Iron's ROTJ WIP

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I totally forgot to post pics of me at Pax West last weekend.....

Pickachu and Boba.jpg

Rey and Boba.jpg

Boba at Pax West.jpg

Freddy and Boba.jpg

And lastly GameStop stopped me to do a quick interview - I used my MiCom 2.0 to answer his questions...

1694278736523.png

It was fun, but after watching it, I'm of the thinking that I may need a balaclava to cover up that neck skin. I'm fielding any suggestions on that, if anyone has any.
1694278822692.png

Also, it was pretty sad to hear that MiCom is no longer being sold. I bought mine last summer (2022) and absolutely love it. But early this year they announced that they will be closing up shop. I know folks can make their own using Battlefront II sound clips. But I thought this was pretty unique and the kit installed very easy in my left gauntlet.

Cheers,
-Iron

Hello my fellow Fetts,
I do hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and didn't fill up on Turkey too much that the flight suit either is too snug or doesn't zip up fully.
1701708576698.png

Just a few updates...
First, a very minor one, Since I've fixed my thrusters to my Jet Pack I never did like how the metal washer was up against the fiberglass. When Boba Maker sends out his JP's it has washers included for the Jet Pack's thrusters. Which has a rubberized backing to them. I've always kinda liked that added feature...
Boba Maker's - Washers for the JP Thrusters.jpg

So I got some thin black hobby foam, trimmed out the size and fixed it via epoxy. Which I think I like this better than the idea of bare metal being pressed against the fiberglass...
Iron's JP Thruster Washers.jpg

In addition, I also added in a 2nd Vaporizer to the smoke kit for additional smoke - one vaporizer per thruster. Before I had used a T shaped splitter to share the smoke with both thrusters. The name of the smoke kit vendor again is "Spoon Makes". Her kits make it so you can add up to three vaporizers if needed. She also had a nifty mount that fit perfectly in Boba Makers Jet Pack. I trimmed the mount a little - got it epoxied in place and trimmed out a small temporary piece of plexiglass that I held underneath as I added in hot glue to the back side making it very solid!
Adding in 2nd Vaporizer.jpg

I'm one of those who believes in being somewhat neat and tidy so I took a bit of extra effort in getting the smoke lines secured and out of the way. And yes those extra wires from the light beacon drives me crazy. Later, I'll trim those down and get em' re-soldered.

I also wanted to add in another cool idea I was pondering. Which I thought may make for some super cool photo ops. The idea? Well in ROTJ during the Sail Barge scene right before Boba is laughably launched into the Sarlacc Pit. We see Boba engage his Right Gauntlet in an attempt to ensnare Luke Skywalker with his grappling hook....
ROTJ  - Boba Fett - Grappling Hook.gif

Something that we see again in The Mandalorian Season 2 Episode 8 "The Rescue"....
The Mandalorian - Boba Fett - Grappling Hook.gif

Now in ROTJ we never see what the ending hook looks like. So I went searching for a replica hook and the closest I found was a vendor on Etsy that offers a metal hook for Jango's Gauntlet. Which looks real good in my honest opinion. Here is a pic I found in the Jango Fett Media Page on TDH...
Grappling Hook - Pic 4.jpg

And here is that Grappling Hook from the Vendor on Etsy....
Grappling Hook - Pic 1.jpg

Again, I thought it was a very good likeness and replica. Plus, I like that Kamino feel it had about it too - like the "Kamino Saberdart". After speaking with the Vendor about my idea I had asked if he could tap a hole so I could epoxy a rope into it. And he said no problem, and actually did one better. He threaded it and gave me a screw with a hole. The idea being....
Thinkbox - Jango Fett Grappling Hook Re-Imagined.jpg

And here is what I got....
Thinkbox Mfg's Kit.jpg

The way the rope looked like to me in ROTJ was a white rope - so I got 3/16 in by 50 Feet of white nylon rope at Home Depot....
1 - White Rope.jpg

Which I was able to insert into the provided bolt and then burned the end so it would fatten up a bit so it couldn't be pulled back out....
Rope on fire.jpg

Which makes this nice in the event that the rope ever needs to be replaced due to being frayed or damaged. And here is what it looks like size wise in my hand....
Size.jpg

