Iron's ROTJ WIP

Had me some good fun at the....
ECCC Logo.png

....this past weekend.

Here are some of the pics...
A few guests cancelled from the show, for reasons unknown but the Nite Owls were not among them.
ECCC - Matt with the Nite Owls.jpg

I was sporting my MiCom and I had queued up a line to play to Mercedes Varnado (aka: Koska Reeves). When it was my turn, I started to walk up to them and walked towards Koska whilst pointing at her, I had my Micom play "Look who it is, Jabba was just asking about you, I'll tell him you're still.....breathing." They all cracked up! And I will say that the 20 watt speaker is just what the doctor ordered! It performed beautifully for a con of this size - which drew about 75,000 people I'm told.

Oh and by the way I hired a photographer this time around. It was so nice to NOT to have to pull out my phone and ask complete strangers if they'd take a picture for me. But on with the rest of the pics....
ECCC - Pic 1.jpg

ECCC - Pic 2.jpg

ECCC - Pic 3.jpg

ECCC - Pic 4.jpg

ECCC - Pic 5.jpg

ECCC - Pic 6.jpg

ECCC - Pic 7.jpg

ECCC - Pic 8.jpg

ECCC - Pic 9.jpg

ECCC - Pic 10.jpg

In all honesty, who would win a battle of Boba Fett vs The Predator?

More pics to come.....

Last edited:
Totally Awesome Irongladiator - I have been away for a bit, but it looks like your suit came together (you should be proud of the research and the effort you've put into it).

Also, being able to bond with your daughter while doing it...? I LOVE IT!

I also am slightly jealous that you met Mercedes - I've been a fan of hers for a long time, but that's from Wrestling. When she showed up in Mando, my worlds collided...hahaha!

We have much to talk about; you leapfrogged my build.

Had me some good fun at the....
View attachment 234813
....this past weekend.

Here are some of the pics...
A few guests cancelled from the show, for reasons unknown but the Nite Owls were not among them.
View attachment 234814
I was sporting my MiCom and I had queued up a line to play to Mercedes Varnado (aka: Koska Reeves). When it was my turn, I started to walk up to them and walked towards Koska whilst pointing at her, I had my Micom play "Look who it is, Jabba was just asking about you, I'll tell him you're still.....breathing." They all cracked up! And I will say that the 20 watt speaker is just what the doctor ordered! It performed beautifully for a con of this size - which drew about 75,000 people I'm told.

Oh and by the way I hired a photographer this time around. It was so nice to NOT to have to pull out my phone and ask complete strangers if they'd take a picture for me. But on with the rest of the pics....
View attachment 234815

View attachment 234816

View attachment 234817

View attachment 234818

View attachment 234819

View attachment 234820

View attachment 234821

View attachment 234822

View attachment 234823

View attachment 234824

In all honesty, who would win a battle of Boba Fett vs The Predator?

More pics to come.....
Join the 501st already!!!

Boochman
You came back! Yeah, Mercedes was hella cool! After laughing at my Boba one liner, she came in for a hug.
(y)
Good to see you resurface! Now continue your on with your costume!
;):cool:

Join the 501st already!!!
Krewkid82
It was funny, as I was standing in line waiting for the 501st exhibit sets the 501sts CO walks up to me and remembered me and goes, when are you gonna submit? We talked for a bit and I told him that I plan on doing just that and will submit sometime this summer, after I fix 2 years worth of wear and tear on my suit. Mostly paint damage. Also there I know there is no weight requirement, but I'd like to also lose 30 or so lbs.

I hung around the 501st a bit longer out in front where the exhibit starts and started handing out these to my kiddo fans. (I had about 4 of each toy!) I quickly became popular - hahaha! but it was while supplies lasted.
1678159916994.png

My favorite was handing out a toy to this to a little girl who couldn't have been more than 5 years old, and who seemed a bit scared of me at first but we quickly became friends after I gave her the 8 in plush.
She became talkative towards me and commented on how much she liked my (er.... Sidewinder 's) gun.
:cool:(y)

A few 501st members took notice of my good deed and came by to thank me.

-Iron

Boochman
You came back! Yeah, Mercedes was hella cool! After laughing at my Boba one liner, she came in for a hug.
(y)
Good to see you resurface! Now continue your on with your costume!
;):cool:

Krewkid82
It was funny, as I was standing in line waiting for the 501st exhibit sets the 501sts CO walks up to me and remembered me and goes, when are you gonna submit? We talked for a bit and I told him that I plan on doing just that and will submit sometime this summer, after I fix 2 years worth of wear and tear on my suit. Mostly paint damage. Also there I know there is no weight requirement, but I'd like to also lose 30 or so lbs.

