The Builder ESB Build

Nice! What are you using for the light?

The gauntlet light setup cost less than $10 and was a keychain LED that I found at the grocery store and modified
it along with a battery and switch from a local surplus store. There are some pictures of the parts and the way I fit them in on my first page just after my
original gauntlet pics. It was real easy to do. Compared to the original mini lights the LED is super bright...hope this helps.

WOW! You're work is absolutely outstanding! The attention to detail in the helmet is remarkable. A paint job to be marveled at (and envied;)) for sure!

After some minor work on paint I decided to take some new photos so I'll start posting some here.
DSC_8200.jpg DSC_8201.jpg DSC_8202.jpg

The other day I decided to do the small paint upgrades in the CLR to the right gauntlet.(Red brown dart tips,black rangefinder switch tips, and
red brown light button top.)
As I was working I noticed another way to add the black interior to the clear tube out of the back of the gauntlet. It also would simulate the loose sliding nature of
the clear tube on the black interior wire like in ESB.
As anyone who has followed some of my construction methods knows I tend to build for the "look" rather than absolute movie
accuracy on every construction detail. At any rate you may want to give this some thought.

The first photo shows our large outside tube which has a inside (I.D.) diameter of 9mm(3/8") and
two small tubes with outside diameters (O.D.) of 8mm(5/16"). Found at the hardware store.
The small one slides easily into the large one.
DSC_8702.jpg

I changed the clear to black by poring a slightly thinned black paint inside to coat it.
DSC_8704.jpg

You could then use the black tube as the mounting point into the gauntlet any way you might want to.
These plastic tubes are quite strong. The movie look was similar to this.
DSC_8711.jpg

I simply added the black tube to my current attachment method which is shown eariler on this sight. No sliding tube at this time.
Here's the way ours fits together now.
DSC_8698.jpg DSC_8691.jpg DSC_8722.jpg

Last edited:
As I am painting I tend to try small things to make a more personal statement if it enhances the basic required look we all are trying to achieve.
A couple of cases in point. You might consider trying them.
The first is putting a small touch of Model Master Burnt Metal in the helmet dent. Adding a very subtle bit of color to the silver enhances it I think.
It shows in this photo without being over done.
DSC_8228.jpg
I mentioned before when talking about Rafal Works stencils how the kill stripe stencil must be done by each person to create even divisions between the stripes because
Rafals reflect a curvature of the helmet in the spacing between the stripes. What I didn't talk about was the way the stencils include (which is helpful) the small bits of paint that
protrude, here and there,outside the main lines of the last seven stripes. These were most likely areas of paint bleed under the original mask. When paint does this excess pigment can
pool making these small spots denser in color than the sprayed areas of the stripes. To replicate this effect just spray your stripes then topically add extra color to make the spots of bleed denser.
It's a very small detail but easy to do. Here's my attempt at it.
DSC_8224.jpg

Last edited:
This whole post was fantastic. Really great pics and explanation of your thought process. Do you have a list of what parts you used and from whom or where you got them?

Thanks for the nice comments on our build.
It was over three years ago when we started to put together ESB Boba.My son used TDH Cargo Hold to research the parts.I'm sure you're doing the same.
Checking back the basic help I can give you now is...
Jet pack,Gauntlets,Boots,Cape- Man Of War
Helmet- Fett Pride
Suit,Vest,Neck Seal- Arkady
Guns- Stormrider
Some webbing and hardware- Strapworks
Helmet electronics- Fettinator
Armor,Wookie scalps,and waist belt- Our records show from Robert Howton,Little Rock,AR.Don't know if he's a member making them or just passed them on to us.
Metal parts for the jet pack- Machine Craft
Helmet dry transfers- Superjedi
We made our own molds for the Casio MQ-1 keypad(rather than cut up the original) and the clear piece for the flame thrower(used the MOW part for the mold) and then cast them ourselves.
Gloves- Made them as well
Hope this helps...Some may have changed... If so, you'll find what you need on TDH...Best of luck.

Last edited:
I've been following this thread for a while. Didn't realize you were in the Central Garrison until now . Hopefully we'll cross paths sometime. Awesome Fett you have there! Just finished mine a few weeks back and am waiting on approval.

SupRsloth's ESB Fett Build

Wow.....wow....wowwwwww.... THANK YOU for being the artist that you are! You are truly gifted. Your reference photos are simply stunning. You are a gentleman to have posted them for us. I have learned so much from you already. Wowwwwwww!(y)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back