"Paint by numbers" Humbrol Visual Guide - ESB & ROTJ Helmet & ESB Armor

Any luck figuring out a rough list for ROTJ armour?
The mind Meister map might be a start, but has anyone tried that out?

These are the paints I used before weathering:

paintlist.jpg

So I've heard humbrol on here before but this is a bit new to me. My previous experience is rattle cans for paint jobs but I recently got some resin parts, and found I have an airbursh (but no compressor) at my disposal, so I was thinking upgrade my experience. What do I need to paint with an airbrush and what Humbrol paints should I get (not colors but type). I'm sorry if this is a rookie question or been answered a bunch already

So I've heard humbrol on here before but this is a bit new to me. My previous experience is rattle cans for paint jobs but I recently got some resin parts, and found I have an airbursh (but no compressor) at my disposal, so I was thinking upgrade my experience. What do I need to paint with an airbrush and what Humbrol paints should I get (not colors but type). I'm sorry if this is a rookie question or been answered a bunch already
Humbrol enamels, some lacquer/enamel thinner (I use lacquer paint thinner you can get at the hardware store).

Just preference, but I prefer to go with acrylic paints. They're a lot easier to work with, and they clean up really easily (with basically just light soap and water).

Hey guys, i got some issues with the "green/grey" around the silver damage on the collar and the right chest plate..... is green 76 really spot on for that?
Or would you recommend ocean grey 106?!

Can I ask a noob question. How much of each color do you normally buy? The pots are tiny (but cheap, so hey). Does the paint go a lot farther than you think, or so you buy 3 or 4 pots of each color.

Yes the paint goes farther than you are thinking. Some of the colors will be less than a one other colors may take a little more than one but none of them should take 4.

He's right, the colours go a long way once thinned, for example, with the ESB helmet colours you actually only need one tin of each colour but for the colours that cover the larger areas it might help to have two tins (main green) but for some areas you would definitely only need one tin; the sand colour for the rangefinder ear would be a good example of that.

He's right, the colours go a long way once thinned, for example, with the ESB helmet colours you actually only need one tin of each colour but for the colours that cover the larger areas it might help to have two tins (main green) but for some areas you would definitely only need one tin; the sand colour for the rangefinder ear would be a good example of that.

I was just wondering this today... What size are we talking about? Looks like they have a 14ml and 50ml. Or does "tin" imply the 50ml size?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back