Will Friedrichs, RKD, is now one with the Force. Rest In Peace, Brother.

A big shock for me.. as a more than satisfied customer. Can't imagine the feelings of the people who where near to him. My condolences to his family. RIP Will

I am saddened by this news. This was a big loss for the community. One thing is for certain... he will live on in my costume. My knees, back armor, kidney and cod, and gauntlets are all RKD's.

When he said that he was not taking any more orders, I felt for him, but didn't realize it was goodbye. He made sure everyone was taken care of first, which to me speaks volumes for his character. I still can't believe he is gone.

As a recent customer of RKD it's now apparent that he worked on my armor while sick. I received my armor shortly before him announcing he would be taking a break from armor making. I think it speaks to how much he loved the community and doing what he did. He was incredibly helpful to me even in topics unrelated to armor. He was incredibly nice always. I can't wait to get my armor approved so I can represent him at troops for years to come. It's quite amazing the legacy he will leave with so many fetts.

I have just read that his funeral is going to be on the 28th, would anyone stateside and preferably local to RKD be willing to arrange some flowers from all at TDH . I am over here in the U.K. And would be more than willing to contribute something financially as I had numerous contacts with Will and a lot of respect for him and his work

I had very minimal contact with Will but just as others have mentioned he was a great person to work with. I know it's been shocking to many and myself included but may he rest in peace and no longer have to fight with the struggles that he was having. I would be willing to chip in on a flower arrangement for him or possibly set something up depending on where he was located.

Wow. What a tragic loss for his immediate family and his Fett family here on TDH. Even though I only purchased one set of armor from him, we did have many conversations. I always considered Will a staple here at TDH. He was extremely helpful and seriously had the best customer service.

My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends. Rest in peace Will, RKD, BH-6566

-Cameron BH-77377

I never knew him... I don't think we even chatted online more than 2-3 times. But he was a constant in the Fett world for me, and it's pretty shocking to know he's gone.

Sad tiding. Will made my armor like so many. Thoughts go to his friends and family and will remember him and wear the armor even more proudly. He really was a standup guy. Miss you

Words just would not do justice....I will now and always wear my RKD armor with PRIDE ! We spoke several times comparing notes on the in's and out's about being Prop Makers! I will for always be grateful to own a piece of Will's legacy!!

Rest In Peace Will. You made our small community better through your professionalism as a vendor and your commitment to excellence in your craftsmanship. You will be missed. God speed.

Very saddened to hear.:( I have a set of his armor as well. Very kind and genuine person to deal with. Thoughts and prayers go out to each of his family and friends. He will be greatly missed...

Wow, just read this. Great guy to deal with. He put a rush on my order and got it to me in the time I needed. Most of my amor is RKD. Be one with the force. RIP brother!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back