I hung around the 501st a bit longer out in front where the exhibit starts and started handing out these to my kiddo fans. (I had about 4 of each toy!) I quickly became popular - hahaha! but it was while supplies lasted.
View attachment 234859
My favorite was handing out a toy to this to a little girl who couldn't have been more than 5 years old, and who seemed a bit scared of me at first but we quickly became friends after I gave her the 8 in plush.
She became talkative towards me and commented on how much she liked my (er.... Sidewinder 's) gun.
:cool:(y)

A few 501st members took notice of my good deed and came by to thank me.

-Iron
Your already doing what we do down to the toys...if you were here in Texas I would've already had you and your daughter approved and in my garrison!!

Hello there Fellow Fett's,
After pondering this for some time, I made the decision to get a Smoke Kit for the Thrusters on my Boba Maker Jetpack. My Jetpack, still needs to be finished in terms of painting. I've done a bit of searching and came upon a vendor that makes one that seems to fit the bill. I was looking for something low profile while also having the option to emit the smoke wirelessly. The vendor is Spoon Makes. I ordered the kit ($220.00 w/options), and within 5 days it arrived in my mailbox. Here is what that kit looks like....
Spoon Makes CosClouds 2 Kit.jpg

Included was the following:
1) CosClouds 2 Base
2) CosClouds Vaporizer
3) Wireless Fob
4) USB Charging Cable - for the base
5) T-Shaped Splitter (Optional Add-On)
6) Extra Tubing (Optional Add-On)

I was highly impressed by this vendor (whose name is Alina). The kit is manufactured very well and the packaging you could tell was taken with great pride. Also, when I sent her email inquiries, she was fast to respond. And she definitely seemed to know her stuff when it came to producing cosplay smoke.

The things not included were the ingredients to make the smoke. Alina informed me that Vegetable Glycerin and Distilled Water were the way to go. So I went to my local Hobby Lobby and Grocery Store and picked em' up...
Vegetable Glycerin and Distilled Water.jpg

One of the coolest things about this kit was the fact that the Wireless Fob has a spot to where you can wire it to a button....
CosClouds Wireless Fob.jpg

My idea is to get it wired to one of black buttons on the Left Gauntlet...
Black Buttons.jpg

After receiving the kit I was pretty excited and began the install. Since Boba Maker configured the thrusters to be removable via bolt and wing nut, I had to extract the bolt so a hole could be tapped to feed the tube through - which wasn't too difficult...
Boba Maker - Jetpack Thrusters.jpg

I still haven't decided yet on how I plan on fixing the Thrusters to the Jetpack, but it'll most likely be permanent.

I got all the tubes cut to length, and I like the placement of the CosClouds Base unit in the Jetpack. For now, this was merely duck taped to the inside of the Jetpack, a more permanent solution to follow....
CosClouds Installed.jpg

CosClouds Installed - Wide.jpg

And you may see my Machine Craft Replicas Jetpack Thruster Disc Greeblies in the pic above. I had some concerns about the diameter of the hole on the greeblie. I was thinking I may have had bore it out bigger....but thankfully that wasn't the case as the tube is small enough to go right through it....
Machine Craft Replica - Thruster Disc Greeblie.jpg

That being said, I'll need to come up with a solution to address that. My current thought is to 3D design and print out two pieces like this....
Thruster Greeblie - Smoke Attachment.jpg

Then epoxy the piece to the back side of the Machine Craft Replicas Jetpack Thruster Disc Greeblies.

Again, I was pretty excited to see it in action and here is the end result of it....

1682533538366.png
1682533546396.png

Cheers,
-Iron

Last edited:
Another Jetpack update.

On Post #409 I talked about the Smoke Kit I recently purchased for my Boba Maker Jetpack. In the video, I showed my jetpack with the smoke effect. What you don't see is that the Thrusters are simply placed in my jet pack for that video - they are NOT secured in any way. In fact, I had a large pillow at the bottom during filming in case the Thrusters decided to fall off. And so, this is what I'll be focusing on in this post - Securing the Jetpack Thrusters.

When I received the Jetpack from Boba Maker, the Jetpack Thrusters came with a single bolt embedded in the "Thrusters Arm" (I'll call it) center mass with a washer and wing nut for easy installation....
Boba Maker - ROTJ Jetpack - Pic 11.jpg

Being that it has a single bolt that made it so the thrusters could be turned and positioned. However, in order to install my hose (that the smoke goes through) so that it goes through the thruster arm, I had to extract that bolt and re-tap the hole to be a little bigger to accommodate the hose. But since I did that I lost the ability to have the Thrusters securely attached to the Jetpack. So I had to think of a way to get them attached securely. At first I thought epoxy, but I wanted to be able to remove them if need be, for serviceability.

After thinking about it, I thought up a solution - so I took a trip to Home Depot and obtained these items.....
Thruster Hardware.jpg

Using the hardware pictured above, this is what I'll be using to get the Thruster secured on the Jetpack.

