Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest

i fixed the wig..this is my final makeup test, their are a few pointers to be changed but i think its looks pretty cool

DSCI1800.jpg

the scars are made from liquid latex & tissue, their stuck to my face with spirt gum & a thin layer of liquid laex roudn the edges to seal them on my face, hurt like a ***** takign them off LMAO!!

i need more expression lines & i need to smudge the red a bit more i think :)

ok, well the smears along the crease around the mouth need to be further out and dude don't cake on so much red lipstick. You're going to want to smear some more under the bottom lip because the joker doesn't exactly keep the lipstick contained to his lips.

Find some bobby-pins and maybe even a shower cap to hide your natural hair and pin the wig a little further up on your forehead. You the the bottom of the wig to be even with you hair line. And style some of the hair on the left side to cover your ear. Here's a tip for this wig: take some vegetable oil and run it through the hair a bit. Joker's hair was actually a blonde that was so greasy it appeared green (this, in reality, does happen) so you want the wig to look greasy too. Not to mention it makes you look more nasty like the Joker.

Finally, this goes to a couple of you guys who've done make-up tests, so out and spend $3 on some eye liner. We can see the lids around your eyes, which looks weird.

Suggestion: Print this 8x10 file of the different views of Joker's face to get an idea of how he applies his make-up (such as where the "smile" ends and if the black eyes go over his eyebrows or not):
make-up.jpg

or a direct link:
make-up.jpg

Place this by your mirror while applying the make-up and scars. It will really help out

Last edited by a moderator:
see i knew it wasnt jus confined to his lips, some one was naggin at me on another borad cus my "smile" was too messy lol..roll on halloween

see i knew it wasnt jus confined to his lips, some one was naggin at me on another borad cus my "smile" was too messy lol..roll on halloween
Yah I didnt even bother posting my makeup test picks. I went with a ton of lipstick to make a dishevled smile that nearly went ear to ear, but I care more for the fun and spectacal than SA. Sa's nifty, but my girlfriend would take major issue If I got upset with her for getting too near my Perfect joker look. I go for Sa for pics thats it. Im getting Scwasted and having a great time no matter what.

ah man ullaandy, I just noticed your part on the wig is on the wrong side too. :C dude, that sux. Maybe try flipping it? but if you styled it to the right it may not work out. sorry man

here, got bored and took the liberty of demonstrating my fix-it tips for your make-up ullaandy. You'll be able to see the creases around your lips better when applying the scars and red lipstick if you smile.
fix.jpg

Eyeliner is vital. Im using a white pencil around my eyes to make them even more dramatic behind all the black and charcoal shadowing.

careful with that approach because whats really weird in the movie is you can see his skin between the black of his eyes and the white of his face often. I've been trying to figure out how he was applying the make-up to make it do that (black first or white?)

first off, i have to say thanks for all your efforts ,everyone, for making such an effort to perfect your joker outfits. i have spent a month reading , and gathering info for my suit , and ordered from kwally, and can't wait to put it all together and post my pics.
secondly,this was a response from another site to the same poly question. i will attempt this tomorrow , but wanted to paste it for all to investigate for yourselves. i hope this helps some of you as you all have helped me...I know it's a bit late but...through experimentation I've found that you CAN dye polyester - it just involves SUPER boiling water. I personally think that's too messy and am not willing to burn myself. So I invented a new way to go about it - and I will prove that polyester CAN be dyed easily and with regular materials you probably have lying around your house somewhere.

You can use whatever dye you want, however I used the RIT - so I can only speak for that brand. Instead of mixing with WATER, you use RUBBING alcohol. (For the record, you CAN use water but the result is MUCH stronger with alcohol.) The ratio is 7:1 - 7 parts alcohol to 1 part dye but you may want to test this to see if it's the strength you want. Now you dip your fabric in PURE alcohol first. You then dip it the dye mixture. Let it sit for a few minutes. Once you're done, the results will be VERY intense - DO NOT RINSE - I promise if you rinse, it will completely wash out the dye, hang to dry. You can use a blow dryer if you're as impatient as I am :p

Once completely dry, the fabric will be kinda stiff. Like a starchy effect. Take your iron and set it on as high as you can go without melting the polyester (you may want to test this onto a scrap of fabric as everyone's irons are different). Iron all of the dyed part. This will partially melt the polyester fibers and force the dye pieces to attach to the fibers themselves. Once it cools, you can wash off the excess color. Hold the material under a hose or faucet or whatever and make sure the water goes from cold to warm slowly. You can control how much of the dye you want to come off this way - the hotter the water, the more dye that will come off. You choose how faint or dark you want the effect.

first off, i have to say thanks for all your efforts ,everyone, for making such an effort to perfect your joker outfits. i have spent a month reading , and gathering info for my suit , and ordered from kwally, and can't wait to put it all together and post my pics.
secondly,this was a response from another site to the same poly question. i will attempt this tomorrow , but wanted to paste it for all to investigate for yourselves. i hope this helps some of you as you all have helped me...I know it's a bit late but...through experimentation I've found that you CAN dye polyester - it just involves SUPER boiling water. I personally think that's too messy and am not willing to burn myself. So I invented a new way to go about it - and I will prove that polyester CAN be dyed easily and with regular materials you probably have lying around your house somewhere.