Also I knew 50 feet would be too much rope so I cut it down to 25 feet. And that leads us to the question of "How did you mount it on your Gauntlet?" And for this I had to think about what I wanted to do. But in the end I wanted to stay kinda true to ROTJ which if you look closely shows the rope coming out from under that section of the Gauntlet. As opposed to the Mandalorian shows it coming out of the little hole in that section....
Boba Fett - Where the rope comes out - Comparison.jpg

So the idea was to make it appear like in ROTJ, kinda like this....
Photo Oct 03 2023, 11 48 58 AM.jpg

So how did I accomplish that? I actually used a Gorilla Super Glue Cap...
2 - Super Glue.jpg

Using my sander I got it shaved in half and then used my Dremel to come after it to put in some rare earth magnets...
3 - Sanding Cap.jpg

6 - Dremel notch for magnet.jpg

8 - Ensuring magnet fits.jpg

I then painted the superglue cap the same as my Gauntlet Color....
Painted Super Glue Cap.jpg

I then used epoxy for the magnets...
Photo Oct 22 2023, 2 45 40 PM.jpg

Then on the lower clamshell of my Boba Maker Gauntlets I put my rope greeblie in place and placed the magnets. Once I had them right where I wanted them I layed epoxy over the magnets....
Photo Oct 22 2023, 5 14 55 PM.jpg

I only got to use it once at a small con I went to that weekend. And on Spider-Man no less!
Webbing up Spidey.jpg

This shot alone with the characters not being fully in frame (Wish the person taking the pic woulda backed up more) made me rethink the length of my rope and I knocked off 5 feet, so now it is 20 feet of rope.

Look for more pics in the future of me using my Grappling Hook!

I have a few more things to share, but I thinks that's enough to digest for now.

Cheers,
-Iron

Last edited:
Hello my fellow Fetts,
I do hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and didn't fill up on Turkey too much that the flight suit either is too snug or doesn't zip up fully.
View attachment 239977

Just a few updates...
First, a very minor one, Since I've fixed my thrusters to my Jet Pack I never did like how the metal washer was up against the fiberglass. When Boba Maker sends out his JP's it has washers included for the Jet Pack's thrusters. Which has a rubberized backing to them. I've always kinda liked that added feature...
View attachment 239978

So I got some thin black hobby foam, trimmed out the size and fixed it via epoxy. Which I think I like this better than the idea of bare metal being pressed against the fiberglass...
View attachment 239980

In addition, I also added in a 2nd Vaporizer to the smoke kit for additional smoke - one vaporizer per thruster. Before I had used a T shaped splitter to share the smoke with both thrusters. The name of the smoke kit vendor again is "Spoon Makes". Her kits make it so you can add up to three vaporizers if needed. She also had a nifty mount that fit perfectly in Boba Makers Jet Pack. I trimmed the mount a little - got it epoxied in place and trimmed out a small temporary piece of plexiglass that I held underneath as I added in hot glue to the back side making it very solid!
View attachment 239981

I'm one of those who believes in being somewhat neat and tidy so I took a bit of extra effort in getting the smoke lines secured and out of the way. And yes those extra wires from the light beacon drives me crazy. Later, I'll trim those down and get em' re-soldered.

I also wanted to add in another cool idea I was pondering. Which I thought may make for some super cool photo ops. The idea? Well in ROTJ during the Sail Barge scene right before Boba is laughably launched into the Sarlacc Pit. We see Boba engage his Right Gauntlet in an attempt to ensnare Luke Skywalker with his grappling hook....
View attachment 239982

Something that we see again in The Mandalorian Season 2 Episode 8 "The Rescue"....
View attachment 239983

Now in ROTJ we never see what the ending hook looks like. So I went searching for a replica hook and the closest I found was a vendor on Etsy that offers a metal hook for Jango's Gauntlet. Which looks real good in my honest opinion. Here is a pic I found in the Jango Fett Media Page on TDH...
View attachment 239984

And here is that Grappling Hook from the Vendor on Etsy....
View attachment 239985

Again, I thought it was a very good likeness and replica. Plus, I like that Kamino feel it had about it too - like the "Kamino Saberdart". After speaking with the Vendor about my idea I had asked if he could tap a hole so I could epoxy a rope into it. And he said no problem, and actually did one better. He threaded it and gave me a screw with a hole. The idea being....
View attachment 239986

And here is what I got....
View attachment 239987

The way the rope looked like to me in ROTJ was a white rope - so I got 3/16 in by 50 Feet of white nylon rope at Home Depot....
View attachment 239992

