General Mid-Budget ESB built

Found some time to do the first weathering layers. Did some small black and a heavy brown wash. ;)

P4201049.JPGP4201050.JPG

How do you go about doing a "fine" blackwash? I've never blackwashed anything but I looks great! Any advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Thank you!

Here´s how I do it:
You take a cup with a little bit of water, put in one or two drops of black acrylic paint. Then take a brush and put some of the water/acrylic mixture on the object. Leave it for some seconds up to half a minute and then wipe the mixture with a paper towel away. This you´ll have to repeat until you got the effect you want to create. Hope this helps? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, very inspiring thread. Been a member since March, found this and ready to start building. Thanks for sharing your info and tips.

southern Indiana
scott

I start with the rocket:

I found an older plastic lint roller in one of my greeblies boxes, which has a slightly bigger diameter than the end-tube of the rocket. It also has a perfect hole, where the screw of the rocket can go through. This lint roller will sit inside the jetpack at the end.
P4251053.JPGP4251054.JPG

Then I cut away the handle. I´ll cut the lint roller tube shorter in the end, so the end-tube of the rocket will slip in till the screw comes out completly.
P4261050.JPGP4261051.JPGP4261052.JPG

Now I used the tube draw a guideline, where to cut the hole for the rocket end-tube. After that I started drilling holes, which I make bigger and bigger, so I can use a dremel to finish the big hole.
P4251056.JPGP4251060.JPG

Sooooooooooo.......

Finished the hole. Now the rocket slips into the jetpack, BUT: I´ll have to sand down the little step. It hurts to do this to the beautiful rocket...
P4261050.JPGP4261052.JPGP4261051.JPGP4261053.JPG

Sanded down the small step. Now it fits like a glove!
P4261053.JPGP4261051.JPGP4261050.JPG

Marked the "front side" with an arrow. ;)

Next will be some work on the inside, to build a base with the lint roller tube, where the screw of the rocket will be fixed.

I have a helmet that I need to fix up and paint, clam shell gauntlets that I need greeblies for, I have a jet pack that I need to paint, I have a chest display, and Wookie braids, and I have the lights for an RF.

Sent from my SM-G920T

Not lazy just no time or money. And not much approval from the wife, but I am doing it anyways. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920T

I know this so well! ;) I´m working 2,5 years on my Boba Fett now... and finally I see the end... (before upgrades start ;) ) But I´m lucky, my wife (she isn´t a Star Wars fan nor interested in costuming) let´s me do what I like.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back