You can use whatever dye you want, however I used the RIT - so I can only speak for that brand. Instead of mixing with WATER, you use RUBBING alcohol. (For the record, you CAN use water but the result is MUCH stronger with alcohol.) The ratio is 7:1 - 7 parts alcohol to 1 part dye but you may want to test this to see if it's the strength you want. Now you dip your fabric in PURE alcohol first. You then dip it the dye mixture. Let it sit for a few minutes. Once you're done, the results will be VERY intense - DO NOT RINSE - I promise if you rinse, it will completely wash out the dye, hang to dry. You can use a blow dryer if you're as impatient as I am :p

Once completely dry, the fabric will be kinda stiff. Like a starchy effect. Take your iron and set it on as high as you can go without melting the polyester (you may want to test this onto a scrap of fabric as everyone's irons are different). Iron all of the dyed part. This will partially melt the polyester fibers and force the dye pieces to attach to the fibers themselves. Once it cools, you can wash off the excess color. Hold the material under a hose or faucet or whatever and make sure the water goes from cold to warm slowly. You can control how much of the dye you want to come off this way - the hotter the water, the more dye that will come off. You choose how faint or dark you want the effect.

Last laugh...no offence, but I posted the info you "invented" about 4 months ago, on here and on SHH...and I got it off a website where it had been posted on there at least 2 years ago....
Rob

thats what i meant by pasting it ,and that it was a responce from another website..i was trying to to give a concise post and should have put them in quotations,and more emphasis on getting it from that site. but i did state that i had yet to try it myself,and just wanted it out there.i've tried to make sure
that i'm not restating things alredy mentioned on the joker threads but must've
missed yours...no offence,and none taken. bye the way, how did it go?i've got grey polys, that i want to dye purple/navy blue:confusedhttp://www.thedentedhelmet.com/images/smilies/what.gif

LL...no worries...I'm a bit jumpy about people claiming things, ever since someone misrepresented some of my stuff on an eBay account...;)...you gotta excuse us old guys....:)
...and my poly mix pants turned out pretty well with RIT dye...
S6301919.gif

...but then I ruined them, by adding too much navy blue in the second bath...:angry
Rob

here, got bored and took the liberty of demonstrating my fix-it tips for your make-up ullaandy. You'll be able to see the creases around your lips better when applying the scars and red lipstick if you smile.
fix.jpg

LOL, thanks for that ^^ i have managed to re-style the wig to the correct side & it still looks OK i think next step is to grease it up by applying LOADS of gel & hair spray hee hee

my costume is beggining to take shape. i don't think i'll be having the trenchcoat and all that though, so probably like jailhouse joker? this is what i have so far
230831.jpg

i dunno if you guys can tell if the pants are purple, but I just dyed wool pants purple. my only mistake was that the pants shrunk a LITTLE bit, so they're tight around the legs. Sort of fixed it by taking out the polyester shell inside. I'm also gonna see if I can get it altered and lengthened just a tiny bit. I'm also getting the vest made by a friend, from a VOGUE pattern. All in all, I'm getting excited!

careful with that approach because whats really weird in the movie is you can see his skin between the black of his eyes and the white of his face often. I've been trying to figure out how he was applying the make-up to make it do that (black first or white?)
Black first. Otherwise It would ruin the effect you were going for.

Black first. Otherwise It would ruin the effect you were going for.

I did that with my makeup test and ended up smudging the black and white in places (not the good kind of smudge like his, either. just looked like bad make-up application). It's difficult because his black follows the natural creases of his skin and taks out in points at places along the wrinkles, and often connects with the white.
My artist's common sense says "when painting you start with the lightest colors and works up to the darkest" so the white should go and and then the black should overlap at parts when it makes those taks. Take a look:
eyecloseup.jpg

I was refraining from reply but as I finally have another minute... the white is most definately applied first... The issue becomes for those that dont have faces that scrinch up with lines its difficult. Most of the bleed in the black comes from wetting the perfectly round black make up after its applied and then having the person scrinch their eyes up like then did when you applied the white and then shake their head.. .and then have a neutral expression and shake some more. it leaves gaps but will fill the same major lines as the white leaves blank if applied properly.... if that makes sense.

i read somwhere that when applying his makeup, heathewould scrunch all his wrinkle areas then they apply the paint ,hence the squint and frown lines . after applying the black , they sprayed a little water onto his closed eyes and let it dry. the water most likely follows the wrinkle when squinted and trail down. sounds tricky, i know

You're lucky you live someplace other than NYC! I asked a cop about having fake grenades in my coat and he said that if an officer were to see that, they would have to take me down- and keep in mind, these are the ones they sell at the Halloween store.

Well done, dude!

I was refraining from reply but as I finally have another minute... the white is most definately applied first... The issue becomes for those that dont have faces that scrinch up with lines its difficult. Most of the bleed in the black comes from wetting the perfectly round black make up after its applied and then having the person scrinch their eyes up like then did when you applied the white and then shake their head.. .and then have a neutral expression and shake some more. it leaves gaps but will fill the same major lines as the white leaves blank if applied properly.... if that makes sense.

I forget where I read it(I think it was the TDK script book thing), but after the water was sprayed on his eye area, they had him shake his head side to side to get all the random runs and such.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back