ROTJ Special Edition Promo

Love your build up, so much work goes into getting such a great suit and it really shows!
Couple things i noticed:
1. Rocket tip is too pinkish red. From those promo shots the red/pink color is nearly gone and looks like it was almost dusted on over the masked silver.
2. The boots and dark, but too clean. The reference shots show the boots really beat up. Im seeing browns and white distressing and almost like a worn out old leather boot in the reference.
3. The armor looks a bit shiny. A little bit of matte clear coat goes a long way and really takes the armor from a cartoony look to screen used piece. You can weather with white pencil, sharp pastel and black paint flicked from an old toothbrush over the matte clearcoat.
4. Not sure if you mentioned it, but the jumpsuit seems a bit baggy in the arms and legs. Its pretty tight and tailored on the refrence shots.
5. The jetpack seems too high up on the back armor, and it seems to vertical, letting out a touch more strap from the top of the jetpack harness may help.
Again, awesome work and dedication on this build! My suggestions are striclty meant to help and not meant to be offensive. :)

Love your build up, so much work goes into getting such a great suit and it really shows!
Couple things i noticed:
1. Rocket tip is too pinkish red. From those promo shots the red/pink color is nearly gone and looks like it was almost dusted on over the masked silver.
2. The boots and dark, but too clean. The reference shots show the boots really beat up. Im seeing browns and white distressing and almost like a worn out old leather boot in the reference.
3. The armor looks a bit shiny. A little bit of matte clear coat goes a long way and really takes the armor from a cartoony look to screen used piece. You can weather with white pencil, sharp pastel and black paint flicked from an old toothbrush over the matte clearcoat.
4. Not sure if you mentioned it, but the jumpsuit seems a bit baggy in the arms and legs. Its pretty tight and tailored on the refrence shots.
5. The jetpack seems too high up on the back armor, and it seems to vertical, letting out a touch more strap from the top of the jetpack harness may help.
Again, awesome work and dedication on this build! My suggestions are striclty meant to help and not meant to be offensive. :)

Thanks for suggestions I noticed some them as well. They are easy fixes for me. There is a clear coat but I guess it came out shinier than I hoped. I did do some of the black specs. I will do more.

Also will weather the boots more.

Again thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for suggestions I noticed some them as well. They are easy fixes for me. There is a clear coat but I guess it came out shinier than I hoped. I did do some of the black specs. I will do more.

Also will weather the boots more.

Again thanks for the suggestions.

Ok so big difference. I weathered the boots more. Reworked the top of the rocket a bit. And toned down the shininess of the armor added some more black paint splatters etc.
10E156B2-6018-45FB-A1B7-40DBDF0CB6B0.jpeg
F3F76CD6-DFA7-4EE6-88F2-4B1FE0F08966.jpeg
979775EC-543C-4B2F-8FCD-0C12257E0AF3.jpeg
C2D7C114-47FC-4902-B7A7-B8F2B0470DC9.jpeg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back