Casio MQ-1 or MQ-2 circuit board?

I was curious about the set up for an authentic MQ-1 board in the helmet. Is it correct to just paint the board red? I mean I see if the images some have posted where it is painted red, but if some go through the trouble and cost of getting an authentic board why just paint it to blend in? Just curious?

I was curious about the set up for an authentic MQ-1 board in the helmet. Is it correct to just paint the board red? I mean I see if the images some have posted where it is painted red, but if some go through the trouble and cost of getting an authentic board why just paint it to blend in? Just curious?

Correct. There is a huge difference between a cast and a real mq-1 board installed. Plus people want to be as original and authentic to replicate the hero helmet as possible.

Correct. There is a huge difference between a cast and a real mq-1 board installed. Plus people want to be as original and authentic to replicate the hero helmet as possible.

I understand being as authentic as possible (Its what we all are striving for), but looking at all the images that i’ve Seen it appears that the board is cast into the helmet it’s self. If we were trying to be that authentic wouldn’t we just get buckets that had them this way? Unless I’m wrong of course, which is entirely possible.

It wasn't cast, you can clearly see the MQ-1 board here:

76530-82d351eb609e2de152ed3ddf08249ca5.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back