FPH2 vs FP helmet vs Other helmets

It was the ROTJ made by Fettpride
Gotcha... the ROTJ from WF and FP are the same while the ESB WF has is the "prototype" and has less "flare" then the ROTJ...similar sizing but shapes are different slightly. From what I understand theres another FPH2 that maybe anime has? And I think its more in line with the ROTJ helmet....not totally sure if he got the FPH2 molds or if FP still has that.... either way the ROTJ is definitely made with that flare you spoke of

I had heard that there were a few slightly different versions floating about beyond the straight split between the two movie versions. I couldn't get on with the flare on mine though.
I understand the appeal of these various movie specific helmets from the various makers that are out there as it certainly takes a lot of hassle out of the project if someone has already installed the damage for you, especially considering that the painting is still an undertaking in itself. These movie specific versions definitely offer a lot of convenience.

These are all very solid points brought up when deciding what helmet to get. I made the mistake of purchasing a helmet before spending hours on this forum. Oh well it was good practice for painting. I will give what I consider the most important thing to consider when deciding.

Application: What is the purpose of the helmet? For wearing? Display? Full size replica? This may help narrow down the best options.

Trooping/wearing - I would never recommend a slush cast, go fiberglass. Decide on a helmet based on proportion. Who cares if it's a screen accurate size, if it doesn't fit you and your size proportionally, you won't look the part, which in my opinion when wearing these suits is the most important factor.

Display/Replica - This is obvious, go for screen accuracy. It will add to the value and realism. This is were doing your research on lineage comes into play. There are some really good threads on here, the rpf, and mppc that discuss this topic. Be careful though because in these threads it may be hard not to step in the B.S. but be sure that there can be some considerably large assumptions and requires some skepticism intwenothor knows what I'm talking about ;)

Personally: If you are 5'10" and up I would recommend an FPH2 based on the quality and availability and some other factors I won't discuss here. If you want a more in depth analysis of this helmet feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Nail on the head there Cameron. As most people are looking for a quality cosplay item it would make sense to choose a helmet with that as a major factor. I think viewoptic is going ESB, a sage choice, so the FPH2 ESB would be a decent options for cosplay and has that aforementioned convenience that I mentioned because it has most of the ESB damage present meaning all he'll need to do is slap some paint on it.

So, Ive seen the eFx helmet first hand (SDCC). And compared it to the FPH2. There's no doubt in my mind that this thing has lineage. There are too many details that make this helmet not from the ROTJ stunt helmet rumors that have been floating around. I will say that there are a lot of differences with the two helmets. The squint on the right side is skinnier on the FPH2. The waviness is slightly exaggerate on the FPH2 as well as DVH. But dimensionally, they look very close. The dent on the eFx is stupid big/deep and is positioned in a slightly different location.

on paper, no. :D
but like I said, I compared them side by side. Like Chris said, it's not a fan sculpt nor does it come from a specific helmet.

well im not here to argue. Im just saying, Dom and I have compared both helmets. It's a weird situation. Even if I didn't sell it, Im still saying that they look incredibly close.

I'm not here to argue either but I think my points pertinent and you do sell them.

I'm interested in all things Fett and would love to hear of another lineage cast in the wild but you cannot prove that this is what you have and my own FPH2 was extremely dissimilar to casts with definite known lineage to the point where I feel I can say I compared them closely and was certain my FPH2 did not have lineage. Maybe this efx cast may answer some questions if it one day gets released. I'm certainly hoping it will and that it does.

Making bold and unevidenced statements about lineage doesn't help the right answers rise to the top. At the moment I think the FPH2 is a nice cosplay item but not a nice piece of replication. I remain open minded to any material that will expand my knowledge in these matters.

Top stuff but denouncing other casts does not in any way promote any evidence of the casts you sell, it simply denounces those casts. Please post when you have some proof regarding the FPH2. Until then it isn't a lineage cast. I'm open to all material.

Trooping/wearing - I would never recommend a slush cast, go fiberglass. Decide on a helmet based on proportion.