Which I was able to insert into the provided bolt and then burned the end so it would fatten up a bit so it couldn't be pulled back out....
View attachment 239989

Which makes this nice in the event that the rope ever needs to be replaced due to being frayed or damaged. And here is what it looks like size wise in my hand....
View attachment 239990

Also I knew 50 feet would be too much rope so I cut it down to 25 feet. And that leads us to the question of "How did you mount it on your Gauntlet?" And for this I had to think about what I wanted to do. But in the end I wanted to stay kinda true to ROTJ which if you look closely shows the rope coming out from under that section of the Gauntlet. As opposed to the Mandalorian shows it coming out of the little hole in that section....
View attachment 239991

So the idea was to make it appear like in ROTJ, kinda like this....
View attachment 240001

So how did I accomplish that? I actually used a Gorilla Super Glue Cap...
View attachment 239993
Using my sander I got it shaved in half and then used my Dremel to come after it to put in some rare earth magnets...
View attachment 239994
View attachment 239995
View attachment 239996

I then painted the superglue cap the same as my Gauntlet Color....
View attachment 239997

I then used epoxy for the magnets...
View attachment 239998

Then on the lower clamshell of my Boba Maker Gauntlets I put my rope greeblie in place and placed the magnets. Once I had them right where I wanted them I layed epoxy over the magnets....
View attachment 239999

I only got to use it once at a small con I went to that weekend. And on Spider-Man no less!
View attachment 240000

This shot alone with the characters not being fully in frame (Wish the person taking the pic woulda backed up more) made me rethink the length of my rope and I knocked off 5 feet, so now it is 20 feet of rope.

Look for more pics in the future of me using my Grappling Hook!

I have a few more things to share, but I thinks that's enough to digest for now.

Cheers,
-Iron
Love the spidy photo lol

Hey there fellow Fetts,
Its been a few moons. Just been really busy as I juggle a new job. I'm a Sales Engineer for a telecom company and I was laid off January 5th, 2024. But knowing that I'm pretty good at my job it only took me two weeks to find work again. Just been onboarding and learning my new company's process and procedures. But enough of that. I wanted to share a small upgrade I did recently. And those are the Knee Launchers. As many of you know I have Boba Maker's armor kit. And I was lucky enough to get in on BM's Metal Knee Launcher offering as his Knee Launchers he offers today are now made out of resin...
1713973004875.png

While I appreciated and loved the fact that they were made out of metal when I compared them to the 501st's CRL reference pic, they lacked that "Ribbed" section....
1713973662969.png

When pouring over the other reference photos, it certainly looked like the stunt version and pre-production photos had it. But has been very hard to tell if the hero had it. I think many people know of the vendor Machine Craft Replica's and how insanely meticulous he is at replicating the original pieces. And so, I picked up one of his sets - which has that "Ribbed" section....
1713974022643.png

However once I got them I notice they were a might too long for the Boba Maker Knee Armor...
BM vs MCR Before - Pic 1.jpg

Now I know that the Knee Armor had holes large enough to put the piece through it - though it is kind of a mystery how they actually attached. only think I could think of is hot gluing the holy heck on the inside. But I just liked how Boba Maker's simply bolted on and wanted a way to replicate that experience. And so I took them to an aerospace machine shop to have them trimmed. Results in my eyes were fantastic! They are now only slightly larger than BM's Knee Launchers...
Photo Nov 28 2023, 7 11 28 PM.jpg

The attachment method was also replicated - somewhat. Meaning, that rather than screw the bolt from inside the armor I dropped a Phillips head bolt inside the knee launcher and the nut holding it in place is on the inside part of the Knee Armor....
Photo Nov 30 2023, 8 31 33 AM.jpg

And they look great....!
Photo Nov 30 2023, 8 43 12 AM.jpg

(I hadn't painted them just yet)

And lastly for this update. Well I finally went ahead and did it. As a few of you know I made another Star Wars cosplay - a ROTJ Scout Trooper! Took roughly a year in research of vendors and pieces and was by far a way easier of a build than my Fett. I debut'd it and took it out to ECCC this year. The reception I got was that I did a great job on this build from regular con-go'ers, to the folks over at the 501st.
AT-AT Driver, Scout Trooper and Moff Gideon.jpg

Photo Mar 02 2024, 12 25 41 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 02 2024, 12 48 06 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 02 2024, 12 57 25 PM.jpg

(The Kenner Fett is good peeps by the way!) - (CoreGeek - Instagram)

Photo Mar 02 2024, 1 57 10 PM.jpg

In fact, the 501st's CO who knows of me as Fett always says to me - and said it again at ECCC "You just need to submit already". And I think a few members on here think the same - hehehe! And so this past weekend I did just that with my Scout Trooper! And low and behold the GML granted me entrance into the 501st.

