My Jango Fett build

Is Rub N Buff available in NL? That's a common product (the silver leaf variety) that gets used for the metal pieces. Otherwise I would grab a few spray cans of different chromes/aluminum colors available locally and do some test painting on scraps and see what you like the best.

Isnt Rub&Buff more like a coat to put on top more than actual paint? I can get some from the UK or Germany but wouldnt i still need a basecoat?

Looking good mate and a shitload of patience ..... congrats looks great so far and as far as I can see you have excellent advice from the right people.

CuYC6o3.jpg
first coat of black done, got some droopers so gonna redo those bits, then its rubb'n'buff time. Here's hoping its the miracle substance ive been waiting for!

bz4Fe5V.jpg

xD89PRy.jpg

Finally got around to the Rub n buff today. Remind me to just ask you guys immediatly next time. This stuff is amazing.
Have some questions about coating and application tho.

I've uploaded 2 pics with different levels of coating. Which one should i be aiming for.

Also what do you guys recommend for application technique, circles or stripes? Im using a cloth to apply

Gonna have to use your hand to apply. Don’t want to see the lines from the cloth. I used my fingers to spread it out and then my palm to really buff it well. Heat from friction from your hand gives it the look you want.

View attachment 166426
View attachment 166427
Finally got around to the Rub n buff today. Remind me to just ask you guys immediatly next time. This stuff is amazing.

Have some questions about coating and application tho.

I've uploaded 2 pics with different levels of coating. Which one should i be aiming for.

Also what do you guys recommend for application technique, circles or stripes? Im using a cloth to apply

Contact Cruzer...... Great guy and great advice.

Tried the finger technique, much better results, just gotta get the good rub down on some of the hard to get to spots on the bracers etc but otherwise very nice finish, the shoe covers are nice and shiny in particular

KOX0QdR.jpg

Sometimes no news is good news. I called up my dad and said y0, I dont need it approved. but i would like it wearable by Elfia (a casual cosplay event here).

So we managed to finish the basics and i did a testrun

42447764_10155810379650835_5007618218559275008_n.jpg

My knees kept falling off cuz the rubber band was too far back but otherwise it was totes worth it.

I still need to get around to weathering, have you guys got a prefered method or paint/otherwise for weathering i ussually just get some black paint and do the apply lightly and wipe off approach but im open to alternatives. I have been told good things about pigments but i wouldnt know the first thing about them

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back