My Jango Fett build

Boots came in the ohter day, quite happy with them, visor is on the way too. Now just need to find some gloves and manufacture the grappling dart and put it all together. Hoping to have this done for the Ep 8 premier :)

Didnt make it for the premier, still running into some problems. So I was hoping i'd try and get some input here.

My first issue is the paint job, I keep ending up with "brushed aluminium":
C1zBfuBl.jpg

When i feel like it should be more of an iron color. Can anyone give me a headsup on a good paint or technique im missing, or perhaps im aiming for the wrong color?
(To all my American friends, I do live in Europe so I dont have access to Walmart or other big retailers)

I did manage to find a visor that made its way in just waiting to finish the paint job to install it.

Still frantically looking for gloves, I have big hands and most gloves are woman sizes, but finishing this year is my New Years resolution so im gonna put the work in!

I think it looks pretty good remember itll dull down alot after weathering, If you feel that youve really got too much of a shine or want to dull it down a bit you could try rubbing graphite on the helmet (lightly) it really does a nice job of switching the shades up a litle and doesnt really steal from that "metallic look" but do be ready for some to rub off onto your hands everytime you pick up the helmet for the next few times(youll never rub it all off though just the excess slowly over time)

I also had a question regarding gloves. I have been searching my ass off for gloves that match the CRL:
BH_jango_gloves.jpg

Notice how they dont have any of the bend/stretch lines, 90% of the time when i look for gloves they look like this:
s-l500.jpg

Are gloves like that acceptable (i know its the wrong color) or do they HAVE to be the plain nothing on the back of the hands model like in the CRL since it doesnt mention anything about it?

Last edited:
You need to shop for womens gloves. They do not have the lines in them that men's do. Most people buy womens gloves and remove the inner lining to fit better since womens sizes run smaller.

You need to shop for womens gloves. They do not have the lines in them that men's do. Most people buy womens gloves and remove the inner lining to fit better since womens sizes run smaller.

Ye i ordered a set of womens gloves before but they were way to small. I need an XL which is a size most dont offer. Ofc theres plenty of options in the super expensive range but Im confident i can get an nice pair for under 75$/€. But thanks for the info :)

Ye i ordered a set of womens gloves before but they were way to small. I need an XL which is a size most dont offer. Ofc theres plenty of options in the super expensive range but Im confident i can get an nice pair for under 75$/€. But thanks for the info :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LNH2CUY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Those are the ones I got from Amazon size 8.5/XXL in Navy Blue and I removed the inner cashmere lining and they are quite a nice snug fit. If I were to splay my hand out as far as possible it would measure from thumb tip to pinky finger tip at 9 inches or 22.8cm. I was also surprised to find out that they are a very close color match to my flak vest made by Loanstar.

Im US based so the availability was easy, I assume Amazon also ships to Europe?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LNH2CUY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Those are the ones I got from Amazon size 8.5/XXL in Navy Blue and I removed the inner cashmere lining and they are quite a nice snug fit. If I were to splay my hand out as far as possible it would measure from thumb tip to pinky finger tip at 9 inches or 22.8cm. I was also surprised to find out that they are a very close color match to my flak vest made by Loanstar.

Im US based so the availability was easy, I assume Amazon also ships to Europe?

Awww man, I got really excited and tried to order only to run into the issue that I do not own a creditcard and there are no other payment options. I'll have to see if my dad still has one. I'll definitly keep that one in mind however!

Sorry bout the lack of updates. The cold has mostly hindered my oppurtunities to work on this, dont have a heated workspace :(.

We did order some pinstripe materials and made a list of stuff still to do which was a bit more than I figured:

Pinstripe Helmet
Motorize Range Finder
Repaint Armor
Craft the wings for the saber dart
Cut a hole in the flakvest for the jetpack (dreading this one)
Weathering the armor/flightsuit

and a multitude of small things. But im commited to getting this finished this year, its taken too long already and the finish is in sight!

It’s a long process from start to finish but in the end, it’s all worth it when you suit up. Good luck on the rest of your build and I look forward to following along.

I know updates have been slow. But last weekend i sat down and re-sanded everything down hopefully in preparation of the final layer of paint. Its all super smooth now.
If anyone has any recommendations paintwise (thats available where i live RIP :D) I prefer Motip for the quality but finding the right color is key.
Looking to work on this some more when the weather clears up and i can actually sit outside

Which colors are you looking for? I know in the Jango media gallery section there are some RAL colors listed and since RAL is prevalent throughout Europe those should be available to you in the NL.

Which colors are you looking for? I know in the Jango media gallery section there are some RAL colors listed and since RAL is prevalent throughout Europe those should be available to you in the NL.

Do you have a link to a specific one? I'm familiar with the RAL system but the material you spray it on can conflict with the color listed.
I'll have a more proper look through the gallery when i get home but thx for the tip!

Do you have a link to a specific one? I'm familiar with the RAL system but the material you spray it on can conflict with the color listed.
I'll have a more proper look through the gallery when i get home but thx for the tip!

Here is the one for the Arena Jetpack

full?d=0.jpg

And here is the one detailing the helmet and flightsuit colors

full?d=0.jpg

Ah yes the CRL requirements did change very recently. Undented Jango helmet can only be worn with Z-6 classic jetpack and the Dented Jango helmet can be worn with either Jetpack (Z-6 or JT-12).

Great... So i gotta buy a new helmet or mod my one, more expenses wooo.

Also im looking for the color of the metal/silver/iron parts. I got pretty decent blue's. Everytime i end up spraying it feel like its too silvery/white.
But thanks for the tips/info. Gotta consider if I want to keep building now. So close to the finish line i dont really feel like buying new major parts.

Is Rub N Buff available in NL? That's a common product (the silver leaf variety) that gets used for the metal pieces. Otherwise I would grab a few spray cans of different chromes/aluminum colors available locally and do some test painting on scraps and see what you like the best.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back