Boba Fresh Girth Belt

retronaut

New Hunter
I'm in a frenzied rush to try and get my long-on-the-backburner Boba Fresh ready for Halloween, or if not then, certainly for a convention coming up soon. I'll throw together a build thread before long, but wanted to get some insights -- what have people found for the rearmored belt? I know I saw mention of some Pet Supply rope that looked similar. Are there other options out there? The BOBF belt is simpler to source I think, since as far as I can tell, the ropes are solid black cord.

On the same note, what sorts of leather/pleather are folks using for the backing and 'connector'?

I don't necessarily think I'm going to come out the other end of this having spent less making things myself than buying some, but I should be richer for the experience. I just don't quite know what I'm doing. :)

I used the Pet Hardware on mine which as far as I know is approvable at the basic level. I've seen some discussion on the rope over at BHG and the closest I've seen so far is people twisting their own.

For my build I used black pleather from Joann for the back closure and a large sheet of velcro (I think it was 6" wide). Sewing the pleather onto the rope was extremely difficult and I had to basically hand crank my machine the entire way through but it's definitely doable.

Attachments

• PXL_20210810_225256235.jpg
    PXL_20210810_225256235.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20210920_054438841.jpg
    PXL_20210920_054438841.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20210922_065033992.jpg
    PXL_20210922_065033992.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 69
That is super helpful, thanks! For some reason I thought there was also a wide leather belt behind the rope so that's at least one thing off my plate. Now onto the belt, holster, and pouches on top...

There is. I used an old-style motorcycle leather kidney protector for that back part (you can even see that on the Hot Toys figure). Removed the buckles, so I just had the leather parts to work with. Also removed the decorative stitching, as this is not present on the screen-used belt.
For the rope, I sourced ropes made in three different shades of brown - cream, medium and dark brown. Rope is 1.2 mm thick. I measured the length, cut it and sandwhiched it to the motorcycle belt. Added velcro so that it is invisible, but pretty easy to close.

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back