General RobotZo's ESB build

robotzo

Hunter
I have been working on and off this build for about 6-7 years and never made a build thread, but I figure it is about time. With the arrival of my new Clothears flight suit and flak vest, this is a good time to start. I started with a lot of FP stuff as many of us have but am now in the process of phasing that out for more modern and more accurate pieces. I don't know how I will go about updating this but I will start with a couple of pics of the new flightsuit on the raggedy mannequin I have lol. Also pictured is MinuteFett photogrammetry gauntlets, an FP knee, MOW boots with MachineCraft toe spikes, and an FPH2 bucket that still needs finishing touches to the paintwork.

P91mkOq.jpg

UH8hMdL.jpg

As I slowly start putting all the pieces that I have together, I look forward to any critique and input! With so much great stuff out there and so many great builds, what a time to be a part of this community!

Not a whole lot of progress to report here other than I got the eyelets installed on my flak vest. I am also working on my knees, but I am almost at a standstill. The MF knees I got came with some untapped knee darts, so I am curious to know how other people have gone about attaching the darts to the knees. Also the knees seen in this image are not the MF set, that is a FP set.

aUuSJBC - Imgur.jpg

Not a whole lot of progress to report here other than I got the eyelets installed on my flak vest. I am also working on my knees, but I am almost at a standstill. The MF knees I got came with some untapped knee darts, so I am curious to know how other people have gone about attaching the darts to the knees. Also the knees seen in this image are not the MF set, that is a FP set.

View attachment 240309

You can use cold weld putty to keep the MF knee darts in place, no need to tap them

Painted the collar this weekend and I am a little on the fence about a few things. First off I used Archive X's Weyerhaeuser green and I worry that maybe it's too dark. Second I hit it with a gloss coat but it might be a bit too glossy. I see a lot of people have more of a matte look to their paintjobs but after looking at references I think the armor has some glossiness to it, just not quite the amount I have. Would love to hear some input.

8VY2ZxF.jpg
mbCHq2n.jpg

I see no glossiness in the ESB reference photos, it looks a bit dark, I'd mist some lark light grey and personally, I would not add a gloss coat to anything on ESB

I see no glossiness in the ESB reference photos, it looks a bit dark, I'd mist some lark light grey and personally, I would not add a gloss coat to anything on ESB
These specific images make me think there is a little bit of glossiness to it. I don't believe that a matte finish would capture this much light and reflect so brilliantly. It might not be a high gloss but there is definitely something there in my opinion. I might still hit it with some light great to lighten it up.
Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Hallway-04.jpg
Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-HD-009.png

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-HD-016.png

Matte paint will still have very slight /shine reflection in certain bright lighting, I'm sure that's what you're seeing. I would get rid of the gloss. Keep in mind some of the slight shine can also be from the armor being handled. Example, if you ever seen a matte colored guitar, it has areas that have slight shine from it being used in certain areas.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back