Superjedi's FPH2 ESB for Covafett

Thanks, guys!
The dome is in work now. I finished up the rear portion this afternoon. This includes the gray and silver damage, as well as the network of fine scratches.
I do these using a combination of silver applied with my 20/0 brush, and a metal scribing tool to physically scratch thru the paint.

IMAG5889_1.jpg

IMAG5888_1.jpg

I'll keep working my way around the dome for the next few days.

Thanks, Matt!
I've been working throughout the week, and it's time to get caught up with pics.
I finished up the area behind the RF ear arch. This includes a few more physical scratches.

IMAG5893_1.jpg

You can peek around the curve of the dome in the above pic to see what I did next--the cat scratch! This is one
of my favorite features on the ESB. Here it is.

IMAG5894_1.jpg

I moved on to the area above and between the turn signals next. I also blocked in the dent.

IMAG5896_1.jpg

I'll work on detailing the dent and the "streak" next. It's coming along nicely.

Thanks, all! Matt. . . you don't have to wait one minute longer. :D
I worked on the dent today. Easily one of the most, if not the most, recognizable feature of Fett's headgear.
It looks kind of odd hanging out there all by itself, but once the killstripes go on, it'll look right at home.
Here's a front view.

IMAG5901_1.jpg

A profile view below.

IMAG5902_1.jpg

Finally, a shot from another angle. It's hard to get good pics of this area because it always seems to catch glare from somewhere.

IMAG5899_1.jpg

Next up is the big scrape across the crown of the dome.

Thanks!
Got the crown of the dome finished up this afternoon. Here are a couple of odd angles.
This thing catches glare from almost every direction, lol!

IMAG5907_1.jpg

IMAG5908_1.jpg

Killstripes will be next.

More and more every day!
How about a little color? Got the killstripes on a few days ago, then I've been catching short sessions throughout
the week to finish up the details on the left side of the dome.

IMAG5915_1.jpg

Here's more of a front angle.

IMAG5917_1.jpg

And one more from the back.

IMAG5916_1.jpg

Now that the dome is finished, it's on to the cheeks.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back