ToEleven ESB to the GMH for gablesz

I'm planning to post a some progress pics for gablesz GMH.

The GMH kit is currently sold by Skyfire. These kits are nice...I highly recommend.
View attachment 154646

Some progress on trimming, nuts & bolts mounting, visor t-nuts, brackets and MQ-1.
View attachment 154647 View attachment 154649 View attachment 154650 View attachment 154651

Here it is ready to go. I also soften the visor in the oven and then press it in the helmet to give it a tighter fit. Oh and also bondo in the pp2 battle scars.
View attachment 154648
What temp did you set the heat at and how long before it was pliable? I’m starting my GMH and want the visor really tight. Great looking bucket!!

What temp did you set the heat at and how long before it was pliable? I’m starting my GMH and want the visor really tight. Great looking bucket!!

I set the heat around 225-250. I set the visor facedown bridged across a couple maple wood blocks on a cookie sheet. You can use some 2x4 scrap or whatever...i would just cook them in the heat first to make sure they don't leak any sap onto you visor. After maybe 5 minutes i can see the visor start to sag so I just grab it out (with thick leather gloves) and I shove it in the helmet and hold it under cold water from the sink. Be careful handling the helmet without the visor installed...you can get hairline cracks out at the edge of the cutout if you flex it too much.

Sometimes I go back with a heat gun and do the same process. With the heat gun you just need to make sure you don't keep the gun focused on 1 spot or your visor with end up with a hard bend on that spot.

I just finished a big project at work using a bunch of tinted acrylic so i got to take home like 40 visor sized scraps after i cut then to shape i put mine in the oven at 300 for about 5 min then take it out and press it into a big pot with about the same radius as a helmet then let it cool off and vwoloah visor! And hey! Glad to hear someone elses uses the fineline stuff that applicator syringe tip makes life sooo much easier than trying to brush on the fluid! This is awesome work man love it

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back