Superjedi's FPH2 for Scottjua

Loving the early progress shots. Do you ever change the order in which you paint each segment, just to vary each project up? Or is it pretty much dictated by the underlying colour order?

Somerset, I pretty much stick to the same order when I do these commissions. I have a system which works pretty well for me, and I can plan out what steps are next, and make sure I have everything I need on hand.

I got the remainder of the right panel finished. This will all be masked off for the dome and cheek base color this weekend!

IMAG5608_1.jpg

IMAG5609_1.jpg

Thanks, guys!
Things are moving along with the damage. I began at the back of the dome and I'll be working my way around.
Here are a couple of angles of the back.

IMAG5632_1.jpg

IMAG5633_1.jpg

I have a 4-day weekend coming up, and hopefully that'll give me a good amount of Fettin' time!

Thanks! Here are some more. . .

Wrapping up the long holiday weekend now. I got a good amount of work done in between all the feasting and other holiday activities.
Here are a couple of angles of the cat scratch area. This is one of my favorite features of the ESB.

IMAG5650.jpg

IMAG5651.jpg

The smaller area above the turn signals has also been completed in the above shots.

Next I worked on the dent and the "streak" coming back across the curve of the dome. The dent gives the helmet so much character.

IMAG5654.jpg

Since it gets dark so early now, these shots were all taken in room lighting, so the glare is a little harsh. Here's a different angle.

IMAG5656.jpg

This week I'll start working on the big scrape across the crown of the dome. Then I'll get set up for killstripes.

OK, finally had time to upload some pics! I've been working throughout the week, just didn't take the time to post pics.
First off, I got the big scrape done across the top of the dome. This is a largish area, and there's some fairly good detail. It's tricky to photograph because it always seems like there's a glare on part of it.

IMAG5669_1.jpg

I also got the killstripes on! Lots of measuring and masking involved in that stage. Here are a couple of angles.

IMAG5671_1.jpg

IMAG5672_1.jpg

Now that the stripes are done, I'll begin all the small detail and damage that's intermixed between and around the stripes, and that'll pretty much finish up the dome.

Thanks! I'll wrap up the weekend with the completed dome.
I finished up the remaining details on the left side, adding all the small chips between the stripes, and the "Scottie dog" feature above the stripes.

IMAG5673_1.jpg

IMAG5674_1.jpg

There may be a couple more tiny flecks to be added, but I'll catch those during final weathering.
The cheeks are up next!

I don't know what would need to be done to an EFX lid. I guess it depends on the factory paint job.

I finished laying down the base coat on the outer cheeks. It's a shame the Floquil line was discontinued, because PRR Brunswick Green is such a great color for these sections.
I also finished the damage on the right cheek. I'll begin the left cheek next.

IMAG5678_1.jpg

IMAG5679_1.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back