Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

Cool GIF! You always keep this thread interesting.

Thanks man. I try, lol.

Great display dude, I am happy to have played a minuscule part (alco switches) in making it look awesome.

Hey, no detail is too small. Thanks dude.

Where's your awesome carbon freezing chamber base?

I still have it. It's just a little big for the space. I think I got a little too ambitious.

That is STUNNING man!

Thank you!

This thread should be stickied. Just a great build thread chock full of good information and great in process pics. Build always reminds me why I chose ESB if I ever had a doubt.

I feel you about the base being too large, I'm planning to start a base build shortly. It'll be a bit smaller but same idea.

Spectacular...im always blown way by you supa talented scratch build crew...i gotta no talent so i gotta buy or commission everything...Well done

Thank you guys for the compliments. Always appreciated! :cheers

I rarely take photos with a flash but I was messing around with my camera and snapped a couple pics. I think this really gives a different perspective on the colors and the weathering.

IMG_0960_zpsvtudiflj.jpg

IMG_0964_zpsdde35pzp.jpg

Thanks for sharing Matt. Im definately going to use this as a refernce when putting things together. Looks freacken awesome. I can't wait to get to that level.

Thanks for sharing Matt. Im definately going to use this as a refernce when putting things together. Looks freacken awesome. I can't wait to get to that level.

Thank you. The best reference is always the gallery but please feel free to steal any of my ideas, lol.

This build is phenomenal. I'm curious as to why you got new boots? Were the ones you made yourself not 501 approved?

Thanks. I knew my homemade ones would always be temporary. The Mark Chengs are huge improvement but still not completely accurate. I really have no idea about the 501st stuff.

I've been meaning to ask you what you used as the little "ribbon" cables (white, red, white) coming out of the back of the flamethrower on the left gaunt?

I've been meaning to ask you what you used as the little "ribbon" cables (white, red, white) coming out of the back of the flamethrower on the left gaunt?

I cut them out of pvc pipe and heated them to shape. They're attached on one end, like the tines of a fork. I actually have to rebuild the flamethrower because someone broke it apart. My kid was pretty tight lipped about how it happened, lol.

I cut them out of pvc pipe and heated them to shape. They're attached on one end, like the tines of a fork. I actually have to rebuild the flamethrower because someone broke it apart. My kid was pretty tight lipped about how it happened, lol.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Matty, what can I say that hasn't already been said by anyone whose looked at this thread? Aces.

No wonder your Denix accurization was so pro! I knew you were good, but I just read through this whole thread and your JP scratch thread... I guess I didn't know who I was dealing with!

Anyway, thanks for documenting and sharing. Simply outstanding work.

Matty, what can I say that hasn't already been said by anyone whose looked at this thread? Aces.

No wonder your Denix accurization was so pro! I knew you were good, but I just read through this whole thread and your JP scratch thread... I guess I didn't know who I was dealing with!

Anyway, thanks for documenting and sharing. Simply outstanding work.

Thanks man. The Denix is actually almost done. Just a few finishing touches.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back