Stolen Fett!!

Not as far as I know. The detectives were pretty tight lipped about how it got to the station. Maybe it's part of a bigger operation?

It's that whole anonymity thing they have to honor. Could have been a relative of the thief who brought it in.

I once had some items stolen from me at my workplace. He didn't get squat since we were all servers in a family run restaurant. However, he did steal a one of a kind coin bag that was gifted to me. It came from Japan, and had Japanese style ferret art on it. It had been brought back to me by a close friend who had gone there the previous summer. It held alot of value to me, though it wasn't worth alot money-wise. It was his mother that contacted the restaurant and told me to come by her home and pick it up. Boy I was pissed about the whole thing. But what do you say to a little old lady who obviously had no control over this stupid idiot and was trying to do the right thing and get it back to me? I simply thanked her. I felt a little sorry for her that she felt the need to clean up this jerk's mess (apparently, he was a real pro at this sort of business.. stealing, getting caught, stealing, getting caught...).

It's quite convoluted when you find out the details sometimes. So, the cops have to be quiet about it. But hey... When it's all said and done, you'll have a few new Boba Fett parts and a thorough once over to fix a few things you probably had in mind to do at some point anyways, and another vehicle once insurance is pacified. Ohh... And get something god awful color-wise. No thief would be caught in a snot green or baby-poop yellow SUV you know!

I bet they thought there were more batteries or magnets behind the lower ear, so pried that off to get to it. So glad the damage is relatively minimal. Hopefully that's the end of it; I'd be paranoid I'd keep finding damage the more I looked at it.

The police found my truck. It's currently sitting in their seized vehicles and impound lot, sans dash, headliner, airbags, and front bumper. Insurance adjuster will be by in the next couple of days to assess the vehicle. Here's hoping it's written off, at this point. 2 weeks in the hands of who knows who?

I bet they thought there were more batteries or magnets behind the lower ear, so pried that off to get to it. So glad the damage is relatively minimal. Hopefully that's the end of it; I'd be paranoid I'd keep finding damage the more I looked at it.

That is starting to happen. I found a wiggly bit at the tip of the helmet mandibles and a chip in the gel coat near there. It's like someone set the helmet down on a table a little too hard. And there's a bit of a dent on the cat scratch, like someone hit a wall corner?
theres also a tear in my left gauntlet, where I Velcro it shut. I had repaired it a while back, but it's opened up again.

Sounds like a strip and ditch job, but you'd think they'd have taken more than that off it before leaving it.
Once again, I don't understand the minds of idiot criminals.
Hope they nail these guys to the wall...

****sake, same thing happened to my flatmate's motorbike. They stripped it of parts and left it to be found. Total writeoff; didn't even look like a bike anymore. Nothing but scum and villainy.

From what im hearing it could have been the work of someone who is homeless, who takes batteries? The neck seal? It has gotten cold and people will take anything to keep warm. Glad to hear you got it back for the most part.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back