Getting started on Boba Fresh and looking for guidance

wyldvodka

New Hunter
Hey All, my first post here. I have done various armored costumes before including a custom Mandalorian armor, but this is my first attemt at doing an accurate canon character.

I really like the look of Boba Fett in Mandalorian Season 2 ep7 with the fresh painted armor, black flightsuit and hakama pants so that is what I am going for. There are not a ton of references, and imfrom what I gather there are a few different versions, sometimes even within one scene.

So, I have a 3d printer and a ton of sintra. I plan on 3d printing a helmet and gauntlets and making most of the armor from sintra. I may experiment with printing in tpu, to get the screen accurate polyurethane armor look.

So... all that said... does anyone have any links for the current "most accurate" helmet and gauntlet .stl files? I understand great ape studios seems to be the best, but I can't find the actual files available anywhere. Are there any comparable files from another maker available?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Hey All, my first post here. I have done various armored costumes before including a custom Mandalorian armor, but this is my first attemt at doing an accurate canon character.

I really like the look of Boba Fett in Mandalorian Season 2 ep7 with the fresh painted armor, black flightsuit and hakama pants so that is what I am going for. There are not a ton of references, and imfrom what I gather there are a few different versions, sometimes even within one scene.

So, I have a 3d printer and a ton of sintra. I plan on 3d printing a helmet and gauntlets and making most of the armor from sintra. I may experiment with printing in tpu, to get the screen accurate polyurethane armor look.

So... all that said... does anyone have any links for the current "most accurate" helmet and gauntlet .stl files? I understand great ape studios seems to be the best, but I can't find the actual files available anywhere. Are there any comparable files from another maker available?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Perhaps you can find what you need here.

Or here

If you sign up for a free account on Shapeways, you should be able to download the stl files free.

Hm, after searching I also have come up empty on Great Ape files. I know they exist, but it looks like they don't offer them anymore for whatever reason.

I have some pretty close vambraces you can download for free here: Boba Fett Vambraces, Rearmored / Fresh version (Mandalorian) / ROTJ by Camburu
Be wary of the sizing. I have yet to go back and fix these but the left prints a little large in my experience.

I created the master model for the knees in the CRL (meaning they are screen accurate and approvable) and sell them as 3d prints here.

I also created a free model of his sidearm: Boba Fett blaster pistol (Mandalorian Season 2) by Camburu

The helmet I used was this one: Boba Fett/Mandalorian Helmet Replica 1:1 by ChrisThePropGuy
Can't guarantee perfect accuracy but looks damn good to me.

Anyway hope this helps get you started! Happy to help with any questions. My costume is still a work in progress but nearing completion after 2 years.

Thanks for the help! I am using 3dprintarmoryestudio files, sold on Etsy. Seems to be pretty accurate, he based them on scans from stills of the show.

I actually reached out to great ape and he says he is releasing his helmet file for bobf shortly and is working on armor files as well, but not for the rearmored version. I assume the people who have used his files to date must have been testers.

Got some parts printed, but its a journey. I am working in flashforge flex pla, trying to get the same rubber/polyuerethane look as the show but without the hassle of printing tpu. Hardest part is finding a flexible topcoat to use. I think I am on to something with SEM flexible bumper texture coat. When I get a working recipe down for it I will post it here.

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back