Helmet: MinuteFett or BobaMaker

Wraithy1901

New Hunter
Im going to make this real easy, Minutefett deluxe (lineage) with metal ears additional etc or Bobamaker VX (has a visor, metal ears etc).

Im after lineage and will be painting myself, help would be appreciated.

The BM helmet is nice, but it is a fan made sculpt. MF helmet is lineage, and I believe that is what you are looking for.

The BM helmet is nice, but it is a fan made sculpt. MF helmet is lineage, and I believe that is what you are looking for.

I would bet BM’s newest helmet is not a fan sculpt.

If you’re in the US any lineage helmet maker would be a better choice over BM. If you’re in the EU then go with BM.

If you’re in the US any lineage helmet maker would be a better choice over BM. If you’re in the EU then go with BM.
The lineage metal ears don't fit correctly on the BM helmet so I assumed it was a fan sculpt.

Which ears and which version?

His helmet changed right around the same time everyone was getting the hero. There’s things on the BM that scream hero and weren’t present on his older versions. :lol:

Ill be honest im looking at using rafalfetts stencils but as guidance rather than stencils anyway, ive found a lot of lineage helmets that are 3rd gen etc arent going to be lineage, im just not sure on minutefetts lineage, the cost for the metal ears and visor etc is far better value from BM as im from the UK

Ill be honest im looking at using rafalfetts stencils but as guidance rather than stencils anyway, ive found a lot of lineage helmets that are 3rd gen etc arent going to be lineage, im just not sure on minutefetts lineage, the cost for the metal ears and visor etc is far better value from BM as im from the UK

There are currently no 2nd gen lineage helmets on the market (unless RS Prop Masters is making again). Everything that is out there is 3rd-5th+ generation. 2nd gen ones were only available with a short run by Machinecraft and bigger run RS Prop Masters.

BM is not shipping from UK anymore. He is in a EU country, so if you are in the UK you will have the same customs applied.

Last edited:
I used Raf's Ultimate (or Ultra) stencils on my last helmet, which was a MinuteFett ESB lineage helmet. They worked perfectly scaled at 100% if I recall.

ive found a lot of lineage helmets that are 3rd gen etc arent going to be lineage
'generation' doesn't matter as much as the quality of casting material which does or doesn't lead to shrinkage and distortions. If low-shrink materials are used the difference between 2nd gen and 3rd gen are hardly noticable. I have 2nd gen, 3rd gen and 4th gen helmets and I find them interchangeable. Quality casting is what matters. I've never owned a Bobamaker helmet, but I've had his armor in the past and his quality is excellent. Minutefett's helmets are also excellent. You probably can't lose going either way.

Are you looking to do ESB or ROTJ?
Looking to do an ESB helmet, just finished my armour not long since
IMG_1800.jpeg

Id put money on it being a GMH based cast. Based on the stencils that Ive made that fit the helmet. Latest BM helmet (ESB) has the same dimmentions as a GMH. Its too perfect to not be.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back