Superjedi's FPH2 for Scottjua

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi everyone!
I'm beginning a new ESB commission this weekend. This one is an FPH2 kit for member Scottjua.
The kit is the usual high quality that we see from Wasteland, and Scott has included a real MQ-1 calculator. I'll be liberating the circuit board for inclusion in this build. :) He's also sending a real Borden connector as well.

I've hit the majority of the prep already. I've sanded and trimmed all the parts, and hit the helmet and ears with primer. These helmets always look so nice in primer, but it'll soon get some color!

Here are a couple of shots of the kit. Not all of the accessories are shown here.

IMAG5572_1.jpg

IMAG5573_1.jpg

I've already epoxied some small machine screws into the backs of the ears.
Once everything is good and dry, I'll begin with the rear panels on the helmet.
Much more to come!

Thanks, all. :) These things seem to start out slow, but the pace will increase once I start on the details.

This is one of the more boring updates. . . the beige on the rear panels. But it's the first color on the helmet!

IMAG5574_1.jpg

I like to let this layer cure for at least 24 hours before masking over it, so that's going to be it for the weekend.
But by tomorrow afternoon I'll be able to start stenciling and applying liquid mask for the dark green.

Yep, another. :)

Got the panels masked and sprayed the dark green. After I unmask, I go back with a small detail brush and tweak the edges of any areas I'm not quite satisfied with. The masking fluid does a pretty good job overall, but I like to give the edges a little nudge to get them as close to the reference pics as possible. Here are a couple of angles of the left panel.

IMAG5580_1.jpg

IMAG5581_1.jpg

Next I'll begin adding the gray and silver damage.

Been busy this weekend, but I've managed to complete the left panel.
Starting to see the world in gray and silver, lol.

IMAG5591_1.jpg

IMAG5592_1.jpg

I've also tweaked the Concrete areas on the right panel and I'll be working on the "giant scrape" today. :)

Thanks, guys!
Got the big scrape finished up earlier. Here are a couple of angles.

IMAG5595_1.jpg

IMAG5598_1.jpg

I'll be working on the remainder of the right panel next. For some reason the big scrape always seems like a
big milestone to get through. There's so much tiny detail in there.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back