My Custom 6" Carded David Prowse Darth Vader Figure

azheat01

Active Hunter
Hey all, I wanted to quickly share this project. Not much was really needed for this custom, but it's one I've been wanting to do for a while. I was going to use the Return of the Jedi 40th Anniversary figure since the helmet comes off in two pieces, but it would have required some modifications with the lower portion of the helmet, so I just went with a regular Black Series Vader.

I created a new card front and back and then mounted the figure in the existing bubble. I normally try and find a bubble like I did for my Lucas figure, but I just decided to use this one for the sake of ease. I was also going to repaint the hair so it more closely resembled the photo, but decided against it as this was just a quick custom. Anyway, I think it came out ok.

DP 1.jpg

DP 2.jpg

DP 3.jpg

DP 4.jpg

What is the head from?
Really like your custom figure work . Where did you get head for the figure? Was it special order, or custom?
Thank you.

The head is actually just from the 6 inch Rebel Fleet Trooper. Looks close enough and required just a bit of modification to fit on the Vader neck ball. It would look even better with a little paint touch-up to the hair.

Looks great. My only nitpick would be that the figure’s chest box is ANH and the chest box in the photo is from ESB/ROTJ, but that’s just my OCD kicking in.

This thread is more than 2 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back