UPDATES WITH DVH/Darth Voorhees 2018

So i went to the eye doc yesterday.... and it’s good news. It is NOT wet macular degeneration! What i have is central serous chorioretinopathy....basically a fluid bubble in my retina, usually caused by extreme stress. (we all know where that came from the past couple of months!) It has identical symptoms as the wet macular degeneration, but it DOES go away! It can take 2-3 months, (ugh!) but it WILL go away. Going to have to reduce my stress and make sure I get good rest. Will need a few follow ups to make sure it’s getting smaller and not bigger but it will clear up. My vision is 20/20 in the other eye and otherwise she said my eyes are excellent. Whew!!! that was close!

So for now i still wont be taking on any new painting commissions. We will see once this clears up..i may just decide to not do the painting anymore depending on how well i do with the vac formed stuff. But i am relieved that im not going to lose any more vision in my right eye, and it will clear up in time..... and its gret to know my left eye is actually very good.

This place didnt take my insurance but is one of the better eye docs around so i opted to go to them and had to pay out of pocket, but it was well worth the $225 bucks to know this will go away!

Also this week is like doctor week. The wife needs to go to the doc today for a test and then again on Friday. So i wont be in the shop as much this week but next week i'll be in full swing again.

Im going to try and get everything but the helmets done within the next 2 weeks and then focus only on those last 3 helmets to clear out any backlog....and then I have 3 ROTJ jetpacks for January completion which still should be good for January. Those are litterally the last 3 finished JPs i will be doing. Dec/Jan is usually slow for me so im hoping next year DVH will finally fully come together again. Its been hurdle after hurdle and delay after delay, but im really hoping 2019 will be the year i finally get this going with little to no hiccups!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back