Brokk's Pre-Pro 2 Build (WiP)

I really love the blue suit! When I started my PP2 build, I dyed the flight suit four different times trying to get just the right color. I think mine ended up very close to yours with maybe a tad more grey. Love both colors and the contrast that dark blue presents against the rest of the suit! It also makes it stand out among the other Fetts (or it will once I get it finished :) )

Thank you, ya I'll never dye another suit again. Im still not fully satisfied with this hue but it's on the right track. I feel it'll lighten more as its washed, and I've also considered leaving it in the sun for hour intervals to see if UV rays lighten it as well. Then using the RIT color fix to try and keep it where it's at

--
Man, Fett 4 Real killed that paint up on the jetpack, unreal.

He for sure did, there's a spot above the piano key shelf where masking tape didn't cover in the reference- got that on there too, probably my fav pack detail

This past weekend, got the cod & kidney connected w/ thong. Armor is still on with clutch backs as I play with placement. Overall I'm pleased with the aesthetic.

However, I desperately need to taper the vest around my abdominal region.

Further, modded my stand in cape to sit butt cheek level as per the refs...

20220717_163447.jpg
20220717_163631.jpg
20220717_163538.jpg
20220717_163552.jpg

Laid down grommets on the vest today, this is fairly intimidating part of the process for people but this is my fist time doing this and it was easy. However, I haven't attachedthe armor yet, which I'll do later.

Tools and process to follow.

20220731_194540.jpg

Tools I used, fabric scissors, hole punch, pen, clutch backs, grommets w/ hammer & anvil.

Once the armor is fitted to the vest how you want it, I circled the rear portion of the fabric around the edge of the clutch backs.

20220731_180905.jpg

20220731_180917.jpg

20220731_181731.jpg

Then took pen and drew x's for my 'star cut'. Create a pilot hole to pierce the fabric to get your scissors through. Cut on the inner lines, not exceeding the circumference of the circle edge.

Installing the grommet is pretty straightforward with a grommet anvil and hammer.

Will continue with the prep for the plastic screws to the armor underside later.

Laid down grommets on the vest today, this is fairly intimidating part of the process for people but this is my fist time doing this and it was easy. However, I haven't attachedthe armor yet, which I'll do later.

Tools and process to follow.

View attachment 226530

Tools I used, fabric scissors, hole punch, pen, clutch backs, grommets w/ hammer & anvil.

Once the armor is fitted to the vest how you want it, I circled the rear portion of the fabric around the edge of the clutch backs.

View attachment 226532
View attachment 226534
View attachment 226531

Then took pen and drew x's for my 'star cut'. Create a pilot hole to pierce the fabric to get your scissors through. Cut on the inner lines, not exceeding the circumference of the circle edge.

Installing the grommet is pretty straightforward with a grommet anvil and hammer.

Will continue with the prep for the plastic screws to the armor underside later.
This is just what I needed to see! I’ll be doing this soon with how easy you made it look!

This is just what I needed to see! I’ll be doing this soon with how easy you made it look!

Glad it helped, jbdubz suggested this method to me, it takes a lot of the anxiety away
----
Armor is on.
20220801_114126.jpg

One of the details attempted was the under fabric lip on the lower edge of the vest. I shaped it with my fingers best I could and used safety pins to hold in place. Once the grommets are installed, it keeps the lip from riding back up. It's not perfect but it's there.
20220801_115907.jpg
Screenshot_20220801-120242_Drive.jpg

Did a test fit today to see how the armor sat, really pleased with it. Noticed after the fact my belt bags are flip flopped.

Tried some of the iconic PP2 poses of course. Left gauntlet closed with a rubber band.
20220801_152856.jpg
20220801_153035.jpg
20220801_153014.jpg
20220801_152652.jpg

Next I need to paint up the pp2 shin tools, darken glove patches, more left gauntlet work, weather flak vest, and set up the mounting for the gauntlet tube.

Hi all

Over a year since last post up, went through some build depression but I've recently gotten the tick to work on it.

Been tackling the gauntlet hoses. Starting with the connections, it's obvious they feed not into the sleeve, but through the inside back plate. Okey cool, how can I simplify this for trooping purpose? I asked myself...

I found some old parts, which I assume are amp testers for car batteries. Adhered them to the inside plate and feed the black tubes into them.
20231015_140350.jpg

Moving on...

The left arm has 2, banded together with grey duct tape -- the roll I had in the garage was dry old, and very flakey. Didn't want to use it. So I'll get a new roll and do it next time.

Very happy with how things look.
20231022_173106(1).jpg
20231022_172346(1).jpg
20231022_172512.jpg
20231022_173249.jpg
20231022_173304.jpg

I've also been fading the flight suit. It was dyed too dark than I'd like post thigh pocket correction. I've used a combo of UV sunlight exposure and wash cycles through this past summer.

20231022_165930.jpg

Short little clip of the suit. There's still a few things I need to touch up on, such as the cord connection to the right gauntlet. As you can see, it fell out. I plan to use a magnet set up to keep it in place. Additionally, I do hope the weather the flak vest soon and E6000 the screws on the toe spikes going into the material of the boots to insure they don't go anywhere. Also weathering wise, I need to mist the grey onto the right gauntlet, & mist the right hose towards the base.

Above, you may notice my neck seal is loosely fitted on -- I did this to sorta elude to the look on the model, where it appears his neckseal isn't fully closed, or it's just messy.

1698283511585.png

As far as upgrade parts go, new gloves are in pipeline that will better match the look I'm trying to achieve.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back