4faf8f2a97eae3470603a3ec70f25358.jpg

b48cdfa7eaaf69f706089c4021f97b43.jpg

7b7f656032264a6d413c3892b7f6f740.jpg

a4a7c9a8e9e6e2030c2092e4677f2cee.jpg

4a08333f280e1044dd33276c55830416.jpg

And the silver is down!

54e74cc617b94a8ada63fbdf288d2e34.jpg

Moving along steadily now...

Whoops! Looks like I forgot to remove the incorrect masking near the dent! Good thing I posted these to reflect before I moved on! Haha off to fix that...

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, you're back panels came out great. You're right that perfect mix of blue in your grey green is hard to get to, and then it changes with the lighting! Enjoying your thread, I'm gonna give the layered approach a go on my next bucket see if I can mask worth a dang!

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Looking great!! How do you get your mask so thick? If it's not multiple applications, what brand are you using?

Peeling that masking off will be like opening a present at Christmas...can't wait :popcorn

Never a truer statement! I'll try to get my peeling process on a bit of video, since most of my friends have mistaken the masking for purple paint. Lol
I think I've had to clarify over 12 times that it's not paint but masking fluid... but I still get blank stares. I guess they gotta see it to understand the backwards method of painting this way. :p

Looking great!! How do you get your mask so thick? If it's not multiple applications, what brand are you using?

It's a combination of an accident and multiple applications actually. I left the open bottle of Humbrol maskol under my studio lamp and it ended up curing it slightly and changing the whole viscosity of the bottle. It actually helps in getting more accurate globs that don't run and isn't too thin to work with. Sticks better to the toothpick too, much more control. If there was a part that I thought would be too thin and a pain to demask, I would just dab a couple more drops here and there so that I make a lip that I know I will be able to grasp. Also, I mask all the damage on top of each other masked layer so that's why it ends up caked on top so thick. The maskol is such a sturdy product that I've never had a problem removing all the layers over each other. The hardest part is the scratches (which I honestly should be scratching in anyway) but I like the effect it gives.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back