife suit me up for my approval pics next year. I'm gonna have to print out the CRL and hand it to her. "You know I love you dear, but I don't trust you to do this right. Make it look like this."

It’s funny because it’s true. I’m in the same boat.

My personal opinion is that the Diver's belt buckle should never be seen, so I think what you have there is great. Like Fett with his knees upside down in the carbon freezing chamber, I believe any time the buckle is seen is a costume error.

The girth belt straps should be pretty easy to jockey around into position. This makes me realize that I'm gonna have a tough time when I have my wife suit me up for my approval pics next year. I'm gonna have to print out the CRL and hand it to her. "You know I love you dear, but I don't trust you to do this right. Make it look like this."
Exactly. The people who we have help us put on these costumes that we obsess non stop about just don’t have the same obsessiveness that we do over them. I’ll point blank ask my girlfriend do you see anything wrong? And I’ll make her look everywhere and still... something wrong.

Last edited:
I’m approved guys!

BH-91993 reporting in.

I fixed my lower back and I’ll continue to tweak things as I go. I definitely feel like Fett is a never ending project. As soon as I get some cool photos I’ll post them up here. I can’t thank everyone enough for the constant support and ideas for improving my kit. Couldn’t have done it without TDH.
-Zach

Last edited:
I’m approved guys!

BH-91993 reporting in.

I fixed my lower back and I’ll continue to tweak things as I go. I definitely feel like Fett is a never ending project. As soon as I get some cool photos I’ll post them up here. I can’t thank everyone enough for the constant support and ideas for improving my kit. Couldn’t have done it without TDH.
-Zach

Congratulations!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back