Jango build for a member

I don't make vests. So hopefully another member here who makes very nice vests doesn't mind me posting these pics of one of his, if it will help you with your build...

IMG_7441.JPG IMG_7442.JPG

The flight suit howe did u weather it with bleach mine looks too "new" lol man looks awsome hope mine turns out as good

The flight suit howe did u weather it with bleach mine looks too "new" lol man looks awsome hope mine turns out as good
Thanks it actually came that color because it's a pair of Red Kapp (spelling?) coveralls in postal or postman blue. I'd recommend a bleach wash and then using denim blue rit dye to get something similar, but other members here will recommend other colors to get more of a purple shade.

I used about a 10-1 water to bleach ratio in a spray bottle. I started out testing it on the back of the flightsuit that is under the flak vest until I got it where I wanted it then sprayed the whole thing, let it set for moment then washed it.

I used about a 10-1 water to bleach ratio in a spray bottle. I started out testing it on the back of the flightsuit that is under the flak vest until I got it where I wanted it then sprayed the whole thing, let it set for moment then washed it.

Whats the desired look to be going for? A bleach speckled look? Or something different?

Shouldn't be speckled.........it should just look weathered and lived in.

Basically you don't want the fabric to look like it just came from JoAnn's you want it to look like it has been trudging through the seedy parts of a galaxy far far away.

Shouldn't be speckled.........it should just look weathered and lived in.

Basically you don't want the fabric to look like it just came from JoAnn's you want it to look like it has been trudging through the seedy parts of a galaxy far far away.

And a light bleach spray followed by a wash cycle will give that lived-in look?

Yes basically the bleach starts to breakdown the fabric so it ages it and softens it while taking out some of the color.

A lot of it will depend on the exact fabric. 100% cotton will be affected the most. Polyester blends will be affect less or not at all.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back