Will Friedrichs, RKD, is now one with the Force. Rest In Peace, Brother.

jbdubz

Active Hunter
Yesterday our community lost an amazing contributor, an exceptional artist, and a good friend to all who knew him. Will Friedrichs, to most better known as RKD and the artist behind Imperial Outpost Armory, became one with the Force after an extensive and selfless battle with the true darkside of our time, the evil C. Through his struggles, Will continued to put out top of the line Fett armor, gauntlets and the most accurate ESB flamethrower to date, amongst his strife (almost in spite of), knowing that the end could be near. Yet he never faltered, all the way til the end, he always exerted the epitome of customer service and gave everything he had to help others in our community realize their costuming dreams. We should all take note. He was a kind, humble, generous and overall awesome human being that I am truly proud to call my brother. Aside from his friendship, his contributions to the community will be sorely missed and our loss will be felt for generations to come. May he rest in peace and his legacy live on through anyone who is lucky enough to wear his pieces. Such a great individual, taken from us far too soon. Will, saying you will be missed is an understatement.

Buckets off, everyone.

Here's to you RedKraytDragon! Until we meet again...

Woefully,
jbdubz

Jeremy,

Eloquent and beautifully put.....

I've known Will a long time, he and I not only shared a love of Fett, but we had common ground as people. He is truly one of the most genuine people I know....... I helped (and badgered him) about Fett, we spent many an evening going over photos and figuring out how he can improve what he did...... and he got it pretty close.

Besides being a perfectionist, he is a genuinely amazing guy.

Will, you will always be my brother (not a term I throw around) and your spirit will always be with me even though the loss will always be felt.

I barely knew he was going thru this battle. Jdubz couldn't have said it better. He went out of his way for customer service and was a genuine good human being. Really sucks to hear about this loss, and the world was a better place with him in it.

I had no idea he was ill because he kept on pumping out the good stuff; what a champ.
A sore loss just happened right here.

RIP, Will helped me get back into the hobby, I joined 7 years ago, not just to this site but to the whole fett community and had left it for a few years after losing a lot of money. I had told him about my story after buying a set of armor from him, thanking him for such a positive transaction and he offered to help me complete some things that had been ditched, he just wanted to help and though I asked him to cover it, he told me just to donate the funds. Thank you for all of the help and support and for often times standing up for those who couldn't.

Will was always an absolute pleasure to deal with, and his products were always top quality. He will be sorely missed for sure, I've followed his threads since I first started costume building 4 years ago, and I will proudly troop parts that he built on my costumes.

I am at a loss for the right words right now.... Being one of the few who knew about his illness, i knew this was inevitable, but no amount of preparing yourself is enough. Will was one of the nicest, coolest people i ever met. We spoke on the regular and he was always there to talk about armor and everything else. As a fellow armor /prop maker we were always supportive of each other, as it should be. We helped each other with our designs and techniques. We also talked about life, and movies and everything in between. Will, you were an amazing soul, one of the most genuine people i ever met. Also one of the strongest people i ever met..he fought until the very very end. I will always admire that and can only hope i can be as strong as you were through anything i may have to face. You will be SO missed Will...more than you probably know. Everything i do that has to do with Fett armor from now on will have a piece of your courage, drive and spirit going into it. Rest easy my friend. I will see you on the other side.

Received news of this a bit ago...So very sorry to hear this. As stated above, RKD was a pleasure to deal with and One of the very few true talents of the craft. RIP to our fellow brother...MFBY

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back