I took four of the #6 Bolts and lopped off the heads with my Dremel - in order to create a quantity of four, 2 inch pieces of "Threaded Rod"....
Bolts to Threaded Rod.jpg

I tapped in two new holes in the jetpack's thruster channel where the bolts will feed through....
Jetpack - New Thruster Holes.jpg

I then positioned the thrusters on my jetpack and from the inside, marked where I should tap the holes in my thrusters. Then using my favorite "Plastic Bonder" epoxy from JB Weld, I got the bolts embedded. They are embedded approximately 1 inch into the Thrusters...
Thrusters, Bolts and JB Weld.jpg

The Large Fender Washer is to be used on the inside of the pack for added durability. I had to tap in two holes that lined up correctly with the holes I created....
End Result.jpg

I gotta say, it is pretty satisfying in coming up with a solution that works the way you envisioned it....
Jetpack with Secured Thruster.jpg

Jetpack with both Thrusters attached.jpg

Sure, I lose the capability to turn and position the thrusters by having them mounted in this fashion. But to have smoke trial out of them instead, yeah, I'll trade it for that feature any day!

I'm hoping to get this done in time for....
1 - Washington State SummerCon.jpg

(Which is June 23rd & 24th)

I've still got a little left to paint and also fix the electronics and smoke kit in a more permanent fashion to the the inside of the Jetpack.

More to follow!

Cheers,
-Iron

Last edited:
***Warning....kinda of a large post***

Hello Fellow Fett's!
I finally got my Jetpack 2.0 (by Boba Maker) completed this past week! Just in time for....
1 - Washington State SummerCon.jpg

I was hoping for cooler weather, but had to make do with mid-70's and 80 degree weather.
1687726337123.png

But here is where my Boba Maker Jetpack ended up at. (Big shoutout to ShortFuse for his kickass Jetpack stencils)
Photo Jun 22 2023, 6 31 39 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 22 2023, 6 32 08 PM.jpg

And here is the final resting places of my Light Kit for the Jetpack Beacon and Smoke kit are at....
Photo Jun 22 2023, 6 32 56 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 22 2023, 6 32 37 PM.jpg

How is the smoke engaged you ask?

I soldered the wires onto a board and then onto the button....
Solder the Wires to the Fob Board.jpg

Solder wires to the Push Button.jpg

I had to re-modify my Flamethrower Housing to accommodate the battery packs and Wireless Fob. But it wasn't that hard to do....
Inside of Flame Thrower Housing - Diagram.jpg

I still have yet to get the little piece 3D printed so that I can attach the smoke hose to it for the Thruster Greeblie. So if were to lean over to look up my thrusters, you'd see the hose. I'm looking for a way so that I can pull the Thruster Greeblies off again easily if needed for serviceability. More to come on that. All in all, I'm very pleased in how this came out, and it was a hit at Summercon too!

Concerning the weight of the Jetpacks. On the left is my Boba Maker Jetpack and on the right is my older Coz3D Jetpack for size comparison once again...
Size Comparison.jpg

The weight of my Coz3D Jetpack, which is a 3D Printed Pack....
Coz3D Jetpack.jpg

And compared to my Boba Maker Jetpack....
Boba Maker Jetpack.jpg

(Only a gain of 1 pound and 12 ounces - for something that is bigger and has more stuff in it electronics wise)
To be honest I didn't feel any difference when they were both on me.

And here are some cool pics while at the SummerCon.....
Boba and an Imperial Probe Droid.jpg

Boba and his Tauntaun.jpg

Boba with IG-11 and a Blurrg.jpg

Showdow of Boba.jpg

Boba and Fennic.jpg

Boba and Tu'liri.jpg

I was able to even meet up with my dad!
Boba and Jango.jpg

And of course, I had my kid with me!
Boba and Boushh.jpg

And last but not least we got in on a photo op with the awesome Giancarlo Esposito! (Also pictured is a buddy rocking his Din Djarin costume and his wife). It was so cool that he agreed to hold my daughters Thermal Dentonator for the pic!
Giancarlo Esposito - Photo Op.JPG

Great times were had.....but I tell ya after 3 hours of being in the costume.....I had to get out of it Haha!

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
Over the summer I had my buddy create an Orange Tip for my Sindewinder ROTJ EE-3. Attached is that .stl file if anyone is interested. I epoxied a rare earth magnet in the orange tip so that the Orange Tip can be installed and removed from my EE-3 with ease. I also took a piece of round metal (like a washer), painted it black and put a hole in the center for looks and epoxied that into the barrel of the EE3. This way when people wants pics at conventions I can remove it easily (I then put it in my Ammo Belt Pouch). I know nothing about 3D printing - but if there are any questions I can ask my buddy and get his input for clarification(s).

Photo Feb 21 2023, 6 00 50 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 21 2023, 6 01 26 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 21 2023, 6 07 12 PM.jpg

-Iron

Attachments

• Iron's-EE3-Plug.stl
    328.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back