SE Boba Fett build

BCB: Thanks mate, as for the makes of the lids, one is a modified MR the other is a FP.

Webchief: Cheers for the compliment, doing two lids were daunting but it turned out for the better. Having all the paint ready and only cleaning up once made it easier.

Did some small work on the helmets, finding it hard to get major work done on them as im sitting my final exams but they are getting there. I mainly started the weathering process, finishing up the back panels which im really pleased with. These photos were taking inside and I really dont like how the red is showing, its much darker in person. I will get better photos up tomorrow.

DSCF1511.jpg

DSCF1514.jpg

I also got the other lid to the same state, finishing up the kill stripes and applying all the weathering to both the cheeks and back panels. Still need to add some more weathering though to the rest of the helmets. The helmet with the ears on though has been given a satin clear coat. Waiting on a set of ears now and then I can get both of these finished, not long now.

DSCF1520.jpg

Welsh

Cheers Goodus mate, hows things with your boba going?

I got another update to show you guys, on that im really chuffed with. It just so happened that walking through the city, on of the big clothes shops were closing down. I had a word with one of the foremen who was helping taking down the displays and I managed to snag myself a full brand new male mannequin. Ive been looking for one for ages and to get one for free was incredible, if if I did have to carry it up the high street to the car :lol:

Main problem with the mannequin was that he was over 6ft, and im just 5'10. So I had to do a little DIY and cut him down, luckily he had a long waist which was the ideal spot to cut. A few strips of Fiberglass and bondo, and he was done. Now my fett items dont hide away in a box.

DSCF1525.jpg

DSCF1528.jpg

DSCF1529.jpg

Even the shoes fit him :lol:

DSCF1530.jpg

DSCF1532.jpg

He sadly didnt come with a stand so ignore the leaning against things lol, so im going to have to make one out of wood, but I cant be to fussy. Only problem is that he currently has to stay downstairs, and its bloody scary coming down in the night for a drink and seeing him stood there lol. Im going to be cutting his arms soon as well to pose him better, I wanted to go for the PF boba fett stance but that would mean having to reposition the legs, so im going to go for something like this, except with his empty hand hold his belt,

http://www.giantbusts.co.uk/acatalog/SWBOBAFETTSTATUE.png

What do you guys think?

Welsh

You lucky chap you!! What a kind fellow you found. My Boba is unfortunately on hold and has been for a while. A lot of jobs at home, studying for my postgrad course, looking after daughters etc. Once my mad couple of months are over I hope to get back on it again around August time. I'll get some more pics on the thread and I may actually be able to get a helmet fully finished!!!! I am very jealous of your Fett. Great work mate.(y)

hi! guys, I have been busy at work today on the desktop. Went out and bought 3 cans of airbrush propellent as I wanted the blue finished today. So carrying off where I left off, I masked up the area I did yesterday and coated the JP in the black.So really really happy with the way it turned out.thank you all

Hi Mike, welcome to TDH :D, feel free to post up some pics. Would like to see your JP.

Luis: I haven't really got much to show im afraid. Im doing mainly commission work at the moment. That way the money I make can go towards finishing up my fett. I should have some things arriving though in the coming weeks. Right now im still working on the helmets, the middle one and the far right one are practically finished, they just need the ears doing. All the weathering and damage is now all done.

DSCF1630.jpg

DSCF1631.jpg

DSCF1633.jpg

Now the other helmet is a whole different kettle of fish. This is another commission but is being done so its accurate to what is on screen in ESB. Its taking a little longer as im not using the stencils, most of this is done purely by hand and eye. With all the practice from the other helmets, this is at present the best helmet ive done.

DSCF1636.jpg

I can post more pictures of it if any one wants to see it?

Sorry I dont have much more to show.

Welsh

So close now. I managed to finish up the main helmet and have now almost done the ears. Just need to add the white section on the other ear and then finish it off with a few little details. But other than that its done....And will probably be off to its new home next week as well lol

Ive now got the armour, helmet and vest all lined up and should be bought in about 2 weeks, and I may look at purchasing the girth belt this week as well.

DSCF1672.jpg

DSCF1676.jpg

DSCF1678.jpg

DSCF1679.jpg

DSCF1682.jpg

DSCF1683.jpg

DSCF1685.jpg

Comments and criticism welcome.

Welsh

whew long time no update :lol:
Thought I might as well revive my old WIP means that ive got some parts arriving this week and will be starting back up. So during those long wait periods you sometimes get waiting for something special, ive been doing the odd commission work. Sadly the helmet you see in the posts above was sold off to help finish up the Fett.

Since then ive been working on this particular piece, the customer wanted a accurate to screen ESB lid (minus all the wear and damage from the years its been traveling), and with the customers specific details and keen eye I think the helmet turned out pretty well.

DSCF1851.jpg

DSCF1852.jpg

DSCF1854.jpg

DSCF1858.jpg

Still got to add a few more bits and change some parts, then need to darken down the red with the clear coat. Got alot of big pieces now in the next few days, so wont be long till I can actually get this thing together.

Welsh

Thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures and detailing your build. I'll be keeping a watch on your progress! Great work and the paint detailing on those buckets is amazing! Great work on everything. Keep it up!

Thank you very much for those compliments, means alot.

Well I had a big box or two arrive this morning, and its some of the best items ive received to date. Im so happy right now :p

DSCF2026.jpg

Yup a big ol' box of fine FP armour, and a lovely batninja vest to mount it. Im not going to go into the quality etc of it as we all know what Chris' work is like. I'll probably start trimming this sometime this week, and will be mounting it to the vest using Bobamakers tutorial.
Plus I got this bad boy as well, plus a few accessories to go with him.

DSCF2038.jpg

One of Robs excellent helmets, the casting is perfect like all his work. Ive also got one of SSkunkys awesome helmet interiors and one of Booboo Fetts amazing helmet Skirts. And on route ive got one of Mojo's Borden connectors and a RC set up from Salamanderking.

So close now to having him finished, Just got to get the girth belt and blaster, then some small detail items. I'll leave all the thank you's and what nots when ive got all the parts and he's finally done. As theres a lot of folks who helped me out And to top it all off I finally finished my current commission which I feel is my best work yet.

DSCF2007.jpg

Got a quick question though about the flak vest to those Fett Vets, how short/long is it supposed to be. As mine fits perfect but it feels kinda short, it barely reaches my belly button lol

Thanks,

Welsh

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back