Superjedi's GMH for Daniel Logan

Beautiful work as always E! More and more I feel I’m gonna have to do a SE in the future - there is something about all those extra scratches that adds some real grit.

Out of interest, in person, how do you feel with your normal shade of red on the mandibles to the colour that was already pre-painted? They both look great, but looks an interesting comparison

I thought the se was the slightly cleaner one on the right lol took me a sec to catch on there i really would call them twins!, is the gmh considerably smaller than the fph2

Last edited:
Yeah, the SE helmet has a lot of "incidental" damage. Stuff that happened after filming during the helmet's storage and/or transport.
The poor thing has been banged around a lot over the years and there are a lot of additional scratches, chips, and gunk on it that weren't there during shooting of ESB.

Beautiful work as always E! More and more I feel I’m gonna have to do a SE in the future - there is something about all those extra scratches that adds some real grit.

Out of interest, in person, how do you feel with your normal shade of red on the mandibles to the colour that was already pre-painted? They both look great, but looks an interesting comparison

Hi Jonny! I think that both reds look really good, I just have a personal preference for the one that I normally use on my commissions.
There's nothing I can really put my finger on. . . it really comes down to what I feel looks "righter." (y)

With great pleasure, I present the completed DLP helmet.

DSCN0431.JPG

DSCN0444.JPG

DSCN0440.JPG

DSCN0436.JPG

This has been an amazing project, and I'm thrilled to have been a part of it! I hope to be able to attend the event when Daniel receives all of his gear.
Thanks to everyone who followed along, and as always, be Fett! :cool:

Wow, this looks amazing. Makes me doubt my decision to do it myself... there's no way mine will look this good! I can only hope Daniel will love it as much as I know we do!

Stunning. I've been following these throughout. I'm a bit perplexed by some of the scratches on there, they're not on the RafalFett templates. Do you have a reference shot of them?

Oh OK. Screen shots of those areas aren't the greatest, but there are faint hints of them being there.
There are definitely scratches on the rear of the dome.

With great pleasure, I present the completed DLP helmet.

View attachment 157170

View attachment 157171

View attachment 157172

View attachment 157173

This has been an amazing project, and I'm thrilled to have been a part of it! I hope to be able to attend the event when Daniel receives all of his gear.
Thanks to everyone who followed along, and as always, be Fett! :cool:
What do you use to seal the entire helmet? Like what type of clear coat? And is it for only some spots or the entire helmet?

I use Testors dull coat. Well, it used to be sold as "Dullcote," now the can just says lacquer overcoat lusterless (flat).
I give the entire helmet a couple of light/medium coats.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back