Say "Hello" to TB-63175!
:cool:(y)

And just like Maverick...
Maverick - A Little Push.gif

I thought, why the hell not? And 24 hours later submitted my ROTJ Boba Fett - I was thinking ok, I know there's a few things I'll need to address, but I'll let them tell me what that is. And so.....it was a huge surprise to me that I slid in "as is"! And so, I'm also BH-63175! Two costumes approved over the course of a weekend - not too bad, eh? I'm currently undergoing the onboarding process into Garrison Titan - and am scheduled for two troops in May already! Good to be part of the 501st and get out there on some official troops now!

Cheers,
-Iron
TB/BH-63175

Hey there fellow Fetts,
Its been a few moons. Just been really busy as I juggle a new job. I'm a Sales Engineer for a telecom company and I was laid off January 5th, 2024. But knowing that I'm pretty good at my job it only took me two weeks to find work again. Just been onboarding and learning my new company's process and procedures. But enough of that. I wanted to share a small upgrade I did recently. And those are the Knee Launchers. As many of you know I have Boba Maker's armor kit. And I was lucky enough to get in on BM's Metal Knee Launcher offering as his Knee Launchers he offers today are now made out of resin...
View attachment 241871

While I appreciated and loved the fact that they were made out of metal when I compared them to the 501st's CRL reference pic, they lacked that "Ribbed" section....
View attachment 241873
When pouring over the other reference photos, it certainly looked like the stunt version and pre-production photos had it. But has been very hard to tell if the hero had it. I think many people know of the vendor Machine Craft Replica's and how insanely meticulous he is at replicating the original pieces. And so, I picked up one of his sets - which has that "Ribbed" section....
View attachment 241874

However once I got them I notice they were a might too long for the Boba Maker Knee Armor...
View attachment 241875

Now I know that the Knee Armor had holes large enough to put the piece through it - though it is kind of a mystery how they actually attached. only think I could think of is hot gluing the holy heck on the inside. But I just liked how Boba Maker's simply bolted on and wanted a way to replicate that experience. And so I took them to an aerospace machine shop to have them trimmed. Results in my eyes were fantastic! They are now only slightly larger than BM's Knee Launchers...
View attachment 241876

The attachment method was also replicated - somewhat. Meaning, that rather than screw the bolt from inside the armor I dropped a Phillips head bolt inside the knee launcher and the nut holding it in place is on the inside part of the Knee Armor....
View attachment 241877

And they look great....!
View attachment 241878
(I hadn't painted them just yet)

And lastly for this update. Well I finally went ahead and did it. As a few of you know I made another Star Wars cosplay - a ROTJ Scout Trooper! Took roughly a year in research of vendors and pieces and was by far a way easier of a build than my Fett. I debut'd it and took it out to ECCC this year. The reception I got was that I did a great job on this build from regular con-go'ers, to the folks over at the 501st.
View attachment 241879
View attachment 241880
View attachment 241881
View attachment 241882
(The Kenner Fett is good peeps by the way!) - (CoreGeek - Instagram)

View attachment 241883

In fact, the 501st's CO who knows of me as Fett always says to me - and said it again at ECCC "You just need to submit already". And I think a few members on here think the same - hehehe! And so this past weekend I did just that with my Scout Trooper! And low and behold the GML granted me entrance into the 501st.

Say "Hello" to TB-63175!
:cool:(y)

And just like Maverick...
View attachment 241884
I thought, why the hell not? And 24 hours later submitted my ROTJ Boba Fett - I was thinking ok, I know there's a few things I'll need to address, but I'll let them tell me what that is. And so.....it was a huge surprise to me that I slid in "as is"! And so, I'm also BH-63175! Two costumes approved over the course of a weekend - not too bad, eh? I'm currently undergoing the onboarding process into Garrison Titan - and am scheduled for two troops in May already! Good to be part of the 501st and get out there on some official troops now!

Cheers,
-Iron
TB/BH-63175
You finally joined the ranks as a fett!! Congratulations Iron!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back