Why's this if you don't mind my asking? I've always seen it as the opposite; polyurethene helms as the super light yet super durable buckets that are easy on the neck for all-day wear, and can survive being dropped from pretty much any height. Fiberglass on the other hand quite a bit more heavy and hard, to the point of sometimes becoming a bit brittle for their own weight. A ton more authentic however. I've always seen poly helms as the troopers, and fiberglass as the archival displays- assuming both are properly and skillfully made.

Have you guys had different experiences?

Top stuff but denouncing other casts does not in any way promote any evidence of the casts you sell, it simply denounces those casts. Please post when you have some proof regarding the FPH2. Until then it isn't a lineage cast. I'm open to all material.

Not denouncing it. They physically don't look anything like the Efx helmet.

Why's this if you don't mind my asking? I've always seen it as the opposite; polyurethene helms as the super light yet super durable buckets that are easy on the neck for all-day wear, and can survive being dropped from pretty much any height. Fiberglass on the other hand quite a bit more heavy and hard, to the point of sometimes becoming a bit brittle for their own weight. A ton more authentic however. I've always seen poly helms as the troopers, and fiberglass as the archival displays- assuming both are properly and skillfully made.

Straight resin helmets warp over time, in direct sunlight, and in heat. Fiberglass helmets do not.

Not denouncing it. They physically don't look anything like the Efx helmet.

It's a fallacy. I'm asking for some sort of proof about your assertion but rather than providing that proof you are simply moving the argument to something else. Your assertions about LM and GMH casts may or may not be correct but whatever the case with respect to that you are not providing any material that supports your original assertion regarding the FPH2 and its lineage.

Grimstuff , I've had two resin helmets deform and this was not in extreme weather (bearing in mind that I'm British and our default weather is simply unending greyness). I've also found them to be heavier than the fibreglass equivalent.

OK yall are arguing about nothing....The GMH and MF helmet appear to LOOK alot less like the EFX helmet is what he is saying....and youre saying the FPH2 has no proven lineage.... both are which are true....stop repeating yourselves over and over its getting you guys no where. NONE of those helmets share all the characteristics as the ESB helmet NONE. Case closed... theyre not from the ESB movie HERO helmet so its a moot point theres soooo many things the ESB has that none of those helmets have that would lead me to say otherwise. There is no fan cast that has lineage to the ESB helmet....none.

Straight resin helmets warp over time, in direct sunlight, and in heat. Fiberglass helmets do not.

Exactly what Alex said. I've also trooped for hours in my fiberglass helmet which pretty much is the heaviest helmet I've held and the weight has never bothered me in the slightest. Considering I put a large servo in it for the range finder (which requires one box with the circuitry and 4 AA batteries and another box to supply them in, Aluminum stalk, a Steel borden connector, 2 fans with a slim charger (although it's slim it isn't the lightest), Semi accurate helmet cradle (definitely adds weight compared to just foam) some foam padding (to match pictures in the archives) a chin strap with accurate chin cup, and then of course all the steel hardware to keep everything in place really adds up... all these goodies required fiberglass backing in order to install them correctly. I couldn't imagine trying to install that stuff in a slush cast.

And I don't know where you heard that information about dropping a slush cast and it surviving from any distance. My own personal slush cast fell from 3 feet off of my couch onto soft carpet in a controlled air conditioned environment and cracked about 2-3 inches. I don't think my fiberglass helmet would have cracked at that distance but I'm not going to try it.

These helmet threads are always informative and sometimes entertaining. So correct me if I am wrong but here is what I think I know:
The eFX helmet came from the ESB hero, but was probably cleaned up to fix some flaws.
The fph2 has no proven lineage other than maybe being a mod of the MR prototype (I was told by Chris himself that it was from a PP2 cast)
The LM came from the KT plug, which came directly from the Don Post mold of the PP2
I don't know much about the lineage of the GMH other than what Art A. has said about it
So if the above statements are correct (I am sure I forgot something or I am wrong on some things) it is safe to say that lineage wise, the eFX helmet is the closest we will get the the ESB hero, and the LM is the next helmet with the most direct lineage from something that was used in a movie/promotion material.
If I am wrong on anything please let me know, I just want to make sure the info that I have is correct. I am not trying to start any fights or accuse anyone of anything, I just want to make sure that I know what I am talking about when it comes to Fett helmets.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back